University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!! Yayyy I can go home!! Congrats to everyone else, this school is fantastic and I couldn't be more excited :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted. Interviewed Oct. 1st. Super pumped.

Reactions: 9 users
ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 10/2 and so so excited! what. a. relief.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted!! first acceptance, damn now I can relax a bit..grabbing a nice *** six-pack later. Interviewed 9/30

Reactions: 12 users
ACCEPTED.

did anyone from 9/16 interview hear?

Congrats everybody that has been accepted so far! My interview is 11-5-14, and I'm from Florida so I'm super excited!

Reactions: 1 user
OMG I interviewed 10/2 also!! I hope I hear a decision today ahhhhhhhh im praying!!!! I will accept that acceptance so fast!!!!

Do you know if they send all decisions via email, or only acceptances? and did you all get accepted via email?

@crossfit4lyfe The email was entitled "Decision Letter" and the body of the email said that a scan of my decision letter was attached and a hard copy would be mailed conventionally. So based upon the wording, it is possible that they emailed all decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the stats of all of you guys that were accepted? Congrats by the way! :)

ACCEPTED!!!! Congrats to all accepted:claps:

Reactions: 7 users
Do you guys think we need to submit the deposit or state anything until dec 14th?

Congrats to everyone accepted!!
I'm currently working on my secondary, and I emailed the Department of Constituent Services last week to get in contact with a current student so I could ask them questions and also this would help me with the first essay prompt. However I still haven't heard anything and I really want to submit so any ideas/tips?
Also is there someone here who is a current student at UNECOM that I could talk to?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted! Interviewed 10/2 :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED! First choice DO school!
Interviewed mid-September.
LizzyM: 68

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted! Congrats to everyone else who received good news yesterday.
If it helps: Interviewed in Sept., Non-Trad, OOS but in NE, LizzyM: 65

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone!!

I was just informed that UNECOM has not received my LORs!! Gah! They did an initial review of my app and poof, not there. So frustrating, I sent them via Interfolio the same day I paid for my secondary. I suppose I could send them again. Maybe they didn't check their email.....lol.

Congrats to all those accepted! Hopefully I can join your ranks soon!

Also, for those of you getting acceptances so far, did you all ask the constituent services to be contacted before the interview?

Interview Tomorrow, Thursday October 23rd!! Is anyone interviewing that day? Any last minute interview tips?

Just received my II! SO stoked. Previous interviewers: any advice?

Really low key interview. Know who you are, why you are there, and RELAX! It is a no stress interview. It was more like reviewing my application over coffee instead of an intimidating medical school interview. No trick questions. Just be yourself. They are wanting to see who you are and how you fit within their program.

Reactions: 1 users
ii today! woo!
MCAT: 28, GPA: 3.64 sGPA: 3.77, number of ECs
I need to buy a suit....

Received my complete email today, how long after that did you get an II?

Ooh I want to know this too...received my complete email late yesterday afternoon. After leaving MCAT hell....that is.

Took me a week.

Still freaking out waiting for my decision email! UGHHHHH

Just had my interview. Overall, I feel that it went well.

How important is the interview in the overall scheme of things? When the adcoms are making their final decisions, in what ways do the interview impact their decision?

Ooh I want to know this too...received my complete email late yesterday afternoon. After leaving MCAT hell....that is.

got my complete email today. im from massachusetts so im interested in this school. Maybe we will hear about ii at same time. good luck

For thank you notes, did you guys email or snail mail them?

I was completed on Monday and i got an interview today, on Wednesday

The pen I got at my interview last week has run out of ink already.
Guess I know which school I won't be attending if I get accepted. :yeahright:

(/jk)

Reactions: 2 users
First med school acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
II today!! Got the complete email this morning and invite email one hour later! So excited.

For those of you who finished your interviews...approximately how long was your interview?

Mine lasted around 35 minutes, with the last 10 or so minutes involving me asking questions of my interviewers. Is this a normal length?

Anyone know how they handle holds and rejections? Been complete since 10/10 so I'm guessing my app is in one of those piles! Resisting the urge to call.

Last edited: