VMCVM c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need my rabies vaccine--anyone know the approximate cost for the vaccine? I haven't hit the deductible for my insurance so I'm sure this is going to be a hit to my HSA. Is the rabies clinic VMCVM puts on gonna be cheaper?
It's around $900 for all 3 (I know... I'm cringing), and that was the same number they brought up at Accepted Students Day so I'm guessing it would be the same through the school

Members don't see this ad.

The shots are $313 apiece at the student health center, if I remember correctly. (Definitely about $300).

Some people's insurance covered vaccines before school started. Not sure if the insurance through the school does, but the plan deductible is pretty low ($450).

It's worth asking your current provider if they'll cover it. If not, and you plan on switching to the school insurance plan, also worth calling them to see if they'll cover it or if it will overall be cheaper through them once you get here since the deductible is lower than many plans out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey All! I have a few friends on the OOS waitlist for 2023 and I wanted to see if anyone had any news on its movement yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
I was pulled off the MD resident waitlist this afternoon! So excited to be joining everyone in the fall :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
My insurance covered my rabies vaccines but the cost was ~$700

Does anyone know how many people typically get called off the OOS waitlist? I am trying to figure out if I should wait until August to sign a lease for an apartment once I receive my ranking.

Does anyone know how many people typically get called off the OOS waitlist? I am trying to figure out if I should wait until August to sign a lease for an apartment once I receive my ranking.
The only thing I've ever heard is that it moves quite a bit, but I've never heard a specific average number.... Not super helpful (sorry), but you've probably got hope no matter where you are on the waitlist.

it’s pretty variable. for class of 2020, they went all the way to the 60s-70s for OOS versus 2021 they only went to 20s

Reactions: 1 users
#26 on oos waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
#45 on the OOS list. I'm not sure what to think!

Members don't see this ad :)
My heart goes out to everyone finding out waitlist placements- best wishes to all of you! No matter where you are, keep your head up and keep dreaming, I know how it feels to be in that position. I am a firm believer that what is meant to be will happen, and you all should be so incredibly proud of yourselves for making it this far!!

#1 on VA waitlist :cat:

Last edited:
I declined my OOS seat this morning after getting off of another waitlist. Good luck to everyone still waiting! :)

#9 on OOS waiting list! What do yall think my chances are?

Just accepted my offer of admission for an IS seat!! So excited to join the class!

Reactions: 4 users
anyone have a rough estimate of how many get off IS waitlist? I was number 9 but im not sure how much the IS list moves

anyone have a rough estimate of how many get off IS waitlist? I was number 9 but im not sure how much the IS list moves
I tried to go back on a lot of the previous class threads. I couldn’t find a lot on the VA waitlist, but someone who was #7 on the MD waitlist was accepted on the 15th of April last year. Two years before that someone ranked 6th on the MD waitlist got accepted August 17th. Good luck!! :)

Last edited:

There are different IS lists for VA, MD, and WV, so it depends on which IS list you are on. The year I was applying we were told during an admissions talk that on average somewhere around 2-3 for VA, somewhere between 5-10 for MD, and 0-2 for WV.

Kind of a ballpark estimate as I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was in the realm of little to no movement for WV, a little movement for VA, and slightly better chances from MD but still less than 10 spots on average.

Probably not what you wanted to hear at #9, but good luck!

Does anyone know if we can email for an updated waitlist ranking?

OOS Update - I moved from 5 to 3! things are happening :nailbiting:

I emailed Shelby yesterday and she informed me that I moved from 11 to 10. So if other people were bumped up to two spots today I guess I’m 9 now?

Also Hi everyone! This is my first post. Good luck to everyone who haven’t been accepted yet and congrats to those who already have!

I emailed Shelby yesterday and she informed me that I moved from 11 to 10. So if other people were bumped up to two spots today I guess I’m 9 now?

Also Hi everyone! This is my first post. Good luck to everyone who haven’t been accepted yet and congrats to those who already have!
Welcome! I think that's a safe assumption

I emailed Shelby today, and I moved from #45 to #38 now. She also said that they are waiting on a few outstanding offers.

Received my acceptance email yesterday. I’m so happy!! Don’t hold out hope just yet everyone. :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
I’m v confused now though bc I’m not sure how it got past me o_O
aaand Shelby is out of the office today, so I’ll be spending this weekend stressed out :nailbiting::nailbiting:

I’m v confused now though bc I’m not sure how it got past me o_O
aaand Shelby is out of the office today, so I’ll be spending this weekend stressed out :nailbiting::nailbiting:
Same imam email dr. Peltzer and ill let you know!

I previously accepted an IS spot but I will be giving up my seat. Congrats to the new class!!