Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

Started by BB8730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For me there were two days each with a morning and an afternoon session to choose from and the earlier day was almost booked.

+1. There are two sessions per day, from 7:45-1 and 12:45-6. I had the choice of either 9/10 afternoon or 10/9 morning or afternoon.
 
I was gone for the weekend, but I received an II on friday as well! Set the date for Sept 10th 12:45-6!
 
I got an interview the same day and time!!! Anybody know what to expect during the interview? Sept. 10 12:45!!!
 
I had to change my interview time, had originally selected September 10 evening, but flights wouldn't have worked for me. Had to chose October 9 morning, so someone might have gotten a call for a September 10 evening opening!
 
Anyone know the acceptance post-interview % here?

This will be my first interview and it is my top choice school. I've searched older threads and can't seem to figure out the odds.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this accidentally in touro-CA but I guess the question still applies. With ii being sent out is it too late for me to apply? I just submitted my primary, hasn't been released yet. I have good ECs 3.28 sgpa 32mcat.
 
I posted this accidentally in touro-CA but I guess the question still applies. With ii being sent out is it too late for me to apply? I just submitted my primary, hasn't been released yet. I have good ECs 3.28 sgpa 32mcat.

no you are totally fine, there's a lot more than two interview dates.
 
Anyone know which hotels offer a free shuttle to and from McCarran? I've never been to Vegas/Henderson before...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
umm I hate to be "that guy, but I've never been to Vegas before, and after the interview ends I'm probably going to want to explore after haha. Anyone else going clubbing or to pool spots afterwards? I'll probably take an extra day off work just because I'll never know the next time I'll be in Vegas (especially being a med student for 8+ years), so I gotta carpe diem that shizz. :d

PM me if anyone's interested in meeting up or whatever.
My interview date is Sept. 10

oh... I'm a 23 y/o male from NJ
 
How long did it take for you guys to receive a secondary? My application was released to the school two weeks ago and haven't gotten a secondary yet. I wasn't able to check my e-mail for a week or so and am hoping the secondary e-mail didn't get deleted from junk mail. Thanks!
 
Hey did you hear from Nevada yet? I know our numbers are very close. I did and I am interviewing in Oct, just letting you know, if not your should pretty soon 🙂

Thank you Simon.

No, I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm still waiting. Hopefully soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take for you guys to receive a secondary? My application was released to the school two weeks ago and haven't gotten a secondary yet. I wasn't able to check my e-mail for a week or so and am hoping the secondary e-mail didn't get deleted from junk mail. Thanks!
I was released July 20th and have yet to get a secondary...
 
Be patient, you will receive it. You received your CA secondary yesterday and I received it today, so I think as long as you have the minimum requirements to pass the screening, you'll eventually receive your secondary.

I don't think this is necessarily true. 😳 My application was released on day 1 and I meet the minimum requirements but I have yet to receive an invitation to complete their secondary (I did, however, receive one for Touro-CA). I called TUNCOM and they confirmed that they have my primary application...so I guess it's not some kind of technical error. 🙁