Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

Started by BB8730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you guys receive any confirmation after submitting secondary from Touro Nevada?

I submitted my payment at 5 p.m. on 7/2 and have not yet received a confirmation of the secondary being received. I have only received a confirmation of the payment.
 
I submitted my payment at 5 p.m. on 7/2 and have not yet received a confirmation of the secondary being received. I have only received a confirmation of the payment.

Did you submitted through email? If so, did you scan and upload the documents as a pdf file?
 
The email states that the application is not a fillable PDF?

How do we type it then? I would rather not handwrite.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have an iPad you can download it to Goodnotes and type on it that way. Then send it via email from Goodnotes. I just deleted lines as I went so it didn't mess up the formatting. I only received conformation of payment. I got my secondary on 7/1. Got the Cali one also but have decided not to send it as the hubby doesn't like the area. My stats are pretty middle of the road.
 
The email states that the application is not a fillable PDF?

How do we type it then? I would rather not handwrite.

I attempted to type it up but the formatting is messed up, so I just handwrote the secondary, scanned and sent by email.
 
I attempted to type it up but the formatting is messed up, so I just handwrote the secondary, scanned and sent by email.

I have no problem typing in my answers using Adobe Reader. Of course I still printed it out so I could sign my signature...kind of ridiculous to still need hand-written signatures in 2013.
 
Just scanned the documents and combined them into one pdf file and emailed it to TouroNV admission.

Upgrading my Adobe cost me $10. Oh well, I would've paid that if I were to mail them using express service.
 
Anyone know how to type up the secondary?

What do you mean? the application I received was on a fillable pdf file. It took me less than 30mins to fill. Except for the signature on the fifth page of the application and the Technical Standards Certification form, everything could be typed.
 
I just skimmed last year's thread and people were discussing the same exact thing. Some typed it and others handwrote it. To be able to type your responses directly on the application, your Adobe program must allow you to do so. Perhaps, all you need to do is to upgrade your Adobe and you'll be able to access the fillable version of the application.
 
TouroNV didn't specify in their email the format they want the secondary to be in. However, TouroCA did. If I were you, I would avoid the risk of having my secondary neglect it. They will be seeing thousands of secondaries, and it may be very tempting for them to ignore a secondary merely for inconvenience.
 
Received an email acknowledging the receipt of my secondary application and that it is now under review. It also mentions that I should I allow 4 weeks before hearing a decision.
 
Received an email acknowledging the receipt of my secondary application and that it is now under review. It also mentions that I should I allow 4 weeks before hearing a decision.

Same. Does anyone know if they e-mail us when they receive our LORs or when our application is considered 'complete?'
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. Does anyone know if they e-mail us when they receive our LORs or when our application is considered 'complete?'

I have a completed application and Interfolio electronically delivered my letters, so I assume it's a complete email? For some reason Touro-CA doesn't use electronic delivery via Interfolio.
 
I have a completed application and Interfolio electronically delivered my letters, so I assume it's a complete email? For some reason Touro-CA doesn't use electronic delivery via Interfolio.

Strange.

My undergrad committee uses VirtualEvals for LOR's delivery. I just checked their website and it shows that all DO school accept letters from VirtualEvals. Perhaps, you could try this service.
 
Strange.

My undergrad committee uses VirtualEvals for LOR's delivery. I just checked their website and it shows that all DO school accept letters from VirtualEvals. Perhaps, you could try this service.

CA will get my letters, just through priority USPS instead of Interfolio emailing them. Interfolio is the preferred way via AACOMAS. I think they are the same company or something.
 
3.28 sgpa 3.15 cgpa 26 mcat over 10,000 hrs working at ortho surgery clinic as medical assistant and scribe, 100+ healthcare volunteer hrs, misc volunteer hrs, 2 MD letters and 1 DO letter, OOS resident. strong upward trend with upper division science courses. chances?

Decent. No reason not to apply. Good luck man!
 
For those AACOMAS fee waiver recipients, how are you planning to do with the secondary fee?

TouroCA gives the option to send them a copy of the AACOMAS fee waiver and they will drop the fee, will TouroNV do the same?

Hey Alnafis, were you able to find ans to this question? I received secondary do we attach fee waiver to the application?
 
Just received a secondary, but it says my app won't be considered until I complete my remaining prereq work(orgo 2 this fall). Don't even know if I should apply if they won't consider me until the grade for that comes in December.🙁
 
Hey Alnafis, were you able to find ans to this question? I received secondary do we attach fee waiver to the application?

Yes, just do it exactly the same way you would for TouroCA (include a copy of the aacomas email that shows your fee waiver status).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How on earth do you fit the school name, the city, state, and country all in that tiny box!?!