Western c/o 2023

Started by KDeVore
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What days did you guys interview on? I interviewed Nov 10th so I’ve been obsessing over my email and portal for quite a while now [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
What days did you guys interview on? I interviewed Nov 10th so I’ve been obsessing over my email and portal for quite a while now [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed on Oct 29th. Have been doing the same, even though they told us mid-December lol. Western is my first choice so really crossing my fingers it works out. Good luck to everyone else waiting too!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on Oct 29th. Have been doing the same, even though they told us mid-December lol. Western is my first choice so really crossing my fingers it works out. Good luck to everyone else waiting too!!
What days did you guys interview on? I interviewed Nov 10th so I’ve been obsessing over my email and portal for quite a while now [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I interviewed October 27!
 
I interviewed the 5th... and I THINK they usually let us know right before the 1st-3rd years go on break... which is approximately the 22nd :cyclops:

I saw that last year they delayed decisions to Jan 12th and I just died a little inside 😳 really hoping that doesn’t happen to us!
 
I saw that last year they delayed decisions to Jan 12th and I just died a little inside [emoji15] really hoping that doesn’t happen to us!

That is true but it also seems like they didn’t receive their first interview invites until October 26th whereas that was the first weekend of interviews for us. Our last weekend was November 12th, theirs was early December. Western implemented a new system last year as well as the VMCAS issues so, I think this year will be more on time (hopefully).


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Does anyone know if you get an interview then you are likely to at least get waitlisted? I got a rejection from another school so I’m getting paranoid 🙁


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you get an interview then you are likely to at least get waitlisted? I got a rejection from another school so I’m getting paranoid 🙁


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to say keep your head up! Rejections always hit hard, especially if they're the first thing you hear. It only takes one acceptance 🙂
 
Does anyone know if you get an interview then you are likely to at least get waitlisted? I got a rejection from another school so I’m getting paranoid 🙁


Sent from my iPhone

I believe some people are rejected after interviewing, but I am hoping for the best for you! We are about half way done with finals, so I imagine you'll be hearing back before the end of the month. Like WildZoo said, it just takes one acceptance. And if you are waitlisted, there is usually a decent amount of movement on the waitlist come spring time when people have to make their final decision where they are going to attend.
 
Does anyone know if you get an interview then you are likely to at least get waitlisted? I got a rejection from another school so I’m getting paranoid 🙁


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The day of my interview several students and staff mentioned that even if you don't get an acceptance letter in Dec. don't take it as a rejection. People mentioned that last year they had acceptance letters sent out as late as the first week of class! I guess the waitlist does go through a lot of action as ChillaLove stated^^.
 
The day of my interview several students and staff mentioned that even if you don't get an acceptance letter in Dec. don't take it as a rejection. People mentioned that last year they had acceptance letters sent out as late as the first week of class! I guess the waitlist does go through a lot of action as ChillaLove stated^^.

Whoa! [emoji50] So last minute!!! Gives me hope though [emoji74].


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I bought some sparkling wine in case I got in and a tub of ice cream in case I didn’t. To be honest, I’m probably going to break into both real soon because waiting is driving me nuts. I can crochet only so many sweaters for my cats! Yes, I’m actually doing that to distract myself [emoji81]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, did that holiday email make anyone else wanna pass out?

I called the other day about something else and I was told that decisions will go out "end of the day Friday."

From previous years it seems they load all of the decisions and once they are done their system will start sending emails. So they may click done at 5 but it could be after they close when the emails actually go out since it's all automated and we should all know around the same time.

At this point we all just want to know, but remember that no amount of worrying is going to change when and which email you get. Stay positive and I hope to hear a lot of good news tonight from everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
 
Okay, did that holiday email make anyone else wanna pass out?

I called the other day about something else and I was told that decisions will go out "end of the day Friday."

From previous years it seems they load all of the decisions and once they are done their system will start sending emails. So they may click done at 5 but it could be after they close when the emails actually go out since it's all automated and we should all know around the same time.

At this point we all just want to know, but remember that no amount of worrying is going to change when and which email you get. Stay positive and I hope to hear a lot of good news tonight from everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Just looked back and saw I received my interview invite at 8:01pm...ugh!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Wowwwww! 3 more weeks... I can’t believe extending the VMCAS deadline by 4 days alters the timeline that much [emoji22] Hope everyone enjoys their holidays[emoji1419]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Wowwwww! 3 more weeks... I can’t believe extending the VMCAS deadline by 4 days alters the timeline that much [emoji22] Hope everyone enjoys their holidays[emoji1419]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's because the office will be closed for the holidays until January 7th and my guess is that it will be Friday of that week. Definitely a bummer but I appreciate the dean taking the time to give every applicant fair consideration.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
 
It's because the office will be closed for the holidays until January 7th and my guess is that it will be Friday of that week. Definitely a bummer but I appreciate the dean taking the time to give every applicant fair consideration.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

And if you think about it, some people might choose another school to attend by that time and thus that might elimininate possible wait listed students. Just find the positives!
 
It's because the office will be closed for the holidays until January 7th and my guess is that it will be Friday of that week. Definitely a bummer but I appreciate the dean taking the time to give every applicant fair consideration.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

You’re right! I didn’t even think about the office being closed! But yeah that’s great on the Dean’s part for taking the time he needs to do things fairly.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm disappointed that they did the same exact thing as last year, last minute pushing back the date. At least last year interviews went all the way to the first week of December, so I can understand the reason for it.
 
Same thing as last year... we were supposed to hear ~dec. 17 but the day of they pushed it back to after the holiday. Then after the holiday, they pushed it back again to January 12th..