-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So apparently there are no essay questions for Touro Nevada secondaries and its super short?
/
100$
100$
oh lawd
Last year here was how my application went: (
AACOMAS verified mid 7/28
Received an email to complete the secondary app August 6th
Secondary App for last year was a copy and paste of part of your AACOMAS app
Submitted Secondary and paid fee Aug 12th, received a confirmation right away
Email inviting me for interview 8/22, called that day
Scheduled my interview for the Second interview date, 9/29, but was also offered a spot in the first date. I think the first date was 9/15
Last year interviews were held every other week on Mondays unless there was a Jewish holiday
Interviewed 9/29
10/8, 9 days later, I was email my acceptance email.
10/14 was emailed my acceptance letter with all the info on how to pay deposit etc.
They are fast in letting you know if you are accepted or not from my experience. This is a good thing if you are waiting to hear back but also they give you 2 weeks from your acceptance letter to pay a $2000 deposit. Obviously the dates will be different for you but I just wanted to post this to give you guys some more info. I was quite antsy waiting to hear back.
Also read last years thread, a few of us gave our impressions and well I am sure I might answer some of your questions when I start in August.
AACOMAS verified mid 7/28
Received an email to complete the secondary app August 6th
Secondary App for last year was a copy and paste of part of your AACOMAS app
Submitted Secondary and paid fee Aug 12th, received a confirmation right away
Email inviting me for interview 8/22, called that day
Scheduled my interview for the Second interview date, 9/29, but was also offered a spot in the first date. I think the first date was 9/15
Last year interviews were held every other week on Mondays unless there was a Jewish holiday
Interviewed 9/29
10/8, 9 days later, I was email my acceptance email.
10/14 was emailed my acceptance letter with all the info on how to pay deposit etc.
They are fast in letting you know if you are accepted or not from my experience. This is a good thing if you are waiting to hear back but also they give you 2 weeks from your acceptance letter to pay a $2000 deposit. Obviously the dates will be different for you but I just wanted to post this to give you guys some more info. I was quite antsy waiting to hear back.
Also read last years thread, a few of us gave our impressions and well I am sure I might answer some of your questions when I start in August.
that's gonna hurt100$
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone even receive confirmation that their primary was received? i was verified 7/11 and still have heard absolutely nothing from them.
I actually called them, they said they weren't going to even start downloading primaries until this week, so it could be a while.
I actually called them, they said they weren't going to even start downloading primaries until this week, so it could be a while.
Last week was DO19 orientation so they were really busy. Last year I had my secondary from Touro Nevada by August 6th, I think.
Secondary this afternoon.
I was all caught up with them and all in one day I have three to complete now haha.
I was all caught up with them and all in one day I have three to complete now haha.
Secondary today.
Can anyone clarify what the following question means?
"Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree? Yes or No"
"Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree? Yes or No"
secondary recieved
Can anyone clarify what the following question means?
"Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree? Yes or No"
Yes you are, a DO.
Are we required to send in official transcripts?? Also, when it says to enter cumulative GPA to date, is that including the GPA from other institution?
Are we required to send in official transcripts??
Read the whole email they sent, no.
Read the whole email they sent, no.
I just did. Thanks! I got excited and went to the application portal right away.
On my phone so can't check application, anyone can confirm if the secondary essay questions are the same from touro Cali secondary?
I haven't applied to Cali, so I don't know. But, for Nevada, it doesn't have the "essay" questions. It just has experience and awards section. Let me know if I'm mistaking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone clarify what the following question means?
"Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree? Yes or No"
My guess would be are you currently pursuing a degree. Not sure why they wouldn't just ask: are you currently in school?
On my phone so can't check application, anyone can confirm if the secondary essay questions are the same from touro Cali secondary?
stay tuned. I'll let you know.
UPDATE: NO Secondary essay 🙂
For GPA section, I wonder if we are supposed to use AACOMAS GPA with the grade replacement, or the GPA that is written on the transcripts. Anyone?
For GPA section, I wonder if we are supposed to use AACOMAS GPA with the grade replacement, or the GPA that is written on the transcripts. Anyone?
Uhm. I don't even see a GPA section

Still thinking about how I'm going to answer this question:
Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree?*
I see two possibilities (a) is the program you are applying to a degree program (vs certificate program) (b) are you currently in school
hmm..
Uhm. I don't even see a GPA section![]()
It's under "Post-Secondary Academic Record" tab.
It's under "Post-Secondary Academic Record" tab.
Does that come up after you submit? How did you answer the matriculation status: are you seeking a degree question? Refer to my previous post
Does that come up after you submit? How did you answer the matriculation status: are you seeking a degree question? Refer to my previous post
I answered yes. And I haven't submitted my application yet, and it is showing. It is right under Emergency contact tab. Your's doesn't have it?
I answered yes. And I haven't submitted my application yet, and it is showing. It is right under Emergency contact tab. Your's doesn't have it?
Nope. That's weird...
Anyways, I looked elsewhere and it does seem that the matriculation question should be answered as yes. They should just ask if we are applying for a degree program..or it should acknowledge D.O is a degree program lol
Nope. That's weird...
Anyways, I looked elsewhere and it does seem that the matriculation question should be answered as yes. They should just ask if we are applying for a degree program..or it should acknowledge D.O is a degree program lol
That is weird. And your looking at the Touro-Nevada, correct?
That is weird. And your looking at the Touro-Nevada, correct?
Yea. I figured out what was wrong. If you select no for the following question: Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree?*
You won't have those options heh
Yea. I figured out what was wrong. If you select no for the following question: Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree?*
You won't have those options heh
Lol. You had me worried for a minute there.
For GPA section, I wonder if we are supposed to use AACOMAS GPA with the grade replacement, or the GPA that is written on the transcripts. Anyone?
Can't help you here. Didn't have any retakes. I'd put what is on your transcript. If you think it may be alarming to the school (that your gpa appears to low), then I'd hold off until tomorrow and call the school. That way you know for sure how to fill it out.
That awkward moment when this is the most difficult question on the entire app...Uhm. I don't even see a GPA section
Still thinking about how I'm going to answer this question:
Matriculation Status: Are you seeking a degree?*
I see two possibilities (a) is the program you are applying to a degree program (vs certificate program) (b) are you currently in school
hmm..
That awkward moment when this is the most difficult question on the entire app...
lol. make sure you put yes. Y0u won't be able to finish otherwise.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So glad TUN doesn't have a secondary like Touro - Cali. Still working on that one...
.
Last edited:
Just submitted the secondary!
Submitted mine as well. Good luck folks.
Did anyone preview their application prior to submitting via the PDF? Under my academic plan it does not show that it checked off Touro Nevada as the selected campus. Also it states I'm interested in staying in the dorms even though there was no option offered in the application lol.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 300
- Views
- 57K
- Replies
- 318
- Views
- 76K
- Replies
- 226
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 438
- Views
- 94K
- Replies
- 282
- Views
- 68K