Western c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else constantly refreshing their email or checking their portal? i feel like i interviewed so long ago!

Haha yep! Judging by past threads, I’m guessing we’ll probably hear next Friday or the following week.. but I still can’t stop checking everything!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What days did you guys interview on? I interviewed Nov 10th so I’ve been obsessing over my email and portal for quite a while now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What days did you guys interview on? I interviewed Nov 10th so I’ve been obsessing over my email and portal for quite a while now

I interviewed on Oct 29th. Have been doing the same, even though they told us mid-December lol. Western is my first choice so really crossing my fingers it works out. Good luck to everyone else waiting too!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Oct 29th. Have been doing the same, even though they told us mid-December lol. Western is my first choice so really crossing my fingers it works out. Good luck to everyone else waiting too!!

I interviewed October 27!

I interviewed the 5th... and I THINK they usually let us know right before the 1st-3rd years go on break... which is approximately the 22nd :cyclops:

I interviewed the 5th... and I THINK they usually let us know right before the 1st-3rd years go on break... which is approximately the 22nd :cyclops:

I saw that last year they delayed decisions to Jan 12th and I just died a little inside :oops: really hoping that doesn’t happen to us!

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that last year they delayed decisions to Jan 12th and I just died a little inside really hoping that doesn’t happen to us!

That is true but it also seems like they didn’t receive their first interview invites until October 26th whereas that was the first weekend of interviews for us. Our last weekend was November 12th, theirs was early December. Western implemented a new system last year as well as the VMCAS issues so, I think this year will be more on time (hopefully).

Does anyone know if you get an interview then you are likely to at least get waitlisted? I got a rejection from another school so I’m getting paranoid :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you get an interview then you are likely to at least get waitlisted? I got a rejection from another school so I’m getting paranoid :(

I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to say keep your head up! Rejections always hit hard, especially if they're the first thing you hear. It only takes one acceptance :)

Sent from my iPhone

I believe some people are rejected after interviewing, but I am hoping for the best for you! We are about half way done with finals, so I imagine you'll be hearing back before the end of the month. Like WildZoo said, it just takes one acceptance. And if you are waitlisted, there is usually a decent amount of movement on the waitlist come spring time when people have to make their final decision where they are going to attend.

Reactions: 3 users
They said mid December so I'm hopeful we'll hear by December 21st, next Friday, before the weekend and holidays.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

The day of my interview several students and staff mentioned that even if you don't get an acceptance letter in Dec. don't take it as a rejection. People mentioned that last year they had acceptance letters sent out as late as the first week of class! I guess the waitlist does go through a lot of action as ChillaLove stated^^.

The day of my interview several students and staff mentioned that even if you don't get an acceptance letter in Dec. don't take it as a rejection. People mentioned that last year they had acceptance letters sent out as late as the first week of class! I guess the waitlist does go through a lot of action as ChillaLove stated^^.

Whoa! So last minute!!! Gives me hope though .

Members don't see this ad :)
Just about officially mid-December! Anybody know of a more specific timeline of when we should hear about decisions? Anxiously waiting

At my interview, they pretty much said they don’t send decesions out until right before they leave for their break. I pretty much took that as 4:00pm on December 21st

Same! Judging by past threads, guessing the 21st as well (last year was off because interviews went into December I think). So nervous and excited! Hoping for good news *fingers crossed*

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall! Has anyone heard ANYTHING back from western yet?

Y’all scared me half to death.

Nothing here, been checking my portal every day!

Will it update on the portal? I just checked my portal today and I don’t see a place to look for it at all. Like there’s no “application status: pending” or anything

Will it update on the portal? I just checked my portal today and I don’t see a place to look for it at all. Like there’s no “application status: pending” or anything
Last year I got an email saying a decision was posted on the portal. There’ll be a pdf of a rejection/waitlist/acceptance letter

Nope lol I’ve been trying so hard not to post on this thread JUST because I didn’t want to give anyone a heart attack :laugh:
I think that they’ll let us know this Friday :dead:

I bought some sparkling wine in case I got in and a tub of ice cream in case I didn’t. To be honest, I’m probably going to break into both real soon because waiting is driving me nuts. I can crochet only so many sweaters for my cats! Yes, I’m actually doing that to distract myself

Reactions: 13 users
Just call the office, they will send out the decision by end of this week!!! good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 9 users
TOMORROW GUYS

Wishing everyone lots of luck and sanity as we’ll all probably be refreshing our emails every 5 seconds.

Reactions: 9 users
TOMORROW GUYS

Wishing everyone lots of luck and sanity as we’ll all probably be refreshing our emails every 5 seconds.

Best of luck to you too! Statistically my odds are the greatest with WesternU so hoping for the best

I know their office probably doesn’t open until 8AM PST but I think I’ve already broken my refresh email button

I know their office probably doesn’t open until 8AM PST but I think I’ve already broken my refresh email button
Last cycle decisions didn’t go out until like right before their office was gonna close so like around 5 PST

Last cycle decisions didn’t go out until like right before their office was gonna close so like around 5 PST

I don’t blame them. And this year they don’t have to respond to phone calls and emails for what? Five days? Absolutely brilliant.

Reactions: 5 users
Ermehgerd! They must be playing with us, sending the “happy holidays” email. Lol aaaaaaaaaah freaked me out.

Reactions: 7 users
Okay, did that holiday email make anyone else wanna pass out?

I called the other day about something else and I was told that decisions will go out "end of the day Friday."

From previous years it seems they load all of the decisions and once they are done their system will start sending emails. So they may click done at 5 but it could be after they close when the emails actually go out since it's all automated and we should all know around the same time.

At this point we all just want to know, but remember that no amount of worrying is going to change when and which email you get. Stay positive and I hope to hear a lot of good news tonight from everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
My heart just stopped over the holiday email

Reactions: 6 users
Okay, did that holiday email make anyone else wanna pass out?

I called the other day about something else and I was told that decisions will go out "end of the day Friday."

From previous years it seems they load all of the decisions and once they are done their system will start sending emails. So they may click done at 5 but it could be after they close when the emails actually go out since it's all automated and we should all know around the same time.

At this point we all just want to know, but remember that no amount of worrying is going to change when and which email you get. Stay positive and I hope to hear a lot of good news tonight from everyone.

Just looked back and saw I received my interview invite at 8:01pm...ugh!

Well I guess try and enjoy the holidays! We’ll know in January.

Reactions: 5 users
And the waiting continues...

Ugh I just wish they could have told us ya know like last week or something not the day we are supposed to find out. After being told they were gonna go out today

Wowwwww! 3 more weeks... I can’t believe extending the VMCAS deadline by 4 days alters the timeline that much Hope everyone enjoys their holidays

Wowwwww! 3 more weeks... I can’t believe extending the VMCAS deadline by 4 days alters the timeline that much Hope everyone enjoys their holidays

It's because the office will be closed for the holidays until January 7th and my guess is that it will be Friday of that week. Definitely a bummer but I appreciate the dean taking the time to give every applicant fair consideration.

It's because the office will be closed for the holidays until January 7th and my guess is that it will be Friday of that week. Definitely a bummer but I appreciate the dean taking the time to give every applicant fair consideration.

And if you think about it, some people might choose another school to attend by that time and thus that might elimininate possible wait listed students. Just find the positives!

You’re right! I didn’t even think about the office being closed! But yeah that’s great on the Dean’s part for taking the time he needs to do things fairly.

Even after receiving that email, I still find myself refreshing it for nothing! Haha. Hope everyone has a good winter break at least!

I'm disappointed that they did the same exact thing as last year, last minute pushing back the date. At least last year interviews went all the way to the first week of December, so I can understand the reason for it.

Same thing as last year... we were supposed to hear ~dec. 17 but the day of they pushed it back to after the holiday. Then after the holiday, they pushed it back again to January 12th..

I have not received any emails from them. Checked my spam folders and everything.

Not at all? Have you checked your email on the portal to make sure it's correct?

My email is in there correctly. I’d call them if I wasn’t at work. So I guess I’ll just try not to fret too much.