University of Tennessee c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope, nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad.

For those taken off the OOS waitlist, were you in the top third, do you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone define “East” Knoxville? Is that basically anything between I40 and the river? And I guess that includes next to the zoo?

Anyone else get an email about accepting a financial aid package, but see nothing on the myutk page? I'm planning to call tomorrow and ask about it, but just curious if anyone else has heard any more about it.

Anyone else get an email about accepting a financial aid package, but see nothing on the myutk page? I'm planning to call tomorrow and ask about it, but just curious if anyone else has heard any more about it.
Yes, mine is like that too. I called and she said that it may have just not processed yet and to call again tuesday if it isn’t up yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Do our final transcripts just need to be sent in before orientation in August? Anybody know?

Anyone have any advice in looking for housing? I'm so overwhelmed with everything I'm trying to keep track of I'm not sure where to start.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any advice in looking for housing? I'm so overwhelmed with everything I'm trying to keep track of I'm not sure where to start.

I made a PowerPoint for my housing! It sounds crazy, but I put each housing option on a separate slide to distinguish between everything!

Reactions: 1 users
I made a PowerPoint for my housing! It sounds crazy, but I put each housing option on a separate slide to distinguish between everything!
I did an excel spreadsheet and used Zillow, Facebook, and Craigslist to help me find places. If you’re looking for a rental this guy has some great options and already rents to multiple vet students. He is pet friendly and most, if not all, properties are fenced.

I know this question already keeps coming up haha but anyone know anything about when our Facebook group will be getting made? I went to tour some apartments in Knoxville over the weekend and most places are filling up already.. I'd prefer to get hooked up with some roommates soon and in a good place before I have to result to getting stuck in traditional student housing with a bunch of random crazy undergrads xp

I know this question already keeps coming up haha but anyone know anything about when our Facebook group will be getting made? I went to tour some apartments in Knoxville over the weekend and most places are filling up already.. I'd prefer to get hooked up with some roommates soon and in a good place before I have to result to getting stuck in traditional student housing with a bunch of random crazy undergrads xp
I asked the c/o 2022 prez about this and apparently there's been some delay in the class list getting finalized and sent to them. Sorry I don't have more info for you!

I asked the c/o 2022 prez about this and apparently there's been some delay in the class list getting finalized and sent to them. Sorry I don't have more info for you!
Oh I totally appreciate you asking, definitely no need to apologize, you've really been such a help to all of us newcomers! I have heard that UT has been quite a bit behind on things.. especially with financial aid.. xp but hopefully it'll all get worked out soon!

I emailed Ms. Deborah Shepherd about transcripts earlier this week and haven't received a response. I know everyone is really busy this time of year so I'm not super concerned, but I'm just trying to decide if I should call her if I don't hear back by mid day tomorrow...

Keep us posted if you find out about transcripts. Meanwhile I’m trying to sort out financial aid (as I currently only have the direct loan and that brings me about $15k short of tuition and about $25k short of cost of living!) and housing. I don’t even know how to begin to apply for apartments when I don’t actually have any student loans yet... so this has been fun

Keep us posted if you find out about transcripts. Meanwhile I’m trying to sort out financial aid (as I currently only have the direct loan and that brings me about $15k short of tuition and about $25k short of cost of living!) and housing. I don’t even know how to begin to apply for apartments when I don’t actually have any student loans yet... so this has been fun

This is my first time dealing with financial aid-ish things, so I'm super confused!! Like when does the money come in once we have "accepted" the offer? And where does it go? I think I just need to call the FA office next week and start from square one.

This is my first time dealing with financial aid-ish things, so I'm super confused!! Like when does the money come in once we have "accepted" the offer? And where does it go? I think I just need to call the FA office next week and start from square one.
Sadly, most the time they come in a couple weeks after classes start. One of the biggest problems starting new is the cost of start up. The funds go to the school and they take out tuition, then COL goes to a bank account you set up.

Reactions: 2 users

Same as far as having to figure out the financial aid/student loans. And I’ve tried to apply for a grad plus loan and looked at the entrance counseling... but I don’t think I can do entrance counseling until I actually have the additional loan information?

I’m going to call once the holiday weekend is over because I am so lost. Just getting to Tennessee is going to be a financial challenge at this point

Just curious, where are you coming in from?

Pennsylvania! Between the application fees and down payments for an apartment, moving my stuff down, the books and supplies I need to buy for UTK, and just gas to get there I’m worried I’m going to starve my first few months there lol

the books and supplies I need to buy for UTK
Does UTK have a free and for sale page with upperclassmen selling their books +/- supplies they no longer need? You should also check with current students what books you ACTUALLY should get vs what they want you to have. I bought one book for all of first year and still barely used it. I know at Illinois we also have a copy of all the recommended and required books on reserve at the vetmed library so you still have access if you don’t buy all of them but end up wanting to use them sometimes. Maybe UTK has that too?

Pennsylvania! Between the application fees and down payments for an apartment, moving my stuff down, the books and supplies I need to buy for UTK, and just gas to get there I’m worried I’m going to starve my first few months there lol

That’s a drive! If you need help with moving labor or anything let me know. We’re moving down (2 hours away) early/mid July so I’ll be around. My husband is also a good cook so I may talk him into making some study group meals so maybe we can help feed you something besides ramen and PB&J.

If anyone else is bad about checking their UTK email the Facebook page is setup and there’s bookstore and vaccine emails as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations about the white coat sizes? I'm trying to figure out what size to get because I don't want it to be too small or too big!

Anyone else having trouble with their UTK email all of a sudden? I was using it fine earlier but just tried to log in to send some emails and the page keeps crashing instead of taking me to the login page :(

Just in case any rejects from last cycle are still in here (like myself!), I am starting the 2024 hopeful forum! Any of y'all hard working acceptees for '23 wanna join to offer advice or answer questions (you KNOW there's a million), please do!