UC Davis c/o 2024 (hopefully)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My anticipatory anxiety is starting to kick into high gear :oops:
ahahah same, I've been trying to exercise to burn off nervous energy and trying to think positively before I go to sleep so I don't stay up all night obsessing! I've even had a couple Davis dreams, and in one I got accepted and I was so happy but my brain was all, "hold up this is a dream and not real", and ended it XD

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I managed to breeze through the rest of December without even thinking about this and now I feel like each day is lasting forever haha. Does anyone know if we should be expecting emails or phone calls? I saw someone mentioning phone calls in a previous thread but I'm not too sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I managed to breeze through the rest of December without even thinking about this and now I feel like each day is lasting forever haha. Does anyone know if we should be expecting emails or phone calls? I saw someone mentioning phone calls in a previous thread but I'm not too sure.
If you're outright accepted you'll receive a phone call from one of the student volunteers. Some might miss the call but that's ok you'll get the email notification to check your portal with the acceptance. If you're wait-listed you'll still have a good chance of getting accepted but it depends on the year. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard any inside info about when they'll possibly be calling? mainly kidding. kinda not. lol.

on a more serious note, i wish everyone the best these next couple of weeks/months. i know they'll be full of anticipation and business! don't know if you needed to hear this today, but: YOU GOT THIS! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping we hear back this week!!!! The anticipation is building at a rapid rate. :clap::whistle:

Is there a reason everyone seems to feel that we will find out this week?

Is there a reason everyone seems to feel that we will find out this week?
No specific reason besides looking @ previous years ( i think ) -- the c/o 2023 heard back by Jan 9th, but the c/o 2022 heard back by Jan 16th. Soo, it seems like it could be anytime within the next 2 weeks hopefully :)

I would think some of the current students would know what day we will hear because they would have been asked to volunteer to make acceptance phone calls by now? :)

I would think some of the current students would know what day we will hear because they would have been asked to volunteer to make acceptance phone calls by now? :)
Nice try, but we don't have a date yet. Even if we did we can't tell you :p I know it's hard but you'll have to be patient!

Just got a call from a 1-800 number. Nearly passed out.

Do we know if it’s a 1800 number?? Or a Davis number? OR unknown? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be a 530- number! That's the Davis code, at least. I guess if students call from their personal lines, it might be a private number or a different code, but really unlikely to be a 1-800 number.

It should be a 530- number! That's the Davis code, at least. I guess if students call from their personal lines, it might be a private number or a different code, but really unlikely to be a 1-800 number.
Nah, we call from a school phone, so 530- number indeed.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice try, but we don't have a date yet. Even if we did we can't tell you :p I know it's hard but you'll have to be patient!

Would you be willing to let us know when there is a date set? Not the date itself, but when it has been decided? I understand if not, but I'm grasping at straws here! Thanks!

Would you be willing to let us know when there is a date set? Not the date itself, but when it has been decided? I understand if not, but I'm grasping at straws here! Thanks!
I'm also checking this every day lol.

I think when we know you'll know. Don't worry hopefully not too much longer of a wait!

• Hmm
does anyone know the time frame that they call? like anytime or usually in morning / afternoon?

I’ve been silently stalking this thread for awhile and finally made an account to comment.
I was really hoping today would be the day :(
Does anyone know how many interviewees Davis rejects outright rather than waitlisting? I’m so anxious!

I’ve been silently stalking this thread for awhile and finally made an account to comment.
I was really hoping today would be the day :(
Does anyone know how many interviewees Davis rejects outright rather than waitlisting? I’m so anxious!
It depends on the year honestly, last year we ran through the whole wait list! That means they'll make some adjustments for sure.

Is anyone else getting a mini heart attack when your phone rings. :scared:

Reactions: 10 users
I bet it won't be today because they likely wouldn't release decisions via the portal on a Saturday

Hey I don't know anymore than you do!

Haha yes yes. But I also agree that if they give you guys a 2 day period or however long to call it’s probably not Friday/Saturday :p

Do they literally tell you minutes/hours before you’re expected to call? (Just out of curiosity)

Haha yes yes. But I also agree that if they give you guys a 2 day period or however long to call it’s probably not Friday/Saturday :p

Do they literally tell you minutes/hours before you’re expected to call? (Just out of curiosity)
It's different every year. You'll hear before the end of January.

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck to everyone
DSC00357.JPG

This is my Murphy! He says “you guys got this!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
B906E624-A1B9-4B51-9AFE-5A00284BFEB4.jpeg

Coco is less invested in our success but she’s very happy to keep me company during this stressful time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Tomorrow seems like a good day, right? RIGHT?! *eye twitch*

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Fingers crossed for news this week! Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Had a wrong number 530 call at 8am and promptly lost half my life XD

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I can’t help thinking if none of us have heard by now today’s not the day :(

One year (maybe 2 yrs ago?) they started calls later in the day. So, it's not over until maybe 5-6 pm PST!

Maybe they wait until after business hours? It is students calling, isn't it? Gotta stay positive!

Good luck to everyone! Be patient, and may the odds be every in your favor

DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS?! (Please Coop, throw us a bone. A tiny tiny bone!)

• Haha
I’ve taken to exercising. I hate running but I hate stressing even more. Gonna be able to run a marathon by the time this wait is over I think!

The past few years calls went out on a Friday, so I'd try to put off stressing about it for a couple more days. Could be different this year though.

Last edited: