U of Illinois c/o 2024 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question about the SAVMA order. Would it be worth to buy more than one quantity for some of the items such as thermometer?

If you want to be super prepared just in case you lose it or it stops working, sure. The vast majority of that stuff you'll only use during clinical quarters. The WMC has it's own stuff (if you're planning on doing that). Otherwise, the only time I used that outside of clinics was for equine emergency team and junior surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how classes are going to work this fall? Is it online or in person or a combo?

If you haven't heard from ASA yet, then there's no news at this point. Main campus hasn't decided on what we're going to do yet judging from the last main campus email I got. So we're at the point of wait and see, unfortunately. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a recent article floating around current students about how the VDL is going to be a testing site for testing everyone before school and throughout the year through the use of an app. So that sounds promising.

However, the school cant reopen dornin person unless Illinois is in phase 4, the earliest it can get there is June 26. :/

We have a plan!!! 602 is you guys :)

A344CDC5-A41D-4139-A73E-AB924B53CB51.png

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hope you guys are still looking at this! Do we have to get over the shoe boots? I know it recommends them but I can't find any that aren't huge even over my shoes, they all seem to be made for men. Would it be extremely inconvenient to get normal boots and swap my shoes out?

Reactions: 1 user
Hope you guys are still looking at this! Do we have to get over the shoe boots? I know it recommends them but I can't find any that aren't huge even over my shoes, they all seem to be made for men. Would it be extremely inconvenient to get normal boots and swap my shoes out?

I did this and it is vaguely a hassel, tbh. I wish I had bought over the shoe boots. Remember that you'll also be wearing coveralls while wearing these. So if the calf is problem, it definitely wont be when you're wearing your coveralls. You can also always go down a size.

I did this and it is vaguely a hassel, tbh. I wish I had bought over the shoe boots. Remember that you'll also be wearing coveralls while wearing these. So if the calf is problem, it definitely wont be when you're wearing your coveralls. You can also always go down a size.
Agreed. I forgot my boots at home this past year and had to buy some over the shoe ones from the free and for sale page for like $10 and they’re so much more convenient. Not even bringing my other boots back with me for third year/clinics

hi everyone! I’m looking to buy a parking permit and was wondering which lot you guys think I would be better off selecting. F23 on Florida and Lincoln or f30 the side street parking right off of the main building

hi everyone! I’m looking to buy a parking permit and was wondering which lot you guys think I would be better off selecting. F23 on Florida and Lincoln or f30 the side street parking right off of the main building

Walking from F23 during the winter or when you're on rotations will suck. Do not recommend

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This being said: Many first years will have F23 parking. It's pretty par for the course. But I agree, F30 is probably a preferable choice if it's available.

Really? I thought most 1st years got the F30, then move into the large lot the next summer?

Jk I just looked at the parking map and totally got my numbers mixed up. I was thinking F30 was Hazelwood.... will edit my post

I was thinking that Lincoln parking was F27 and F23 is the big lot by the Lincoln/Florida intersection

F23 is correct. F30 is parking on Lincoln, F32 is the lot by japan house, f27 is the big lot, and F24 is Hazelwood.

They should label the parking as vet med 1 through whatever

Thank you everyone! I got it for f30 :D
And yes ! Parking permits are available now. I had to call them since it wouldn’t let me create my student account, but they made it for me super easily.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how orientation is going to be handled bc of covid? Are we still having it? I know what Dr. Foreman has emailed about the blue coat ceremony being cancelled but not much has been said about orientation. Just trying to plan my moving dates

Does anyone know how orientation is going to be handled bc of covid? Are we still having it? I know what Dr. Foreman has emailed about the blue coat ceremony being cancelled but not much has been said about orientation. Just trying to plan my moving dates

Are a part of the Facebook page? The 2023 president and our Sr. SAVMA delegate have been communicating about it there

Are a part of the Facebook page? The 2023 president and our Sr. SAVMA delegate have been communicating about it there

Yes I’m a part of the unofficial one, the official one hasn’t been made yet right? And I’ve only seen the stuff about the virtual iVLE, but nothing specific to orientation yet!

Yes I’m a part of the unofficial one, the official one hasn’t been made yet right? And I’ve only seen the stuff about the virtual iVLE, but nothing specific to orientation yet!

You're in the "official/public" one started by the 2023 class prez. Once yall have a 2024 prez, yall will probably have an "unofficial/private" one. So the private one is a ways off.

As far as orientation then, I would hold off on changing plans. I know yall will be in person to start, so you'll want to be here the week before regardless to get your student IDs (main campus and vet med)/finish or start your rabies/etc. I imagine Dr. Foreman will send you info here soon! 4th years just got back into the VTH, so they may be handling that right now

I just made a GroupMe for our class for anyone interested!

You're invited to my new group 'UIUC Vet Med C/O 2024' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe