UC Davis c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And in 18 weeks, 2 days, 19 hours, and 11 minutes you will be starting down the countdown to your first break:p

I already have the academic calendar holiday days marked on my calendar. Very sad indeed. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone going to Pharm night that they just posted on the facebook page? I *could* go, so I'm considering it.....but of course (like I'm back in middle school) I have to see who else is going *first*. LOL. I already e-mailed the person that posted the annoucement and it doesn't sound like some horrible scary mixer excuse!

I'm planing on going. :)

SOV- you're giving me a whole minute before starting the countdown? I'm giving myself 30 seconds. Lol

I'm planing on going. :)

SOV- you're giving me a whole minute before starting the countdown? I'm giving myself 30 seconds. Lol

It really depends on the individual.

For me, I had a "holy ****" moment around the start of week 2 when I realized we were done with the front limb and starting the hind limb of the dog. I was like "whoa nelly, I'm still trying to find where to buy groceries... am I supposed to know this already?"

Members don't see this ad :)
After frantically e-mailing a friend back and forth I've decided to put on my big girl panties and show up. :) Aakkk! What am I? In high school again? Stupid to feel this jittery! :p LOL.

We're going to vet school!!!!!!!

:highfive:

Having a hard time keeping the excitement in today!

:love:

I'm in the mood to head out and have some fun and work off some of the excitement but "everyone" is busy - so you guys are just going to have to deal with my enthusiasm. :p

I'm in the mood to head out and have some fun and work off some of the excitement but "everyone" is busy - so you guys are just going to have to deal with my enthusiasm. :p

Keep it coming! I totally share you enthusiasm! :D

Hi to all of you,
I've been lurking on SDN, and especially on the UC Davis thread for quite awhile. Thanks to all of you for all the useful, and often amusing posts. Now that most of the dust has settled for the class of 2015, I just want to say hello to everyone, and tell you all how happy I am to be a brand new member of the UC Davis class of 2015. I'm a somewhat atypical class member, being OOS and male. I'll be moving to Davis July 1, and am really looking forward to meeting you all. :)

Hi Lurker -- I mean Roivas! Welcome! :) Good luck with the move. Where are you from? I'm going crazy thinking about moving, myself, and I'm only moving in-state!

Hi Lurker -- I mean Roivas! Welcome! :) Good luck with the move. Where are you from? I'm going crazy thinking about moving, myself, and I'm only moving in-state!

I'm not really very far away, just 30 minutes drive north of the California border, in Ashland, OR. They should just give me in-state tuition, for being so close :D

Welcome! :)

your name is "savior" spelled backwards. I'm guessing you knew that, tho.
Just bored at home and stating the obvious.
:laugh:

edit:
FOR THE HORDE!!!

erm. sorry guys...couldn't think of anything better.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Epic 500th post, deb. :D

DANGIT. Maybe I need to go back and say something more awesome.

hmm...perhaps a state of the union address?

EDIT:
ah. I fixed it.

Last edited:
500 posts?! Congratulations! BTW, does anyone know if we can exchange a lab coat that turns out too large? (apologies if this has already been covered)

500 posts?! Congratulations! BTW, does anyone know if we can exchange a lab coat that turns out too large? (apologies if this has already been covered)

I'd say the coats run large, especially for the girls since they are in men's sizes. Contact Kim O'Bryan about it and see what she says (maybe she can change your order, if it isn't too late) . . . If it is too large, you might be able to trade with a friend if someone's is fitting too tightly. If all else fails, you can just use that coat in lab and get it all gross and dirty - and eventually you won't care how it fits. We all look like blue or white blobs in lab anyway :)

Does anyone know much about the alternate list? How great are the chances of getting picked off of that? Do people often decline acceptance to UC Davis? Are there ways to better your chances of getting picked off of the list (i.e. appealing to the admissions committee, having someone write another recommendation for me...)?

I just found out that I have put on the alternate list and I'm feeling a little like I'm on a roller coaster hanging out in limbo of the admissions process.

Any info helps!

Sorry for the late post! But PM me if you still have questions. You need to call the office (if you haven't yet) to figure out what position you are on the waitlist. And then you can kinda figure out your chances. There really is no way to move up and down since the list is ranked already. Just make sure to finish up any existing pre-reqs and send admissions your transcript showing that they are completed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!! =)

I'd say the coats run large, especially for the girls since they are in men's sizes. Contact Kim O'Bryan about it and see what she says (maybe she can change your order, if it isn't too late) . . . If it is too large, you might be able to trade with a friend if someone's is fitting too tightly. If all else fails, you can just use that coat in lab and get it all gross and dirty - and eventually you won't care how it fits. We all look like blue or white blobs in lab anyway :)

Do we have to wear lab coats in lab if we're already wearing scrubs?

The address change form on the website isn't working! Has anyone else tried? I would post on the facebook page, but I can't access it from work.

The address change form on the website isn't working! Has anyone else tried? I would post on the facebook page, but I can't access it from work.

It comes up fine when I access it on my computer. Is it not showing up at all or just going to a weird page when you hit submit?

It won't submit because the e-mail address is wrong. There's some extra characters at the end (I'm getting a bounce back message in my e-mail and can see the e-mail).

OMG i got into Davis off the waitlist!!!!!!

I was number 6 and I called admissions today and they transferred me to Kim
:highfive::claps::laugh:

YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :) :) :)

What a GREAT DAY! Welcome to the class! :)

Congrats, Moxylove!

There's a whole bunch of house-hunting and people-meeting-people going on in the FB group. Come join us & say hi!

Awesome!!!! Thanks so much guys!!!! I really can't wait omg the stress was unbelievable but now I can finally relax haha. I was either staying in CA or going to Indiana. Yay class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!:):):):)

It's so exciting that we're going to all be classmates.

:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I may be going overboard with my happiness but it just seems so unreal that I just want to talk about it over and over until I believe it. I give you all permission to remind me of this when I'm walking out of my first exam wanting to shoot myself. ;)

OMG i got into Davis off the waitlist!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe anything is real...have to look at the acceptance letter on my desk to keep reminding myself that this really is happening :oops: ...Congrats to everyone!!!!!

It had better be real, cuz I just bought a house in Davis!!

Oh wow - congratulations on your purchase! :highfive: We've got an offer accepted, but it'd be a short sale, so if we haven't heard from the seller's lender pretty soon we'll have to go back and find House Plan B.

Hi everybody!

Congrats on those who have been accepted!! I haven't been very active on SDN this year, but I wanted to let you guys know if you are in town this friday or within driving distance, you should definitely come to our pharm night event! Not only will there be vendors handing out free stuff, but we will have a photo op area set up where you can get awesome professional portraits taken in in your white coat, or with your friends and family, etc. There will be no charge to have your photo taken (as many times as you want!!) and afterwards we will post the images and you can buy the digital copies that you like. The price point hasn't been decided yet, but will probably be $1-3 dollars per high resolution file, which is a killer deal.

Trust me, these photos are going to be sweet!! Even if you think you are not photogenic, you will have amazing photos. The lens we will be using is made of special glass, it has magical properties it will make you look awesome.

Hope to see you guys there! :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe anything is real...have to look at the acceptance letter on my desk to keep reminding myself that this really is happening :oops: ...Congrats to everyone!!!!!

Congrats, foal love, Armerlin, Moxylove! So happy for you! :highfive::soexcited:

Congrats on getting in Moxylove and all the houses for the rest of you! That's impressive, I'm afraid with my plans I may be renting for the rest of my life, but ehh I'll be finally on track to doing what I love and want with my life :D

Congrats on getting in Moxylove and all the houses for the rest of you! That's impressive, I'm afraid with my plans I may be renting for the rest of my life, but ehh I'll be finally on track to doing what I love and want with my life :D

I know how you feel! I will be renting for at LEAST the next 4 years....and probably the next 10. yuck.

I just got accepted from the waitlist! woohoo!
I wonder why so many people turn it down?
Is it because of the new curriculum?

What is everyone's thought about the new curriculum? I'm sure they went a long way planning it, but i'm just a bit worried if it's going to be unorganized and stuff...

congrats! Welcome! :)

It might be the new curriculum - no way to tell! :)

As for next year, I think we are all nervous on some level. It's hard knowing that we'll be guinea pigs for the next four years. I just keep reminding myself that UCD knows how to train vets but I'm nervous that it will feel disorganized and that we'll be frustrated a lot. Only time will tell! :xf:

We are still "going a long way" planning it. ;)

This wasn't a process where it was like "HEY GUYS LETS HAVE A NEW CURRICULUM" *copies stuff from Western and plugs some stuff in, is done*............

Hey, are you the girl who spoke to us during the interview workshop? And that you are on the committee?

So, when will we start our hands on practice? year 3?

You guys will be in the VMTH working with 4th years during your first and second years - every 3rd Thursday your first year and every 3rd Wednesday your second year. That's in addition to the animal handling and restraint and exam laboratories.

edit: You'll also start in clinics earlier

AWESOME! Not that I want to shirk any other part of the curriculum, but I do want to get all the clinical skills experience I can possibly get. (Does everyone have an area they're nervous/insecure about? This is mine.)