UPenn c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I just say that I interacted primarily with 3 ambassadors and they were amazing humans?? :love:
They’re really good. Some have actually done this before in undergrad so they have some experience. Everyone is chosen because of some specific things they bring to the table, and the goal is to get a group together that represents the class through their differences. That’s why each year may choose different qualities in the representatives because we’re different classes. I definitely recommend for anyone who hasn’t interviewed yet to interact with as many as possible to see all of the differences in each person and apply that on a bigger scale to imagine what each class is like.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an IS applicant & haven't heard back either.

I’m also an IS applicant and haven’t heard anything. I feel like at this point they have already sent out all their interview invites and if we get one it will be because someone has declined their interview. :(

I’m also an IS applicant and haven’t heard anything. I feel like at this point they have already sent out all their interview invites and if we get one it will be because someone has declined their interview. :(
It just feels weird, because when I call to ask about my status, they say that my app is still in Pending

Reactions: 2 users
It just feels weird, because when I call to ask about my status, they say that my app is still in Pending
I think they just hold them and we are still considered until all the interviews are done. Just incase they need to pull people to fill spots if people cancel interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Where have people found emails to send thank you notes to interviewers?

Where have people found emails to send thank you notes to interviewers?
You can google their name and PennVet. If they’re an alum and now faculty you might not find anything. If they’re faculty it should show up.

However, it’s really not necessary to send thank you’s. By all means you can if you’d like. But by the end of the day of your interview their decision has already been made so it won’t make a difference one way or another.

I haven’t heard anything either - I agree with the above sentiment that they’re waiting to see who cancels/declines interviews to pull people from the pool that’s left. Dumb question, but we wouldn’t be put on the overall waitlist without getting to an interview right?

I haven’t heard anything either - I agree with the above sentiment that they’re waiting to see who cancels/declines interviews to pull people from the pool that’s left. Dumb question, but we wouldn’t be put on the overall waitlist without getting to an interview right?
I don’t believe so. I think as it is now it’s sort of an interview waitlist that isn’t formally mentioned. But the actual waitlist is for people who have interviewed.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection which I am fine with at this point

IS rejected, I'm not that upset about it though. Penn wasn't one of my top choices.

oos havent heard anything...no interview no rejection

OOS rejection- I will say that I’ve applied to Penn twice and the first time I got the really early-on rejection letter in November (?), and the letter I just got was MUCH nicer lol. Good luck to everyone yet to interview!

OOS rejected. I'm sure those of you that haven't heard anything are still being considered. Take it as good news!

Are there opportunities to join research projects during summer break that are paid? Or jobs available with the school to make money during the breaks?

Are there opportunities to join research projects during summer break that are paid? Or jobs available with the school to make money during the breaks?

Yes and yes. There are a variety of research opportunities during the summer, and you'll start to learn about them in the fall. For jobs, there's the library, the pharmacy, the research colonies, and patient care associates in the hospital, plus probably some others that I'm forgetting.

Absolutely. I work for the dog research colony that’s part of the referral center for animal models. There’s the BI NIH research program that pays you and you do a research project in the summer. There’s also many different opportunities for summer work, from internships to school positions. They won’t pay your tuition but they’ll pay for dinner or utilities. It’s also great experience. I’ve already tube fed multiple newborn puppies, given injections, done physical exams, etc through the research colony.

OOS rejection this morning via e-mail. I'm not entirely surprised, and at least it seems like they took a second look at me rather than an immediate rejection. Still, I was hoping my undergrad work and LORs from multiple Penn alums/faculty might get me in the door. Well, if my one other interview doesn't work out, next year!

Does anyone know when they are sending interview invites until?
They have the possibility of going out until the last interview date, which is next Friday. They’ll go out if people who are already invited cancel and they need to fill seats.

For those who have interviewed already, is there a place to put your coat/jacket while you are interviewing? Also, does the school tour involve walking outside for a long time? Trying to decide what to wear for my interview o_O...

For those who have interviewed already, is there a place to put your coat/jacket while you are interviewing? Also, does the school tour involve walking outside for a long time? Trying to decide what to wear for my interview o_O...
Yea you can leave your stuff in the holding room upstairs. The tour should be almost all inside except for small bits that just take you through a courtyard.

Did anyone hear anything today? Also congrats to all that interviewed today

Does anyone have experience about when on hold applicants might hear either way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an OOS applicant that interviewed this past Friday, I got out of work to find three missed calls from New Bolton, no voicemail or email. This can only mean good things right? On hold/rejections are only via email? Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I’m an OOS applicant that interviewed this past Friday, I got out of work to find three missed calls from New Bolton, no voicemail or email. This can only mean good things right? On hold/rejections are only via email? Thanks guys!!

Yes. They don’t call for rejections.

Does anyone have experience about when on hold applicants might hear either way?

I had my phone off and had a voicemail. When I called back, they told me I was accepted. (OOS and interviewed 2/7).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got a call from my interviewer!! OOS acceptance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my acceptance email!!

For those who are interviewing this Friday, good luck!!

Reactions: 3 users