University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email that asked if i wanted to remain on the wait list this morning.. anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, me too, then 2 hours later I got accepted, so my advice would be to NOT reply to it, as it says.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, so it sounds like there will be a lot of waitlist movement in the coming weeks. I wish you luck, and maybe I'll see you next year.

Yeah, so it sounds like there will be a lot of waitlist movement in the coming weeks. I wish you luck, and maybe I'll see you next year.
wow congratulations... Really hoping for that call today! and yes, wish you the best

Hey guys! I'll be withdrawing my seat to UNECOM. It is such a great school and has so much to offer. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

I received it on 4/28 after I emailed them regarding my status because I haven't heard anything since my application was submitted.

I received it on 4/28 after I emailed them regarding my status because I haven't heard anything since my application was submitted.

Hi. Are there any current UNECOM students on here, or does anyone know how to find any current students? I had some questions about finding housing. I was hoping to get some input

Got my acceptance letter this afternoon!!!!! Wait listed 2/1.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to you two! Did you both get phone calls or just letters?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that this year could be different, but last year I was accepted by email. In case it helps - I believe that over half of my class (I am a current first year) came from the wait list.

Is there an accepted students Facebook page? How do I find it? Thanks

has anyone heard anything from the wait list yet?? just wondering what the timeline is like.

I was just accepted from the waitlist via email, but will be declining the offer. So there has been movement!

Applying here this cycle. Does anyone know if taking a gap year after college is considered a gap in education (on Question #2 of their secondary)?

Applying here this cycle. Does anyone know if taking a gap year after college is considered a gap in education (on Question #2 of their secondary)?

A gap in education is more like...did you voluntarily or involuntarily take time off during your degree program for some personal or academic reason. Time taken after you've received your degree is not a gap year by application standards.

A gap in education is more like...did you voluntarily or involuntarily take time off during your degree program for some personal or academic reason. Time taken after you've received your degree is not a gap year by application standards.

Makes sense. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How friendly or not friendly to OOS applicants is UNECOM? My Dad grew up in Bath, ME and I would love to go to school near family but I am a TN resident.

How friendly or not friendly to OOS applicants is UNECOM? My Dad grew up in Bath, ME and I would love to go to school near family but I am a TN resident.
I dont have an exact percentage, but it is pretty friendly to out of state applicants. My class has a handful of students from Cali and Canada as well as international students. I think the majority of my class is from Massachusetts. Hope this helps.

What do "I think"happened? Well, how much time do you have? The four months I was waitlisted I had plenty of time to think about what might be happening. The reality is, is that I will never know. Speculation and assumptions can drive you crazy in this process. That I do know. Therefore, what I have decided on is that I didn't get off the wait list last cycle, and this cycle I was rejected. That's it, that's all. Anything more than that I would be potentially lying to myself.

It was very difficult to get into UNE this cycle. They filled up their class really quickly (by December if I'm not mistaken). So you may have been applying against a more competitive bunch this year.

Did anyone get accepted off the waitlist recently?

Hi All,

Question to those who were waitlisted last year and got accepted. I'm new to SDN. I was waitlisted this cycle in january and I was wondering for if it moves in these later months?