-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UMDNJ-SOM Discussion Thread 2012 -2013
Started by JamesLMT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
is philly intl airport the closest to this school? flying in from oos
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can you please elaborate a bit about this? thanks 🙂
Yes you are considered IS after the first year.
is philly intl airport the closest to this school? flying in from oos
Yes it is.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
.
Last edited:
So what are your plans? Keep waiting off the waitlist or just go with another school?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
I'm waiting to hear back from other schools I've interviewed with... UMDNJ is not my first choice
I need to know who goes to UW med school.. need some advice and help.
Yeah.me neither but its a tough choice to make between waiting for a spot here or just deciding to go to ccom.
p.s. anyone recently get in touch with Merisole regarding the wait list?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm pretty sure I was told that you only have to pay the OOS tuition for the first year, assuming you move to NJ and establish residency. Can anyone else confirm this?
Yea pretty much. You have to be a resident for one year then you pay instate.
is philly intl airport the closest to this school? flying in from oos
This is correct. If renting a car make sure to have toll money to get back. $5 to be exact.
how much extra is it to rent a car if ur <25 yrs old?
This is correct. If renting a car make sure to have toll money to get back. $5 to be exact.
But they do have change lane
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a warning call from the school this morning. Apparently my interviewer is also traveling from North Jersey so they do not even know if the interview will even happen...kinda leaning towards rescheduling now
I'd reschedule to be safe. Whether or not this storm is as bad as they predict, a state emergency was declared yesterday. I believe after 10pm tonight only essential personnel (lucky me) will be permitted to travel. They closed all state offices tomorrow...
Just got back from my interview this morning - very happy with how it went and hopefully I'll be hearing some good news on November 16th. I'm hoping in-state works out to my benefit. Good luck to everyone who was waitlisted - as others have mentioned, there is usually a lot of movement on that list.
So the committee meets on the 16th?
Call 856-566-6187. It says UMDNJ Stratford campus is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
Just got the email about cancellation from the school. My flight was (obviously) cancelled this morning so I tried to call the school but they did not respond...I guess I can't do much until Wednesday.
Waitlisted via snail mail on Friday. Interviewed late September, OOS.
It looks like they are waitlisting everyone
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
I sent in my secondary about 3 weeks ago. They still haven't taken money from my account. Do you guys know how long it usually takes for them to cash the check and give a complete status?
Congratulations to those who got accepted and good luck for those who are waiting to hear from school.
did you guys receive your acceptance package yet?
Thanks 👍👍
did you guys receive your acceptance package yet?
Thanks 👍👍
Last edited:
what is alternate list? Is it wait list letter or something like that?
Y es
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
I see. Good luck, and thanks for reply.
Hi guys,
I'm interviewing at UMDNJ next week! Anyone else out there going to be there too? If there are any 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd yr students browsing this thread, please contact me! 🙂 I'd like to get more insight on the school and professors, what do you love, not love? etc. Thanks!
Excited but very nervous!
I'm interviewing at UMDNJ next week! Anyone else out there going to be there too? If there are any 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd yr students browsing this thread, please contact me! 🙂 I'd like to get more insight on the school and professors, what do you love, not love? etc. Thanks!
Excited but very nervous!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent in my secondary about 3 weeks ago. They still haven't taken money from my account. Do you guys know how long it usually takes for them to cash the check and give a complete status?
I received my secondary on July 9th, sent it back within a week or two (sorry, I can't remember exact day), and received an email that my app was complete on Aug 9th. Pretty quick turn around but they might be busier now??
Hey everyone I am interviewing tomorrow and extremely excited! Does anyone have some interview tips? What kind of questions do they ask? Please let me know. THank you!!!
I would check out the interview section of this forum. For me specifically, it was very very conversational. Expect the regular questions like why UMDNJ, why DO, why medicine. They will focus on your own application so get to know that very well. Aside from that, just be yourself and it will feel like a conversation. Goodluck!
I received my secondary on July 9th, sent it back within a week or two (sorry, I can't remember exact day), and received an email that my app was complete on Aug 9th. Pretty quick turn around but they might be busier now??
Thanks for the response Stay with it. I actually just got the complete email.
If anyone was wondering, secondaries/letters/check sent around beginning of October, complete beginning of November.
Gluck everyone and hope you guys are doing ok on the east coast.
I will be there next Friday afternoon around 2-3 pmish. Whens your interview? I am going straight into the interview since I am already familiar with the school, so tour/lunch is not required.
the interview is very laxed and supportive, they just want to get a picture of who you are and presents it to the committee.
Nice! I'll be there Thursday morning...Congrats on your interview and good luck! Thanks for the info. 🙂
Nice! I'll be there Thursday morning...Congrats on your interview and good luck! Thanks for the info. 🙂
Thanks. You too. 👍
Received acceptance packet today; accepted October 19th
👍Received acceptance packet today; accepted October 19th
Same here!!
Last edited:
👍
Same here!! Accepted on 19th Oct. Congratulations 🙂
Hey Neuro! What were your stats/ECs if you don't mind me asking?
does anyone kno if this school does silent rejections?
Hey! No, this school does not. If you get interview, you will either be accepted or wait listed. If you don't get an interview, they hold your application until the end of the cycle and then would send you a letter of regret.. So, if you have changes to your app like grades or new MCAT scores, I encourage you to send them in!
Hope that helps. Good luck!
Do we receive any confirmation email/call once they get deposit and background check form?
Last edited:
I got a letter about two weeks after mailing in my deposit etc containing my university identification number and pin number. I think that's as a much of a confirmation that you'll get.Do we receive any confirmation email/call once they get deposit and background check form?
I got a letter about two weeks after mailing in my deposit etc containing my university identification number and pin number. I think that's as a much of a confirmation that you'll get.
Thanks.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received a wait list letter & they couldn't manage to spell my name correctly. Thank god I was accepted to better schools.
I haven't really been following this thread since I just turned in my secondary a couple of weeks ago. I just called them. The lady on the phone was very kind. She managed to get my file complete (got LORs from interfolio). She said that my file can get reviewed anytime during the next month. She told me their interview season goes all the way to May. She also told me their incoming class is about 25% full.
Hopefully I posted some new information regarding this school.
Hopefully I posted some new information regarding this school.
Should we be expecting calls this friday if we got in?
LOL I'll be interviewing at another school 8-4 on Friday, so I'll definitely miss the UMDNJ call if I did get in. Hopefully I'll have an awesome voice mail at least when I turn my phone back on...It will be hell waiting for the phone to boot up though!
LOL I'll be interviewing at another school 8-4 on Friday, so I'll definitely miss the UMDNJ call if I did get in. Hopefully I'll have an awesome voice mail at least when I turn my phone back on...It will be hell waiting for the phone to boot up though!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K