2021-2022 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You got accepted somewhere else tho right? I had 3 interviews and waiting
Yeah, fortunately I did. Hoping the best for you in your wait! This process definitely needs to get restructured. The fact it takes schools so long for a yes or no is ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Looks like the school is moving!

It was originally due to open Summer/Fall 2023, but it looks like it was pushed back to 2024! I guess that means it won’t really affect students from this current cycle since we’d be at clinical placements by then.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know when the deadline is for accepted students to submit their decisions? I was waitlisted back in December. I sent in an update letter/letter of interest not too long ago and they added it to my file. This is my top choice so I'm hoping once accepted students submit their decisions, it'll open the door for some of us.

on another note, I did send them an email not too long ago and they responded to me a week and half later. They're pretty understaffed right now so response times are a little longer than normal. Just for anyone who is anxiously waiting for a response for an email.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted today, I interviewed on 03/31. Fingers crossed for waitlist movement and the hopeful A!

Current 4th year enjoying vacation. Happy to answer any questions anyone has!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted yesterday!
Interviewed 2/22, Waitlisted, and accepted 4/13.
So excited to see you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Was just accepted yesterday! Feels surreal! So happy to chat with anyone, and so excited to meet you all <3

Anyone here from Texas who got accepted into UNECOM? :) Also, if anyone here is looking for a roommate at a place that is nearby campus please let me know!
I'm also from Texas and going to UNE COM! We should talk! :))

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations! when was your interview?
My interview was December 2nd, I was waitlisted December 16th, and accepted April 13th! I did not send a LOI because I intend on sending a LOI to a different school, but as of now, I have confirmed my spot until I hear of waitlist movement from the other school! <3

I’m reading the tech requirements now - does anyone know if am iPad Pro will work for the exams? It seems to just meet standards

Any more WL movement or are we expecting them in May?

Anyone know the timeframe of dedicated? I know it’s 6 weeks but I’m curious to know when the 6 weeks starts and technically ends. Also, do 2nd years get a summer break after boards?

After what I felt like was me absolutely fumbling the interview - in off the waitlist today baaaaby!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
This waitlist is honestly killing me. I interviewed in September, is the fact that i havent heard anything bode unwell for my chances? Did interviewing early have any correlation to my competitiveness or is it just random? I wish there was some minute level of transparency. Smh.

• Care
Interviewed 3/17, waitlisted 3/30, accepted 5/4!

Reactions: 5 users
For any current UNE students - do you know when Christmas break usually starts in second year?
I know this recent first year December break started on 12/10 (if students didn't have to re-take exams) then went through New Years.

For any current UNE students - do you know when Christmas break usually starts in second year?
I know this recent first year December break started on 12/10 (if students didn't have to re-take exams) then went through New Years.
It’s the same

Interviewed 3/17, waitlisted
Congratulations!! What are your stats if you dont mind sharing ?
cGPA-3.52 sGPA-3.41 MCAT-507. My ECs were pretty average other than a large amount of clinical hours from a gap year job but I also had zero research. Also ended up with no physician letter (long story). Really doubted I’d get in but very happy now!

Interviewed 3/17, waitlisted

cGPA-3.52 sGPA-3.41 MCAT-507. My ECs were pretty average other than a large amount of clinical hours from a gap year job but I also had zero research. Also ended up with no physician letter (long story). Really doubted I’d get in but very happy now!
Congrats!:) Do you have any ties to UNE or Maine?

Hi. It's quiet here and I don't like it when the FB is increasing daily :(

Anyone still on the waitlist hear back yet?

Nah ive been on the WL since october so ive pretty much given up after people with lower stats who interviewed march got off the waitlist. Randomly had an interview with Rowan SOM a week ago and it went really well so honestly if they offer me a spot im ganna accept immediately. i have very well connected UNECOM alumni in the family and theyre as confused as i am 🤷🏻‍♂️. I wouldnt give up hope but i would also say not having a backup plan for the next cycle is very risky.

Haven't heard anything yet. Sent an additional LOR recently and a LOI months ago. Hoping for the best for all of us on the waitlist! I'm currently accepted elsewhere but would pick UNECOM if I get the A:xf:

Does the class of 2026 have a group chat on whatsapp or something similar? I know there's a facebook group but is there something on another app?

Nah ive been on the WL since october so ive pretty much given up after people with lower stats who interviewed march got off the waitlist. Randomly had an interview with Rowan SOM a week ago and it went really well so honestly if they offer me a spot im ganna accept immediately. i have very well connected UNECOM alumni in the family and theyre as confused as i am 🤷🏻‍♂️. I wouldnt give up hope but i would also say not having a backup plan for the next cycle is very risky.
Woah, Rowan's still interviewing??

Got off the waitlist this morning! I am so happy and excited and relieved- this was my second year applying and I was sitting on 3 WLs with no A. I really wish for the best for all you guys and positive news coming your way as well😊

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got off the waitlist this morning! I am so happy and excited and relieved- this was my second year applying and I was sitting on 3 WLs with no A. I really wish for the best for all you guys and positive news coming your way as well😊
Congratulations future doctor!!💗 Do you mind sharing your stats, when you were waitlisted, and if/when you sent an LOI?

Thank you😊 stats: mcat 505, Cgpa 3.6, Sgpa 3.5

very strong extracurriculars to make up for lower stats. 3 years as an EMT in an ER very hands on patient care, 3 publications (2 more on the way), plenty of volunteering and shadowing hours.

Interviewed 02/24, WL 03/09. Sent an LOI 04/13, sent a continued letter of interest/update letter 05/15.

Thank you😊 stats: mcat 505, Cgpa 3.6, Sgpa 3.5

very strong extracurriculars to make up for lower stats. 3 years as an EMT in an ER very hands on patient care, 3 publications (2 more on the way), plenty of volunteering and shadowing hours.

Interviewed 02/24, WL 03/09. Sent an LOI 04/13, sent a continued letter of interest/update letter 05/15.
They’re lucky to have you! Congrats again!! :)

Was anyone else in the waitlist info session yesterday? I thought it was really cool of UNECOM to have that this year!!

Was anyone else in the waitlist info session yesterday? I thought it was really cool of UNECOM to have that this year!!
Yes i was the guy who got there late lol but yes it was very informative, at least what i got to hear. I spoke to Kate Altieri afterward and she is a really nice person. She told me that she is involved in who gets an offer off the waitlist and took attendance to see who was still interested so attending the session was probably beneficial in some way.

Yes i was the guy who got there late lol but yes it was very informative, at least what i got to hear. I spoke to Kate Altieri afterward and she is a really nice person. She told me that she is involved in who gets an offer off the waitlist and took attendance to see who was still interested so attending the session was probably beneficial in some way.
Fingers crossed for us this week!

Accepted off of the waitlist this morning!! Will be withdrawing from my spot at WVSOM and paid the deposit to attend UNECOM! So excited as this was my top choice!

Interviewed 1/25, waitlisted 2/16. Attended the Info session for waitlist applicants, submitted a letter of intent on 3/13 and had an additional letter writer submit a LOR about a month ago!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off of the waitlist this morning!! Will be withdrawing from my spot at WVSOM and paid the deposit to attend UNECOM! So excited as this was my top choice!

Interviewed 1/25, waitlisted 2/16. Attended the Info session for waitlist applicants, submitted a letter of intent on 3/13 and had an additional letter writer submit a LOR about a month ago!
Excited to meet you so soon!! :)