Western c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I wasn’t missing any coursework, My GPA was over the required as well.

It said I had a portal update and gave a link. When I clicked the link it sent me to a generic message saying that my application was being declined for interview. I plan on doing a file review because it didn’t really go into a lot of detail.
Yeah I would definitely get a file review, I’m sorry that happened :/

Members don't see this ad.

For those who interviewed, have you guys gotten the link to the interview review yet? Mine hasn’t come through yet and was just curious!

Yeah I would definitely get a file review, I’m sorry that happened :/
It’s all okay! I just never saw anyone say that in previous threads and assumed everyone would get a notification they were sent to review, just wanted to put it out there for future applicants or those who haven’t heard back yet that it is a possibility!

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for those that interviewed already... did you guys (or anyone there) bring a guest with them?

Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed, have you guys gotten the link to the interview review yet? Mine hasn’t come through yet and was just curious!
I have not gotten my email yet. They did make it sound like we would get it right after.

Question for those that interviewed already... did you guys (or anyone there) bring a guest with them?
There were a few people I saw bring their parents or spouse.

Reactions: 1 users
I brought my dad but he stayed at the hotel for the morning portion and joined me after the interview for the presentations.

Has anyone heard about interview invites for the dates past Nov 5?

Has anyone heard about interview invites for the dates past Nov 5?
I think the last dates to interview are either the 10th or 12th since that is what I saw when scheduling mine.

I got an interview invite today!!! Scheduled for Nov 12

Reactions: 6 users
Interview is tomorrow!! Good luck to all :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I was planning on wearing a nice pair of light khaki colored jeans with a blouse and blazer and nice loafers tomorrow. Does that seem appropriate to people who have interviewed? It definitely looks very professional and put together, but I’m a liiiiittle bit concerned that my pants are still technically jeans.
On the other hand, it’s Southern California I can wear regular blue jeans to any formal venue that’s not black tie and not feel out of place.
Thoughts?

So I was planning on wearing a nice pair of light khaki colored jeans with a blouse and blazer and nice loafers tomorrow. Does that seem appropriate to people who have interviewed? It definitely looks very professional and put together, but I’m a liiiiittle bit concerned that my pants are still technically jeans.
On the other hand, it’s Southern California I can wear regular blue jeans to any formal venue that’s not black tie and not feel out of place.
Thoughts?

I’d say it’s appropriate. I’ve seen people wear khakis and get away with it. Especially if you pair it with a blouse and a blazer!

I’d say it’s appropriate. I’ve seen people wear khakis and get away with it. Especially if you pair it with a blouse and a blazer!

My concern is that they’re not khakis, they’re light khaki/ivory colored jeans. Like I would feel 100% ok if they were khaki material, it’s the fact that they are denim that I’m not sure about lol

My concern is that they’re not khakis, they’re light khaki/ivory colored jeans. Like I would feel 100% ok if they were khaki material, it’s the fact that they are denim that I’m not sure about lol
If they look professional and like khakis I wouldn't worry about it. No one is going to walk up and rub their hands against them (at least I surely hope they wouldn't).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

If they look professional and like khakis I wouldn't worry about it. No one is going to walk up and rub their hands against them (at least I surely hope they wouldn't).

Haha!
That’s what I’m hoping. Now that it’s so close though I just started freaking out about it and second guessing everything

Thanks!!

I also have a PM interview, see you guys there! :cat:

Anyone with a PM interview want to get lunch around campus before hand? I’m antsy AFFFFFF right now

Just got my interview invite!! I'll be there the 12th!

Reactions: 3 users
Question. I saw in another thread awhile back that people send their interviewers thank you emails at certain schools. Is that something I should do?

Question. I saw in another thread awhile back that people send their interviewers thank you emails at certain schools. Is that something I should do?

Yes.
Even if it’s *not* the norm (which depends on who you ask, but I’ve always been told to send a hand written note if possible, but at minimum, an email), it will set you apart and make you stand out in a positive way. And if most people do send something and you don’t, it can reflect poorly on you.
It’s worth the maybe 15 minutes that it takes to send 4 thank you emails, especially if you have a generic template that stays the same with a little place to “insert one individual anecdote here” you can mostly just copy paste from one email to the next.

I was just offered an interview!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I am interviewing in the PM on the 12th. I can't believe I'm flying across the country in 4 days!

Reactions: 7 users
I received my interview invitation back in October and will be interviewing on Saturday. I am very excited!

I interviewed on the 29th and just got my post interview survey today.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any advice for interview prep?? This is going to be my first interview and I am so nervous!!

Anyone have any advice for interview prep?? This is going to be my first interview and I am so nervous!!
Western was my first ever interview too, and honestly it was an awesome experience. As far as the interview itself goes, I looked into examples of behavioral questions, thought about all my past experiences and the controversial events etc, just to keep my mind refreshed. I'm someone who is best on my feet so just getting a rough idea was perfect for me (and I have a lot of experience taking with people I don't know). They were very patient (so if you need a moment to think they won't get upset) and they REALLY appreciated when you ask questions! So have some in mind or come up with some during the q&A's. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hope everybody had a great interview. Hoping to hear from everyone on December! Good luck!

Soon...
I hope you guys are hangin’ In there okay :love:

Reactions: 2 users
Soon...
I hope you guys are hangin’ In there okay :love:

I know, this morning I woke up and thought, “ahhh it’s finally December!!” So nervous/excited! Good luck everyone!

They told our interview group that it would be mid-December! So hopefully in the next two weeks!

All I remember is them saying we would hear back before the end of December.
Maybe I got that from a previous thread Either way, I'm trying not to think about it too much haha. Good luck to everyone!

anyone else constantly refreshing their email or checking their portal? i feel like i interviewed so long ago!