University of Rochester or Einstein?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been accepted to both schools and am having a really tough time deciding where to go. I really like the program at Rochester, but have family ties to NYC. On the other hand, Einstein has great, affordable housing and offers good financial aid, don't think it's the same at Rochester.

Any input would be appreciated. :D

Members don't see this ad.

So I have been accepted to both schools and am having a really tough time deciding where to go. I really like the program at Rochester, but have family ties to NYC. On the other hand, Einstein has great, affordable housing and offers good financial aid, don't think it's the same at Rochester.

My friend would have followed the money in your situation (whichever is cheaper). I would have as well.

Fundamentally, unless the curricula both pique your interest, you should follow the program where you feel you can thrive and accomplish the most over things like convenience. Chances are you will be challenged when you match as far as your comfort zone, so choosing convenience now is a cop-out.

I had a similar decision between Roch, Einstein, and Gtown. In terms of financial aid, I have the exact opposite impression as you. I thought Einstein offers merit-based aid to top applicants, but not much in the way of need-based aid. Rochester seemed to have a great need-based aid system, not to mention the cost of living there is much cheaper. Unless you have a merit scholarship from Einstein, I really doubt it will be cheaper there than rochester. I ended up choosing Rochester for money, location, smaller class size, and their program just seemed to be exactly what I wanted. Obviously, your location preference is different and you may have different opinions on class size and what type of program you want. Congrats on getting into both, good luck with your decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know much about Einstein, but I loved Rochester because of the curriculum and the feeling I got from the students and faculty. Granted, the feeling you get at a school is subjective but in my opinion, that plays a big role, because you have to happy there for the next four years. Also, Rochester housing is affordable from what I've heard thus far and the school housing is as well. Definitely consider your fin aid, but if the difference isn't significant then go with your gut feeling. And visit for second look at each school.

Hmm, that's really interesting because a lot of people I talk to say Einstein is known for giving students a significant amount of money. I'm still waiting to get my financial aid package, so time will only tell which is true for my case. But wouldn't I need a car if I go to Rochester? In NYC public transportation is super reliable, even in the BX (I think).

I don't know much about Einstein, but I loved Rochester because of the curriculum and the feeling I got from the students and faculty. Granted, the feeling you get at a school is subjective but in my opinion, that plays a big role, because you have to happy there for the next four years. Also, Rochester housing is affordable from what I've heard thus far and the school housing is as well. Definitely consider your fin aid, but if the difference isn't significant then go with your gut feeling. And visit for second look at each school.

Thanks, I will probably narrow it down to financial aid, 'cause my gut feeling is torn between the two for now.

Hmm, that's really interesting because a lot of people I talk to say Einstein is known for giving students a significant amount of money. I'm still waiting to get my financial aid package, so time will only tell which is true for my case. But wouldn't I need a car if I go to Rochester? In NYC public transportation is super reliable, even in the BX (I think).
Yeah, you would need a car in Rochester. I don't think you'd need one at Einstein since Jacobi and Montefiore are next door and the 6 can take you into Manhattan. I've actually never had a car and really want one, so I didn't mind that. Maybe I'll change my mind after the first insurance bill. As far as financial aid goes, you can always play one against the other. If Roch gives you 10K more but you really want to go to Einstein, call AE and tell them to show you the money.

Rochester!!!!

Obviously I'm biased. PM me if you have any questions about my school!

HEY HI I HAVE GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR AEGD in november . can u please help me with the interview part of it ?? and wat r the other universities where i can appply for the same program so that i got acceptance easily
please help me with it

This thread is a "School X vs. School Y" thread from last year's cycle. Seeing as the OP has clearly made their choice by now, it's outlived its usefulness, so I'm closing it and moving it to School-Specific Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.