U of Illinois c/o 2024 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Savoy is a nice area in general, there are nice areas in Champaign but avoid stuff north of downtown/surrounding north area, I’ve been told to avoid east of philo in Urbana for the most part

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone else having some issues accessing their financial aid packages? The process is a tad confusing and I'd love some clarification rather than calling the office again.

anyone else having some issues accessing their financial aid packages? The process is a tad confusing and I'd love some clarification rather than calling the office again.

What are you struggling with specifically?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you struggling with specifically?

So my understanding is that financial aid can be seen through myillini via Ui-integrate self service. I made a net Id and password but I didn’t see anywhere to put a UIN number. I don’t think I received a UIN either? So my myillini page doesn’t show “high five you submitted an app”. My new netid doesn’t work anything in UI self service either, assuming bc it’s not linked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my understanding is that financial aid can be seen through myillini via Ui-integrate self service. I made a net Id and password but I didn’t see anywhere to put a UIN number. I don’t think I received a UIN either? So my myillini page doesn’t show “high five you submitted an app”. My new netid doesn’t work anything in UI self service either, assuming bc it’s not linked.

Is this the screen you're on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-175918_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200407-175918_Chrome.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 102
Is this the screen you're on?

I tried accessing that using my netid and password I made (only required name, email and birthday- no UIN). It didn’t work. I am now realizing that I need the UIN number to get the right netid. I looked at previous emails and letters and couldn’t find a UIN. I’ll email tomorrow to sort it out. Thanks though

I tried accessing that using my netid and password I made (only required name, email and birthday- no UIN). It didn’t work. I am now realizing that I need the UIN number to get the right netid. I looked at previous emails and letters and couldn’t find a UIN. I’ll email tomorrow to sort it out. Thanks though

Gotcha! You shouldn't need to put your UIN in anywhere to get to your financial aid. Let me know if you get hung up on stuff! I know recruitment scholarships went out Saturday, so everyone should have everything they're being offered in their financial aid.

Yes! I think found both my UIN and ID, but I don't have an activation code to set up my account to view anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current senior in undergrad and will be attending in the fall. Does anyone know if they are allowing pass/fail grades given the shift to online learning? I am considering taking one course pass fail that is not a pre-requisite. Does anyone see why this would be an issue?

I am a current senior in undergrad and will be attending in the fall. Does anyone know if they are allowing pass/fail grades given the shift to online learning? I am considering taking one course pass fail that is not a pre-requisite. Does anyone see why this would be an issue?

The vast, vast majority of undergrad institutions are changing to pass/fail, and I know plenty of people who dont get a choice on which classes this applies to. Especially since this class is not a pre-req, I dont see it being a problem. You're always welcome to email ASA to double check.

I’m waitlisted at Mizzou and they sent an email saying all classes that are passed are being considered as acceptable for pre requisites. I would assume IL is the same! :)

Thank you everyone for answering my questions today! I have one more... what are some common pet friendly apartment buildings vet med students typically live in?

what are some common pet friendly apartment buildings vet med students typically live in?

I think most apartment complexes in town are pet friendly, it just comes down to how much pet rent and deposits are. A lot of vet students live at the Village (@SportPonies) or the Place. I live at Hassel on the Park, which allows pets.

A ton of people live in houses as well with fenced in yards that have comparable or even better price attached from what I hear.

Straight from the Admissions page on the UIUC CVM website:
“Due to many colleges shifting to pass/fail online instruction only during Spring 2020, the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine will consider prerequisite courses to be acceptable if completed in Spring 2020 with a Passing grade (in place of the usually-required letter grade).”

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, we just got our weekly "Our Week at Vet Med" email sent out by the school. The letter from the dean mentioned that there are currently 119 acceptances for Class of 2024, as an FYI

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, we just got our weekly "Our Week at Vet Med" email sent out by the school. The letter from the dean mentioned that there are currently 119 acceptances for Class of 2024, as an FYI
So there are still "technically" 11 spots left? They wouldn't kick people out if they get too many acceptances right? My check was already deposited and everything, I just don't know how the process goes with how they send out more offers than what they actually can hold.

So there are still "technically" 11 spots left? They wouldn't kick people out if they get too many acceptances right? My check was already deposited and everything, I just don't know how the process goes with how they send out more offers than what they actually can hold.

There are 11 spots left in the class as people who were initially accepted have either declined their spot or have yet to accept their spot. Granted some people's acceptance paperwork may be in the mail on the way to the school.

They do not kick people out of classes for any reason besides not finishing prerequisites or whatever other stipulations were in your acceptance letter. Class of 2020 was originally over-accepted at 180 people because out of state acceptances went from 20% to 60% accepting their seat. The class started at 160. They are graduating with 155.

Every school overaccepts to a certain extent based on historical data on how many people accept their seats to each class.

Nope! They won’t kick anyone out! It happened with 2020 where 180(?) people accepted and they ended up with a final class of I think 160. Was a hot mess but all of classzilla was allowed to attend in the fall!!

My husband sent in his deposit today! His position on the waitlist for UC Davis (IS school) has not changed and we didn't want to cut things too close to the April 15th deadline.

My husband sent in his deposit today! His position on the waitlist for UC Davis (IS school) has not changed and we didn't want to cut things too close to the April 15th deadline.
Definitely better to not take that chance! Hoping he’ll be able to get into Davis!

Anyone still didn't see their check deposited yet as well?
And is there any word on the street about if the school will actually be opening in August (or sooner)? I'd like to know what to do with my contract...

Last edited:
Has anyone put a deposit for more than one school in the past?
I am just concerned if something screws with my acceptance at Ohio State, and I wonder if I should put a deposit for my in-state school for safety.

Anyone still didn't see their check deposited?
And is there any word on the street about if the school will actually be opening in August (or sooner)? I'd like to know what to do with my contract...

New 4th years were told that it is likely we won't start clinics until August 24, which would be y'alls first day of class. So for right now, things will go "normally" for fall semester. With that being said, this is literally changing on a weekly basis at this point. ASA will send you guys an update probably once your class is filled and they get you guys going on registration.

Has anyone put a deposit for more than one school in the past?
I am just concerned if something screws with my acceptance at Ohio State, and I wonder if I should put a deposit for my in-state school for safety.

You dont have to do this. I get where your paranoia is coming from and it's totally valid. But a phone call or email to Ohio state confirming you're all squared away is much more practical.

Anyone still didn't see their check deposited yet as well?
My check is also not deposited yet, but I mailed it in over a week ago. I figure if it’s the 15th and I haven’t heard anything or had it deposited, I’d send an email to ASA just to check in. Trying not to bother them until the actual date is here!

Hey everyone! Congrats on being accepted. I know it might be a little early, but I figured I would post in case anyone is interested. My roommates and I are looking for a 4th roommate to join us for next year. We are all OOS students. Two of us will be 3rd years and the other one will be a second year. We live in a 4 bed/2.5 bath townhouse in Savoy about a 5-7 minute drive from school. We have a HUGE fenced in backyard (w/ a patio set and campfire ring), 2 car garage, washer/dryer and the house would be entirely furnished other than your room. We currently have 2 dogs (and a hamster) and are looking for someone preferably with no dogs/cats as our dogs can be selective, but we would be open to discussing it! If you are interested or want more information, feel free to privately message me on here and we can connect on fb too.

Last edited:
Not sure if people are interested but the Hill's Global Symposium is free next Monday (4/20) and Tuesday. You can sign up at Hill's Global Symposium 2020. I'm probably only going to listen in on a few speakers :)

Hey guys :) I know things are kind of bonkers right now, but I'm officially looking for at least one roommate (maybe two?) for next year at my 3 bed, 3 bath apartment at the Village at Colbert Park. I do have a cat-friendly cat who does not like dogs, but she adjusts well and will ignore them if they ignore her.

I think I posted a general rundown about the Village a few pages back, but if anyone has any questions or was hoping to live at the Village next year, feel free to shoot me questions here or via PM.

I feel so dumb but I lost the letter I received from the college. I know it said we need to send the deposit to accept the seat, but I am not sure how to decline the offer. Any idea?

I feel so dumb but I lost the letter I received from the college. I know it said we need to send the deposit to accept the seat, but I am not sure how to decline the offer. Any idea?

Just email ASA saying you're declining thenoffer

How do we know u of I got the deposit did they email or send a letter or anything or just deposit the check?

Idk man it was 2020’s president who made ours and our president def made 2023’s:laugh:

I see what you're saying! Yeah, Andrew "made" yours, but Susan was on there to make sure the correct people were added.

Hi Everybody! My name is Jason, I'm the first year (2023) class president! I have made an unofficial facebook group for you guys to join and talk with each other, moderated by myself, the SAVMA President, and the SAVMA President-Elect. Link is here

• Love
Hi Everybody! My name is Jason, I'm the first year (2023) class president! I have made an unofficial facebook group for you guys to join and talk with each other, moderated by myself, the SAVMA President, and the SAVMA President-Elect. Link is here

You're name is on point

• Haha