2020-2021 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's going to be a hell load more than a few.
Any evidence to support this? Last year between April and July it didn't seem that there was a ton of movement. But maybe I'm misinformed.

Members don't see this ad.

Any evidence to support this? Last year between April and July it didn't seem that there was a ton of movement. But maybe I'm misinformed.
I tend to believe that many applicants will forgo their seats as MD movement begins later this month. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like this is the trend for all osteopathic medical schools?

I tend to believe that many applicants will forgo their seats as MD movement begins later this month. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like this is the trend for all osteopathic medical schools?
Makes sense. I'm just speaking based on the movement I saw last year at UNE COM. But, every year is different. Trust me, I'm hoping and praying there is a ton of movement as I was just placed on the waitlist here today.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Makes sense. I'm just speaking based on the movement I saw last year at UNE COM. But, every year is different. Trust me, I'm hoping and praying there is a ton of movement as I was just placed on the waitlist here today.
Ah okay, I see. There is also the chance that only a couple percentage of UNECOM applicants/waitlisters are actually on SDN? Hoping the best for you!

I interviewed 3/23 and was just waitlisted. Still in the game! UNE COM is my dream school!!

Ah okay, I see. There is also the chance that only a couple percentage of UNECOM applicants/waitlisters are actually on SDN? Hoping the best for you!
Yes, that is true. 100% there are those who have been accepted off the waitlist/withdrew their acceptance that do not post on SDN. But thank you!

I haven’t heard back, interviewed 3/11, is that good or bad? Lol
Tbh I think it could go either way. It seems like everyone is receiving waitlist decisions that interviewed from February on. If people who interviewed after you are receiving waitlist decisions I'm guessing that you are either accepted or rejected. Good luck!

Pre-II R today. Meh, honestly kinda numb to them at this point lol

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R today. Bummed about the beer but I kinda already knew I was going to stick to my in-state school. :)
Good luck, everyone!

• Care
Have any accepted students heard anything about financial aid yet?
There was the FAQ document that talked about financial aid along with the acceptance letter, but otherwise I haven't received anything. There was some thing "to accept your aid package" but the link provided was for undergraduate financial aid.

Pre-II R complete Sept OOS. Long wait for this R haha. Best of luck everyone!

I just got accepted off the Waitlist! I had a few questions if anyone knows the answers, please throw em my way, lol!! Do we have any breaks at all during the 4 years? I was looking at the calendar and it just goes like July 1 --> June 30 for Y1 and 2 and we have some breaks for thanksgiving/christmas. but then y3 and 4 we have no breaks whatsoever? That seems kinda crazy!

Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted off the Waitlist! I had a few questions if anyone knows the answers, please throw em my way, lol!! Do we have any breaks at all during the 4 years? I was looking at the calendar and it just goes like July 1 --> June 30 for Y1 and 2 and we have some breaks for thanksgiving/christmas. but then y3 and 4 we have no breaks whatsoever? That seems kinda crazy!
Congrats!! When did you interview?

We have breaks lol. They run the calendar the whole time to allow financial aid to be received for all 12 months (their answer), as well as I'm sure to be a bit ambiguous so they can make changes if necessary without truly making an amendment to the schedule.

From current students, their final exam in winter was around December 11th, and then they had off until the new year.
Summer break starts in early May and runs until July.
You get a weeklong break after all block weeks as long as you don't need to remediate any of them.

3rd + 4th year you have 82 weeks of required rotations, so there's a bit of flexibility with the time we get off. Any current students, feel free to correct me if I got any of that info wrong.

And congrats, my fellow NEIPA fan! Couple of cold ones are in order come Orientation time.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats??

We have breaks lol. They run the calendar the whole time to allow financial aid to be received for all 12 months (their answer), as well as I'm sure to be a bit ambiguous so they can make changes if necessary without truly making an amendment to the schedule.

From current students, their final exam in winter was around December 11th, and then they had off until the new year.
Summer break starts in early May and runs until July.
You get a weeklong break after all block weeks as long as you don't need to remediate any of them.

3rd + 4th year you have 82 weeks of required rotations, so there's a bit of flexibility with the time we get off. Any current students, feel free to correct me if I got any of that info wrong.

And congrats, my fellow NEIPA fan! Couple of cold ones are in order come Orientation time.

Yes that’s correct. Most of the free time will just be determined on how you schedule your 4th year. 3rd year is pretty set in that you are on rotations from July to June. You have a 2 week elective time that can be used for vacation time though.

Once you start 4th year, you have an additional 18 weeks of electives to finish and a few other required rotations. Depending on how many audition rotations you do for residency will determine when you complete your requirements. You can also schedule free time and time to study for Step2/Level 2 during your 4th year as well. I finished up my last electives early March and have just been biding my time preparing for residency.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks!! I interviewed 03/11 and then I was waitlisted just a few weeks ago and then I was accepted! I was really surprised it moved so quickly.
Congratulations! When did you get accepted? I interviewed 3/11 too and waitlisted and hoping to get off! It’s my top choice! Did you send a letter of intent or anything? Please share what you did!

Congratulations! When did you get accepted? I interviewed 3/11 too and waitlisted and hoping to get off! It’s my top choice! Did you send a letter of intent or anything? Please share what you did!
I did not send a LOI, I just sent an academic update

I’ve been on WL awhile. Would you share your stats? My fingers are crossed

For those who are accepted, when is orientation? I see online it's in June but curious what the exact dates are. Thanks!

Does anyone know if any grants or Scholarships will show with the initial financial aid information?

Interviewed 1/29 waitlisted 2/4. Getting worried about moving states and finding available housing if accepted (wishful thinking). anyone know of any rentals that allow large dog breeds?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if any grants or Scholarships will show with the initial financial aid information?
current student here. only loans are offered. i highly recommend looking into outside grants/scholarships immediately since some deadlines have already passed. if you already have grants/scholarships, then you can let the school know and they can put a hold in there until you get the check

Interview - 01/28, WL - 02/11, and got off the waitlist today!!! 😍

Reactions: 6 users