2023-2024 TouroCOM - Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Las Vegas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished OMS 1 at this school and happy to answer anyone's questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, just finished OMS-I. For reference (obviously might be different for you all), I received my secondary in early August and my application was received by AACOMAS in late June. I interviewed mid-October and the admissions decision was approximately 1 month later. I had two interviewers who asked standard interview questions. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the program, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Secondary received OOS

Last edited:
Hey guys, just finished OMS-I. For reference (obviously might be different for you all), I received my secondary in early August and my application was received by AACOMAS in late June. I interviewed mid-October and the admissions decision was approximately 1 month later. I had two interviewers who asked standard interview questions. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the program, etc.
What are they looking for in applicants? I barely squeaked in with a 500 but my other stats and EC's are DO stellar. Do they have a preference towards rural backgrounds, military, clinical experience, regional preference, etc.?

What word count or character limit are you all using as a guide to write a response for the questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it okay if I have no awards/recognitions (other than like Dean's List which I already put on my primary)?

I haven't won any awards so is that a red flag that would reject me? My stats are decent (510 mcat, 3.92cgpa, 3.85sgpa) (but also an OOS ORM)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 7/11/23

I submitted my secondary but it says that there is a requirement for osteopathic medicine technical standards and I have to upload it? Is there a form I need to submit and is my application not complete until then?

i submitted my primary on 7/23 but haven't gotten a secondary yet... how long does it usually take?

I submitted my secondary but it says that there is a requirement for osteopathic medicine technical standards and I have to upload it? Is there a form I need to submit and is my application not complete until then?
Nice catch... Didnt even read the full email oops lol

I never received a form to upload? Does anyone know where we are getting this from…

I never received a form to upload? Does anyone know where we are getting this from…
I never received one either. The email said that they would send it, but I never received it. Another poster in this thread posted a link to their webpage that has the form available to download. I downloaded it, signed and submitted, so hopefully that was the right thing to do.

Did you guys write your secondaries like you did for the primary or was it more semiformal and not in a "story" like form?

Just received a “in review” email. Submitted my secondary in mid July

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does this school accept updates or letters of intent?

Did anyone else just get an email stating that they are in the final review stage and will soon be notified of a decision?

Yes, I did. I haven’t received an II yet so I thought that email was a little weird.

II rn, OOS!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone!

I am a current OMS-II student working with the office of Admissions. I am here to help answer any questions you may have regarding student life, the curriculum, things to do in Las Vegas, information about TUNCOM, etc. Please do not ask questions regarding your application status or questions relating to when interview invites/admission decisions will be released. I will not be able to help you and will refer you to reach out to TUN admissions.

Last edited:
Hi! Can you provide some info about the interview format? Open/closed file, one-on-one or group, etc? I couldn't really find that info anywhere.
The interview format will be a traditional format with potentially 1 or 2 faculty. I do not know if the interviewers will be given your file but I always tell students to assume that they know everything - never assume.

Hello everyone!

I am a current OMS-II student working with the office of Admissions. I am here to help answer any questions you may have regarding student life, the curriculum, things to do in Las Vegas, information about TUNCOM, etc. Please do not ask questions regarding your application status or questions relating to when interview invites/admission decisions will be released. I will not be able to help you and will refer you to reach out to TUN admissions.
Did you participate in any student clinics/service-learning opportunities during your first year? Or is it more like a study 24/7 culture there?

Is TUNCOM usually super slow with interview invites? Seems like they were trying to fill a few spots last minute in the previous years.

Did you participate in any student clinics/service-learning opportunities during your first year? Or is it more like a study 24/7 culture there?
I would characterize TUN's 1st year as a traditional one. Exams are generally every 2-3 weeks with 1-2 exams per system block. You have OMM and Clinical Skills (doctoring course) concurrently with your block lectures. Sprinkled around the year, you have cadaver lab as well as OSCEs. There are opportunities to participate in clinical activities but they are usually on a first come basis.

I would not say it is a study 24/7 culture here, but you can expect to put in a considerable amount of time in your classes. Plenty of people have fun to check out Las vegas, go out to the strip, and just hang out.

Is TUNCOM usually super slow with interview invites? Seems like they were trying to fill a few spots last minute in the previous years.
I am not too sure. All I can say is waitlist movement caused a lot of shifting around which could reasonably lead to more interview invites to properly fill the class.

“Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon of the next decision. If you are no longer interested in attending, please respond to this email and your application will be closed for the current cycle.”

I am tmrw. I think maybe this is the first cohort but not sure. Would love to hear anyone's experience if they have interviewed!
I am also interviewing tomorrow. I think we are the second cohort actually.