Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Portals should update soon for everyone, accepted wait-listed or rejected. Congrats to everyone that got calls! To those who haven't received a call try not to worry! A wait list is still a great spot to be. Plus you might've just missed the call or auto-rejected it for spam. Good luck!
They’re all done calling right?

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
About the Ads

melizabeth18

c/o 2024
Sep 26, 2018
California
IS accepted second time applicant!!!! I got the call 40 minutes ago I just couldn’t stop shaking until now to post. I’m so so so excited. Can’t wait to meet everyone in the fall!!
Woohoo!! So happy for all of us 2nd timers :) Also 100% blacked out after "you've been accepted" and don't remember anything else the girl said to me and could barely even think of words to say haha

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Wait did everyone who was accepted get a phone call tonight or will there be more tomorrow?
There were a lot of people who did not pick up or their phones auto-rejected. I don't believe any more phone calls are going out. You'll know for sure what's up when they update your portal

Reactions: justwannabeavet
Jul 24, 2019
Is there an accepted students day to visit the school again? Is the date set?
I am wondering the same thing. When I went for my interview I couldn't stay for any of the other stuff. I tried to schedule a tour over the summer but A) They never responded to multiple voicemails/emails, and B) The tour seems to be of the hospital and not of the SCHOOL. I have been interviewed and/or accepted at other schools and they have all given us tours that gave us a good idea of what the school is like. I am trying to find out what Davis is like to attend.

Lucy410

Davis c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Such an amazing feeling! I'll always remember where I was when I got the call. :) If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them, if Coopah hasn't already covered it. I'm a nontraditional student, and I see a few fellow nontrads were accepted, so let me know if you want to chat. Or I'll see you over in the Class of 2024 Facebook group - it looks like it was just created tonight by c/o 2023 so you'll get the link to join sent to you soon.

About the Ads

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
I am wondering the same thing. When I went for my interview I couldn't stay for any of the other stuff. I tried to schedule a tour over the summer but A) They never responded to multiple voicemails/emails, and B) The tour seems to be of the hospital and not of the SCHOOL. I have been interviewed and/or accepted at other schools and they have all given us tours that gave us a good idea of what the school is like. I am trying to find out what Davis is like to attend.
Well if you take a tour of the hospital you're more than welcome to look at the school as well! Your tour guide will answer any and all questions about the school and so will I for that matter.

Oct 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Well if you take a tour of the hospital you're more than welcome to look at the school as well! Your tour guide will answer any and all questions about the school and so will I for that matter.
So just to confirm, no official accepted students day I need to be planning for?

embingham

UC Davis c/o 2023
Oct 27, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
So just to confirm, no official accepted students day I need to be planning for?
Hi! I’m a current first year and we do not have an official ‘accepted students day’ (at least we didn’t last year). However, if you are to join the class of 2024, the first two weeks of school are prologue weeks where you get really familiar with the school and facilities!

I REALLY have loved my time at Davis so far and I’m also a student tour guide so if you have any questions feel free to message me!

Wakukee

UCD c/o 2020
2+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
Congrats! I got to meet some of you at interviews, sad because I realized than unless, something really weird happens, I'll be done before I can meet anyone officially!

Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Is the portal supposed to update today or tomorrow? I know they said by Wednesday so I’m guessing they meant end of day Wednesday?

Reactions: D&Clvr

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Is the portal supposed to update today or tomorrow? I know they said by Wednesday so I’m guessing they meant end of day Wednesday?
By Wednesday the latest I'm also assuming they meant end of day Wednesday but hopefully they'll get something out today.

About the Ads

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Portals are updated now. Waitlisted at #26 >.>
Portal is updated!! I’m waitlisted and so happy, keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
Also Coopah thanks for all the help and encouragement during this stressful time :D
Congrats you two! That's actually a pretty decent spot to be in! Good luck!

Reactions: Alliebird

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Mine just updated!!! I've been so paranoid that they called me by accident or that I was hallucinating. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember my year I got a call from Kansas State a little early and I was so excited! Then someone asked me if I was sure it was real because the dean got hacked or something. It was real but oh man the paranoia :laugh:

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Oh wow I had no idea, I didn't mean it in a complaining way, I was just confused! Thanks for helping us through all this and being so patient!
No worries that's what I'm here for!

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
About the Ads

Doctor-S

Grand Rounds
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2016
Congratulations to all of the SDNers who have been accepted to UC Davis SVM Class of 2024!

You're gonna be veterinarians!!!!

Really ... seriously ... you're gonna be DOCTORS - well done!

Hope everyone has the chance to meet Coopah after you begin VM1. She is amazing, smart, friendly ... and a wickedly clever WW player.

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Congratulations to all of the SDNers who have been accepted to UC Davis SVM Class of 2024!

You're gonna be veterinarians!!!!

Really ... seriously ... you're gonna be DOCTORS - well done!

Hope everyone has the chance to meet Coopah after you begin VM1. She is amazing, smart, friendly ... and a wickedly clever WW player.
:laugh: thanks Doc S.

To those who don't know Doc S is our human medical SDNer who occasionally pops over to the pre-vet side. She is extremely kind and encouraging to all SDNers. We love her fiercely :love:

Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Veterinary
@Coopah - How early do people start to look for housing? I took a look at a few apartment complexes in the area and they are already taking reservations for fall 2020 leases!
I can't promise it's the same for vet students, but as an undergrad we looked SO early. I would definitely start asking around as soon as you're in the facebook group and/or sure you're going to Davis. I'd also stay away from apartment complexes when possible because a lot of them have horrible management, but I'm sure some of them are fine!
You and anyone else can feel free to ask me any questions about Davis as a city, I just can't speak to the vet school other than as an employee cuddling foals in the large animal NICU :love:

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
@Coopah - How early do people start to look for housing? I took a look at a few apartment complexes in the area and they are already taking reservations for fall 2020 leases!
So yeah Davis has a crazy low occupancy rate! Don't worry about it though. A lot of vet students rent houses with each other and the best housing will be the housing spreadsheet they post on the Facebook page. You'll have plenty of time. It's especially nice for oos people because they'll be willing to video tour. They'll be lots of openings later. Don't fret!

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
I’m not able to access the Facebook page through the portal link, would the presidents still be working on adding everyone in?
Indeed! It'll take a bit, but don't worry everyone will be added soon enough! (Pretty sure you have to request first though, but you probably did)

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I’m guessing the waitlist tends to start moving in April when people are forced to make decisions? I’ve been obsessively checking the portal to see if my position has changed and I need to stop so I can be a productive person again :1ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: D&Clvr

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
I’m guessing the waitlist tends to start moving in April when people are forced to make decisions? I’ve been obsessively checking the portal to see if my position has changed and I need to stop so I can be a productive person again :1ROFLMAO:
Yes the vast majority of movement is going to happen in late April. People have to figure out if they get in other places, decide where to go, then the administration has to receive the notification and update the portal. It's not a fast process. Hopefully you'll hear sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't worry about it for a while. Have you applied anywhere else?

Reactions: Alliebird
Jan 8, 2020
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Yes the vast majority of movement is going to happen in late April. People have to figure out if they get in other places, decide where to go, then the administration has to receive the notification and update the portal. It's not a fast process. Hopefully you'll hear sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't worry about it for a while. Have you applied anywhere else?
Yep, I’m on the waitlist at Cornell as well, and I have an interview at Minnesota. Still waiting to hear from Georgia. Davis is my first choice though. Knowing it won’t move much til April will help me relax a bit. I might be able to get myself to check the status once a week or so instead of several times a day lol.

Reactions: Coopah

Coopah

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2014
Status
Veterinary Student
Yep, I’m on the waitlist at Cornell as well, and I have an interview at Minnesota. Still waiting to hear from Georgia. Davis is my first choice though. Knowing it won’t move much til April will help me relax a bit. I might be able to get myself to check the status once a week or so instead of several times a day lol.
Excellent! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the process!

Dec 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
aw! that sucks :( what number are you on waitlist?

About the Ads