-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread
Started by Zenge142
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No hammer. It's a plurarity game.oh, one more thing - is there majority hammer here or not? i want to avoid any possible silliness.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m going to be leaving for a good old fashioned game of American football. *glares spookily in the direction of WildZoo*
Friday I am going to be extremely busy with work things, so I might struggle to be here as often for most of the remaining Day 2.
For the moment, I’m
voting NateTheLesser.
Friday I am going to be extremely busy with work things, so I might struggle to be here as often for most of the remaining Day 2.
For the moment, I’m
voting NateTheLesser.
What's making you lean or read village on Empire?v
v
v
I liked that he put Nate further in the lead.What's making you lean or read village on Empire?
Even though it was temporary? How did you feel about him switching to genny?I liked that he put Nate further in the lead.
At the time he hadn't switched to genny. I don't feel wonderful about the switch, but if Nate flips wolf, it's still an overall good look unless the others have reason to believe he does hard busses.Even though it was temporary? How did you feel about him switching to genny?
What's got Nate so high?Haven't had the bandwidth to do proper digging today, but my reads have settled out a bit in my mind.
I dislike how stratified they are by how well I know people, but:
AM
PSV
JJJ
Sporty
Nate
April
Santy
Empire
Clem
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I wish I could properly articulate it. His behavior when he came back to the thread yesterday was helpful and pro-village (even though he wolf-read me >:[ ). He was cautious with his vote movement, and I always understood his reasoning.What's got Nate so high?
I am very persuadable on him; I'm persuadable on everybody below the line break. But he doesn't feel as sketch to me as the folks below him.
I might be parked on Nate until I hear more about his visit to samac.
Do you have thoughts on him targeting samac?I wish I could properly articulate it. His behavior when he came back to the thread yesterday was helpful and pro-village (even though he wolf-read me >:[ ). He was cautious with his vote movement, and I always understood his reasoning.
I am very persuadable on him; I'm persuadable on everybody below the line break. But he doesn't feel as sketch to me as the folks below him.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Torn between the classic "overly anxious wolf trying to get out ahead of a watcher" and "Nate continuing to try and be helpful/pro-village and putting himself out there to prevent a misunderstanding."Do you have thoughts on him targeting samac?
I... do think I'd like to know his PR, at this point. I need clarity.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Just to remind myself (I know most of you have this kind of thing internalized):
12 starting, 2 wolves would be 16.66% (repeating of course), 3 would be 25%. I can see either 2 or 3, with a shift in PRs to balance things out.
If 2, it's currently 8/2. Assuming no intervening PRs, three more misyeets and the subsequent three NKs put us at 2/2.
If 3, it's currently 7/3. Two misyeets and two NKs put us at 3/3.
Tricky knowing which the mods would prefer. I recommend we flip a wolf, the power of their PR will probably be enlightening.
12 starting, 2 wolves would be 16.66% (repeating of course), 3 would be 25%. I can see either 2 or 3, with a shift in PRs to balance things out.
If 2, it's currently 8/2. Assuming no intervening PRs, three more misyeets and the subsequent three NKs put us at 2/2.
If 3, it's currently 7/3. Two misyeets and two NKs put us at 3/3.
Tricky knowing which the mods would prefer. I recommend we flip a wolf, the power of their PR will probably be enlightening.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WIFOMgg samac
*I visited samac last night*
Claiming this up front in case there are any trackers/watchers that think they saw something spicy. (If there is a tracker/watcher I would expect they're likely town, and I wouldn't want them to out what might seem like a possible red check on me just to then get me AND themselves killed since they'd have a more helpful power than mine)
OuchUnimpressed
Lmao I did this exact thing. Maybe not common where you're from but not unheard of 'round these parts.most aren't the sort to do make a claim right off the bat without receiving significant pressure
I guess you could call that a paranoia PoE.Why am I suddenly in your wolfreads?
I have the distinct sensation I'm being shepherded. Of the current "wolfy" consensus players, I feel actually not terrible about Clem, Nate, and True. Which means either my gut is leading me astray or we're going down the wrong road.
So I'm reevaluating and cannot exclude you. Technically I guess I can't exclude anyone but.
Interesting. Dead people tend to get a lot of respect here... Right, @WildZoo?dead people get no respect
If it's a paranoia POE why are you voting JJJ? And why am I part of it? Why are you feeling not terrible about Nate? How do you feel about Empire?I guess you could call that a paranoia PoE.
I have the distinct sensation I'm being shepherded. Of the current "wolfy" consensus players, I feel actually not terrible about Clem, Nate, and True. Which means either my gut is leading me astray or we're going down the wrong road.
So I'm reevaluating and cannot exclude you. Technically I guess I can't exclude anyone but.
Voting JJJ because I'm hoping I'm onto something.If it's a paranoia POE why are you voting JJJ? And why am I part of it? Why are you feeling not terrible about Nate? How do you feel about Empire?
You're part of it because you can't be excluded and you mimic your village tone very well.
I don't have a good reason for not wolfreading Nate. He's not villagey. Just neutral. I haven't seen anything dramatic to move him either way.
Empire... No strong feelings. I don't think he's as wolfy as I thought yester fiscal day. He feels okay now?
I snortedInteresting. Dead people tend to get a lot of respect here... Right, @WildZoo?
I'm asking what makes it a paranoid POE and not a real POE.Voting JJJ because I'm hoping I'm onto something.
Since when do you think that?You're part of it because you can't be excluded and you mimic your village tone very well.
Not even the post you said was WIFOM?I don't have a good reason for not wolfreading Nate. He's not villagey. Just neutral. I haven't seen anything dramatic to move him either way.
Empire... No strong feelings. I don't think he's as wolfy as I thought yester fiscal day. He feels okay now?
Well, I guess because it's born out of paranoia rather than actual substance. I cannot point to specific posts and say "JJJ sounds wolfy here," it's just a sentiment.I'm asking what makes it a paranoid POE and not a real POE.
I've always thought that? Recently though you've cleared yourself early by voting for a wolf and/or sounding way more villagey than people in the POE and I don't know if either of those has happened yet.Since when do you think that?
That one post was WIFOM for sure but I'm not wolf-reading him over that one post. Like, I did the same thing as a wolf in LiterWWary (I think that was the game?) where I admitted being jailed before anyone else brought it up to try and get enough "wow a wolf wouldn't really do that, right?" but there are both village and wolf motivations for that sort of post.Not even the post you said was WIFOM?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻Interesting. Dead people tend to get a lot of respect here... Right, @WildZoo?
No. You've always said, barring last game, that I sound wolfy.I've always thought that? Recently though you've cleared yourself early by voting for a wolf and/or sounding way more villagey than people in the POE and I don't know if either of those has happened yet.
Which recent game have I played with you where you cleared me for voting a wolf?
I see.That one post was WIFOM for sure but I'm not wolf-reading him over that one post. Like, I did the same thing as a wolf in LiterWWary (I think that was the game?) where I admitted being jailed before anyone else brought it up to try and get enough "wow a wolf wouldn't really do that, right?" but there are both village and wolf motivations for that sort of post.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
What I'm hearing is, we need to slavishly stick to Samac's legacy reads for the rest of the game, no matter what changes.(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I’m going to be leaving for a good old fashioned game of American football. *glares spookily in the direction of WildZoo*
I like you so I hope you have a good time, but I still hope your team loses 😛
Skill issue 🤷♀️I still don't get it.
Fear not. Explaining is a skill that can be improved.Skill issue 🤷♀️
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
@Animal Midwife I believe he's referring to this as his explanation.Normally this woild be correct but given samac flip its entirely possible they died due to their role rather than being nked
I agree with you, I'd like more than this.
I still don't understand how that relates to Nate or why wolves would holster N1.@Animal Midwife I believe he's referring to this as his explanation.
I agree with you, I'd like more than this.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
If the only death was Samac's and her ability actually worked like a doctor, that would mean that sheI still don't understand how that relates to Nate or why wolves would holster N1.
1. Decided to give up her life for someone else.
2. Correctly predicted the NK or her ability worked on anywho who got NK'd? But... that feels outlandish.
3. Decided to not tell us or give us a hint before she did it.
All put together, it's just silly. Samac was the NK target and we should move forward, unless anyone wants to come forward and explain why she wasn't.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right, but even if I accept all that, I still don't see any connection to Nate. That's why I'm trying to get clarification on from Clem.If the only death was Samac's and her ability actually worked like a doctor, that would mean that she
1. Decided to give up her life for someone else.
2. Correctly predicted the NK or her ability worked on anywho who got NK'd? But... that feels outlandish.
3. Decided to not tell us or give us a hint before she did it.
All put together, it's just silly. Samac was the NK target and we should move forward, unless anyone wants to come forward and explain why she wasn't.
Was there a reason you jumped on clem at the last moment if you reasoned this out much earlier than vote close?I think we should eliminate Clem.
I have also considered genny and SportPonies, but I don't know either of them at all and it'd be close to null guessing. I actually harbor suspicion of Clem.
I am no longer thrilled with an elimination of either Truenamer or Nate.
Uh...?Which recent game have I played with you where you cleared me for voting a wolf?
Assassination classroom, I think?
This is how I feel about the thread right now:
Like every time there's consideration to yeeting anyone, someone (?) gives Border Collie eye and us sheep go "nyahhhh!!!" And turn the other way. Like we're being ping ponged around.
And then suddenly genny gets singled out for no good reason? It's weird. The movement is weird. It doesn't make sense to me.
Like every time there's consideration to yeeting anyone, someone (?) gives Border Collie eye and us sheep go "nyahhhh!!!" And turn the other way. Like we're being ping ponged around.
And then suddenly genny gets singled out for no good reason? It's weird. The movement is weird. It doesn't make sense to me.
Degraded confidence in eliminating either Nate or True and no reason to that point to change my mind about Clem.Was there a reason you jumped on clem at the last moment if you reasoned this out much earlier than vote close?
Do you think anyone looks suspicious enough on their own power to warrant a confident, steadfast wagon that isn’t reconsidered as new posts arrive?This is how I feel about the thread right now:
Like every time there's consideration to yeeting anyone, someone (?) gives Border Collie eye and us sheep go "nyahhhh!!!" And turn the other way. Like we're being ping ponged around.
And then suddenly genny gets singled out for no good reason? It's weird. The movement is weird. It doesn't make sense to me.
I have a feeling that I've been the biggest voice against empire so I find it interesting that he puts me at the top of his village reads, even feels the need to separate me from the rest of the groupsAprilthearab
Santygrass
samac
JaggedJimmyJay
Truenamer
Animal Midwife
SportPonies
genny
potentialsheltervet
Clem J
NateTheLesser
this is the list i've had sitting in notepad for a while
i very nearly moved truenamer down a tier out of peer pressure but i'm holding to my stance and recent posts have made me feel okay continuing my village read there
my stance on jay has moved toward "cautious trust" as the game has progressed - i wasn't townreading him initially not out of any great fear of his wolf game etc etc but simply because his posts weren't really clicking for me on the level of having thoughts i could villa read. but the game has gone on and the approach has not struck me as nefarious and he's not trying o maintain a status quo that is likely incorrect
the one thing i thought was somewhat villagery from genny was not wanting to yeet in the pool of newcomers simply because it seemed to be cutting off too many potential options as a wolf. beyond that i don't have much
psv read is mostly petty omgus on the scumread of me even if she's moved away from it, because i feel like it's probably not all villas that decide to vote me on day 1
I don't like getting too far down the rabbit hole of my own affiliation bias but I do have to wonder if this is an intentional wolfy strategy to pocket (or at least take himself off the very bottom of my wolf list) or get credit if I die
What has/had you putting santy so high?
Also find it interesting that you didn't end the day on either of your lowest wolf reads and instead opted for someone closer to neutral. Especially since you go out of your way to say that you don't have much on genny but you think something she did was villagery. Really do not like that
Not a huuuuge fan of the potentially retaliatory PSV read either
The difficulty with this game is that when people have been wagoned, they have responded in ways that genuinely look good. Perhaps they’re just playing the mafia alignment well in that way, but it’s not easy to tell. If someone looks town, it’s not ideal to just camp on their wagon stubbornly.
Oh wait sorry I forgot you jumped on Genny at the last moment and not Clem. I confused myself reading your response but I get it nowDegraded confidence in eliminating either Nate or True and no reason to that point to change my mind about Clem.
My genny vote was just “avoid a tie”. She was POE, but I had no confidence.
This post makes me queasyThis is how I feel about the thread right now:
Like every time there's consideration to yeeting anyone, someone (?) gives Border Collie eye and us sheep go "nyahhhh!!!" And turn the other way. Like we're being ping ponged around.
And then suddenly genny gets singled out for no good reason? It's weird. The movement is weird. It doesn't make sense to me.
I agree that the mass flip to genny was weird and I didn't like it but it's also pretty normal for people to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off D1This is how I feel about the thread right now:
Like every time there's consideration to yeeting anyone, someone (?) gives Border Collie eye and us sheep go "nyahhhh!!!" And turn the other way. Like we're being ping ponged around.
And then suddenly genny gets singled out for no good reason? It's weird. The movement is weird. It doesn't make sense to me.
But I understand why the flip to genny happened... santy and empire moved there, which wasn't a big deal on its own, then clem self prezzed which set off a chain reaction of "**** I don't want a tie" with samac and JJJ
Still don't like that santy and empire were there to begin with
Is there someone in particular that you think the thread consensus was sheeped off of that you'd like to see yeeted?
I mean, no? I don't think anyone should tunnel on someone to the exclusion of considering their new posts. That's not imo the best strategy.Do you think anyone looks suspicious enough on their own power to warrant a confident, steadfast wagon that isn’t reconsidered as new posts arrive?
Right. I think the wolves may'nt have had a substantial wagon yet.The difficulty with this game is that when people have been wagoned, they have responded in ways that genuinely look good. Perhaps they’re just playing the mafia alignment well in that way, but it’s not easy to tell. If someone looks town, it’s not ideal to just camp on their wagon stubbornly.
No, actually, and that's what concerns me. I think we're dancing without purpose.Is there someone in particular that you think the thread consensus was sheeped off of that you'd like to see yeeted?
Let me elaborate: I think everyone feels wrong because we haven't put enough pressure on the actual wolves. Maybe the players who have gotten substantial pressure feel village in response because *they all are.*
Take some Pepto bismol before you read it again ig.This post makes me queasy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sporty, where's your head? Who're you worried about?
Also as an aside, I'm so used to my phone catching contractions and auto fixing them that I typed "*****" just now and I'm glad I noticed that.
Also as an aside, I'm so used to my phone catching contractions and auto fixing them that I typed "*****" just now and I'm glad I noticed that.
Hmm it bleeped that. Okay. Just take the apostrophe out of who're.
Is there no way to turn off the swear filter?
Because if not that's bullshirt
Is that part of why you're interested in AM as a push?Let me elaborate: I think everyone feels wrong because we haven't put enough pressure on the actual wolves. Maybe the players who have gotten substantial pressure feel village in response because *they all are.*
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K