Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hmm....Seems like I did not make the payment. I don't understand why they still send me the complete and ready to review email.
 
Anyone know if Touro nevada is also high on 30-30+ mcats like cali? Also got complete email and wondering about their mcat preferences. thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm a bit confused on how we apply to both TUCOM and TUNCOM. I've received invites to apply to both but both are using the same application system. In the academic plan section, I can only pick one school. How do I go about doing this?
 
So I'm a bit confused on how we apply to both TUCOM and TUNCOM. I've received invites to apply to both but both are using the same application system. In the academic plan section, I can only pick one school. How do I go about doing this?

Take a look at the secondary request email.

"If you have already completed an application for another Touro campus, please create a new application account. If your profile name and email address are recognized as an existing applicant, ignore the error message and choose the new program from the academic plan. You will also need to pay the fee for the new application."
 
Take a look at the secondary request email.

"If you have already completed an application for another Touro campus, please create a new application account. If your profile name and email address are recognized as an existing applicant, ignore the error message and choose the new program from the academic plan. You will also need to pay the fee for the new application."

Oh ok I didn't see that. Thanks!
 
Just submitted this one as my first secondary. I live in Vegas, and since I'd like to stay close to home, this is my number one choice. Good luck everyone!
 
for the supplemental questions on the secondary, did you guys just list the activities, or did you actually write them in full sentences?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm waiting for my application to be verified and am very interested in this school. I'm a dealer at a local casino in Iowa and wondered if that could somehow be looked at as negative by this program.
 
is it ok to just copy and paste your AACOMAS primary application into the secondary for this school?
It seems like they use the secondary so that they don't have to read the primary application.
Are they expecting us to come up with a different explinations for the experiences that we had already discussed in our primary application?
 
I got an email saying that my application is under review. The e-mail also said that I'll either be rejected or invited for an interview in 1 month!
 
Just got an interview invite. I'm a little confused... They gave a number for me to call but I got a recording saying that nobody was available and that all the slots are filled up... And that leaving my info would let them get back to me for a wait list interview. So far, I haven't seen any other people say that they have gotten IIs. Maybe a recording from last year?

OOS 3.97c, 4.0s, 507 MCAT
 
Just got an interview invite. I'm a little confused... They gave a number for me to call but I got a recording saying that nobody was available and that all the slots are filled up... And that leaving my info would let them get back to me for a wait list interview. So far, I haven't seen any other people say that they have gotten IIs. Maybe a recording from last year?

OOS 3.97c, 4.0s, 507 MCAT
They probably weren't available, I would just call back in an hour or so and try again. Seemed like they just started giving out interviews, there were a few dates given to me that were open.
 
Just got an interview invite. I'm a little confused... They gave a number for me to call but I got a recording saying that nobody was available and that all the slots are filled up... And that leaving my info would let them get back to me for a wait list interview. So far, I haven't seen any other people say that they have gotten IIs. Maybe a recording from last year?

OOS 3.97c, 4.0s, 507 MCAT

I also got the same recording
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone here send LORs through interfolio? I got same email as everyone else about secondary received but I'm not sure if they received my letters
 
TUNCOM trolled me so hard with the II. I called 3 times and no one picked up so I left my contact info for an interview waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've had no luck getting them to pick up my calls to schedule an interview. Should we leave a message or is that just for those waitlisted?
 
I've had no luck getting them to pick up my calls to schedule an interview. Should we leave a message or is that just for those waitlisted?

Keep calling. I called them at least 10 times since yesterday throughout the day too Lol. Was able to reach them around 10 am today though.
 
Well I've called 7X today and left an email and my contact info. I am grateful for the II but this seems really disorganized and unprofessional. They should have an interview calendar like every other school.
 
If it makes any of you guys feel any better, I called 60 times yesterday and didn't get through. Just gotta keep trying