This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalman2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
TMDSAS opened on May 1, 2018

Interview/Acceptance/Rejection
School:
Notification date:
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection date:
Method of notification:
TMDSAS mail-out date:
Application received date:
GPA (BCPM, Overall):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Try to use this format when receiving an interview, acceptance or rejection to keep things organized.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
So I’m not sure if there’s a better place for this question, but has anyone who’s already submitted gotten a confirmation from San Antonio that they received your app? Houston and Dallas have emailed but nothing from SA yet. Thanks!

I got something from Houston, but nothing from Dallas or San Antonio. Have you heard when they start offering interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on last year’s forum, SA and Houston started sending invites around the 3rd week of July I believe but last year Dallas was pretty behind the other 2 schools!

Reactions: 1 user
I got something from Houston, but nothing from Dallas or San Antonio. Have you heard when they start offering interviews?
Also if you have a gmail account, my email from Dallas said they’ve had issues in the past with their emails being put in junk/ spam folders so I’d check those folders as well!

Good luck all. If you have questions about A&M COD I’d be glad to answer in a PM.

I received a confirmation from San Antonio a week after submitting my app. Didn't hear from UH or A&M yet. How long did it take you to hear back?
I heard from A&M 4 days later and from Houston a week later. Still nothing from SA and it’s been almost 2 weeks

San Antonio will be behind in almost every facet of the process, hang tight

I heard from A&M 4 days later and from Houston a week later. Still nothing from SA and it’s been almost 2 weeks
I just submitted A&M's secondary (that list of checkboxes). Do i need to pay any additional fee/ anything else for the secondary?

I just submitted A&M's secondary (that list of checkboxes). Do i need to pay any additional fee/ anything else for the secondary?
I don’t believe so, it didn’t have me pay anything extra!

Any update on that?
I submitted 05/18 and have only heard back from HOU...
Any update on that?
I submitted 05/18 and have only heard back from HOU...
Nope nothing from SA still and I submitted on 5/24. Is your file complete? My committee packet should be submitted early this week but that’s the only thing I’m still waiting on.

Yea it took awhile for my packet to get in... but everything is complete for me as of yesterday (Been waiting for TMDSAS to tell me my dentist's letter was in).

Is not receiving a notification a reason for concern? Not sure if I should just wait it out or call and see if they did get it...
I don’t think so, if you look at last year’s thread page 3 apparently it’s pretty common to take a long time especially for SA.

*~*~*TMDSAS 2018*~*~*

I would check you spam/ junk occasionally though because my email from Dallas stated they’ve had issues with their emails being identified as spam.

Yea it took awhile for my packet to get in... but everything is complete for me as of yesterday (Been waiting for TMDSAS to tell me my dentist's letter was in).

Is not receiving a notification a reason for concern? Not sure if I should just wait it out or call and see if they did get it...
Just received my email from SA today at 4pm!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who submitted a committee packet that included dentist letter: did it take longer for that letter status to change to received than it took for the status of the packet to change?

For anyone who submitted a committee packet that included dentist letter: did it take longer for that letter status to change to received than it took for the status of the packet to change?
Yup. Took me like an extra week for my dentist letter to be verified even though it was part of my committee letter. IDK why it's like that tbh.

Yup. Took me like an extra week for my dentist letter to be verified even though it was part of my committee letter. IDK why it's like that tbh.
Awesome thanks for the reply! I was thinking about calling but I’ll just give it until next week then

Still waiting on TMDSAS to upload my dentist letter...everything else is in. Am I considered late for Texas schools as it’s already July 1st ?

Still waiting on TMDSAS to upload my dentist letter...everything else is in. Am I considered late for Texas schools as it’s already July 1st ?
I think you’re okay, but they did take a week to upload my dentist letter from my committee packet, just a heads up!

I am still waiting for my committee letter to be uploaded. It is taking longer than I expected and I am becoming more nervous. I have not submitted my application yet. Does TMDSAS also take couple weeks to verify the GPA and transcript?

I am still waiting for my committee letter to be uploaded. It is taking longer than I expected and I am becoming more nervous. I have not submitted my application yet. Does TMDSAS also take couple weeks to verify the GPA and transcript?
You can submit your application without your committee packet! The processing time for applications is getting longer, so I would submit like now and get a head start - TMDSAS schools wait for everything to be in (transcripts, DAT scores, letters) before they begin reviewing your app.

When do the schools usually start sending invites?

Off topic slightly, does anyone have admissions stats from last year's acceptance pool (Class of 2022). I was wondering what the most up to date GPA/DAT scores were for last year's entering class. Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am reading the TMDSAS website and it shows that majority of interviewed students submitted application in May/June. If I have everything ready to submit now, will I be at a disadvantage?

Hello,

I am reading the TMDSAS website and it shows that majority of interviewed students submitted application in May/June. If I have everything ready to submit now, will I be at a disadvantage?

It takes a couple of weeks for everything to be verified and transmitted to schools. I applied on August 20th and my stuff wasn't transmitted to the Texas schools until October. It was tough waiting for interview invites in December and January when others we were waiting on acceptances.

Just because you apply early and interview in the first or second round doesn't guarantee an acceptance. How you interview is more important than when you interview. Pre-December interviews are obviously preferred but performing poorly at an early interview can get you forgotten by ADCOMs.
Strong late interview > weak/forgettable early interview.

If you feel you app is strong (DAT, GPA, LORs, ECs, etc) then you gotta take your shot. Best of Luck!

Demarcus Cousins is a weenie for going to Warriors btw ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if any batch of interview invites have been sent out ?

Just in case any of you guys aren't following the TAMU Dental FB page. A little update for applicants

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-21_16-21-37.png
    upload_2018-7-21_16-21-37.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 103
Does anyone know if any batch of interview invites have been sent out ?
I haven’t seen anything so far but if they’re sticking to the same schedule as last year, SA and Houston should be sending out some next week!

This might be a silly question, but they don't send out emails until after TMDSAS transmits the application to the schools?

If I took the DAT last year but did not apply that cycle, do I need to resubmit my DAT scores or how does this work? I believe I entered my Dentpin, date, and individual scores on the TMDSAS application but I was not sure if I need to do anything else. Thank you!

If I took the DAT last year but did not apply that cycle, do I need to resubmit my DAT scores or how does this work? I believe I entered my Dentpin, date, and individual scores on the TMDSAS application but I was not sure if I need to do anything else. Thank you!
You’re fine. No need to do anything else.

Interview #1
School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 7/24/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18/18
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/26/24/29/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/13/18

Interview #1
Notification date: 7/24/18
Method of notification: E-mail
Application received date: 6/11/18
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.96, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/25/none
Interview Date: 8/13/18

Interview #2
School: TAMU College of Dentistry
Notification date: 7/25/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11/18
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/17/18

Interview #2
Notification date: 7/25/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11/18
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/17/18
There it is! Congrats!:highfive:

So have the Texas schools only invited the people with 4.0s and 27AAs so far? Lol asking for a friend

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know how many people got accepted after Houston interviews last year?
ADEA book says 16 interviewed last year. 2 matriculated.

Hun, Their class size is 103. That can't be true
My ADEA handbook says 308 interviewed and 103 matriculated, instate and OOS combined.
Sorry i meant out of state students

Interview
Notification date: 7/24/2018
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/22/2018
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/22/30/None
Interview date: 8/13/2018

Interview
Notification date: 7/25/2018
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/22/2018
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/22/30/None
Interview date: 8/15/2018

Interview #3
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 7/31/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18/18
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/21/18

How do I update my grades? Do I just request the transcripts to be sent to TMDSAS?

My TMDSAS application just sent to the Texas dental schools. Do I have a chance? :(
Do you know anyone who got interviews and accepted even though their application sent during august time period?

My TMDSAS application just sent to the Texas dental schools. Do I have a chance? :(
Do you know anyone who got interviews and accepted even though their application sent during august time period?

Mine still says "TMDSAS processing" .. :(

Mine still says "TMDSAS processing" .. :(

When did you submit your application? It took me 3 weeks to process and verify my scores. I submitted on July 16th and received an email today that the applucation is sent.

When did you submit your application? It took me 3 weeks to process and verify my scores. I submitted on July 16th and received an email today that the applucation is sent.

Yeah I submitted the 24th, so hopefully it will be sent by next week!

Hey guys, I had a quick question. I submitted my application on May 30th and all 3 Texas schools have emailed me saying that they have received my application. The only issue is my committee packet just got sent in today. Is my application considered submitted in May or today in August? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk