UC Davis c/o 2024 (hopefully)

Started by Nmakowsk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My anticipatory anxiety is starting to kick into high gear 😳
ahahah same, I've been trying to exercise to burn off nervous energy and trying to think positively before I go to sleep so I don't stay up all night obsessing! I've even had a couple Davis dreams, and in one I got accepted and I was so happy but my brain was all, "hold up this is a dream and not real", and ended it XD
 
I managed to breeze through the rest of December without even thinking about this and now I feel like each day is lasting forever haha. Does anyone know if we should be expecting emails or phone calls? I saw someone mentioning phone calls in a previous thread but I'm not too sure.
 
I managed to breeze through the rest of December without even thinking about this and now I feel like each day is lasting forever haha. Does anyone know if we should be expecting emails or phone calls? I saw someone mentioning phone calls in a previous thread but I'm not too sure.
If you're outright accepted you'll receive a phone call from one of the student volunteers. Some might miss the call but that's ok you'll get the email notification to check your portal with the acceptance. If you're wait-listed you'll still have a good chance of getting accepted but it depends on the year. Good luck to everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard any inside info about when they'll possibly be calling? mainly kidding. kinda not. lol.

on a more serious note, i wish everyone the best these next couple of weeks/months. i know they'll be full of anticipation and business! don't know if you needed to hear this today, but: YOU GOT THIS! 🙂
 
Is there a reason everyone seems to feel that we will find out this week?
No specific reason besides looking @ previous years ( i think ) -- the c/o 2023 heard back by Jan 9th, but the c/o 2022 heard back by Jan 16th. Soo, it seems like it could be anytime within the next 2 weeks hopefully 🙂
 
It should be a 530- number! That's the Davis code, at least. I guess if students call from their personal lines, it might be a private number or a different code, but really unlikely to be a 1-800 number.
 
Nice try, but we don't have a date yet. Even if we did we can't tell you 😛 I know it's hard but you'll have to be patient!

Would you be willing to let us know when there is a date set? Not the date itself, but when it has been decided? I understand if not, but I'm grasping at straws here! Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been silently stalking this thread for awhile and finally made an account to comment.
I was really hoping today would be the day 🙁
Does anyone know how many interviewees Davis rejects outright rather than waitlisting? I’m so anxious!
 
I’ve been silently stalking this thread for awhile and finally made an account to comment.
I was really hoping today would be the day 🙁
Does anyone know how many interviewees Davis rejects outright rather than waitlisting? I’m so anxious!
It depends on the year honestly, last year we ran through the whole wait list! That means they'll make some adjustments for sure.
 
Hey I don't know anymore than you do!

Haha yes yes. But I also agree that if they give you guys a 2 day period or however long to call it’s probably not Friday/Saturday 😛

Do they literally tell you minutes/hours before you’re expected to call? (Just out of curiosity)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to everyone [emoji4]
DSC00357.JPG

This is my Murphy! He says “you guys got this!”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The past few years calls went out on a Friday, so I'd try to put off stressing about it for a couple more days. Could be different this year though.
 
Last edited: