Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone! Looks like they really prefer higher MCAT scores!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Under review since August 10th. I guess no news is better than bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/26, just got II for 10/24. OOS (Missouri)...going to be one helluva travel weekend

Reactions: 2 users
II! In-state with Lizzy score of 61

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, so my application was marked "ready for review" yesterday. Today I was "put on hold", and "Your status remains the same until contacted for interview or notified that interviews are closed". I know what the words say, but I've been looking around and from what I've seen it's almost like receiving a rejection:(. I was wondering if anyone could shared more about what this means for my application, thanks. And congratulations to all who have received interviews! Good luck!

Hey guys, so my application was marked "ready for review" yesterday. Today I was "put on hold", and "Your status remains the same until contacted for interview or notified that interviews are closed". I know what the words say, but I've been looking around and from what I've seen it's almost like receiving a rejection:(. I was wondering if anyone could shared more about what this means for my application, thanks. And congratulations to all who have received interviews! Good luck!
There are the rare cases that someone gets off the hold list, gets an interview, and an acceptance...but I'm sorry to say that it's almost certain for a rejection. I'm not coming down on you, because I just got one from an MD school I applied to. Anyways, best of luck, but it's better to know now rather than keep holding on and be disappointed after 8 months of waiting.

For those who received an II, which email did you respond back to with confirmation of interview date?

The one that says you got an interview. Clicked reply. They then confirmed the next day.

Can they download letters from AACOMAS? Any idea?
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the email that the application is incomplete right after submitting the secondary? I have two applications on my banapps for COMP-NW alone. One is under submitted and only secondary is listed. The other one is under processed applications and primary, letters, and MCAT are listed. I'm confused. I never made two accounts. I emailed Andrea Williams and she said she's just waiting for the secondary to be processed. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Congrats to those who got the II. I'm working on this secondary right now and I'm kinda stuck on this question: "Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in the Pacific NW appeals to you." I am OOS with no ties to the Pacific NW region so I don't really know how I can approach this question while sounding genuine. I like the school itself and the level of education it provides but I can't really talk about that here since I already mentioned that in the "Why COMP-PNW?" question. Anyone have any suggestions?
Have you ever been to PNW?
Because I am from PNW it was easier for me as I really like the region (natural beuty, my community, etc) , but maybe you can approach it from more statistical point of view: physician shortage/distribution in PNW, etc

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who got the II. I'm working on this secondary right now and I'm kinda stuck on this question: "Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in the Pacific NW appeals to you." I am OOS with no ties to the Pacific NW region so I don't really know how I can approach this question while sounding genuine. I like the school itself and the level of education it provides but I can't really talk about that here since I already mentioned that in the "Why COMP-PNW?" question. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'll give you a good hint: There aren't many DO's here on the west coast, compared to the midwest/East coast

Yes. They downloaded mine.
Thanks!
I submitted my secondary a month ago and got an email today saying my file is incomplete and letters are missing, but they are bound to my AACOMAS. uhhhhhh

Thanks!
I submitted my secondary a month ago and got an email today saying my file is incomplete and letters are missing, but they are bound to my AACOMAS. uhhhhhh
Give them a call. They are pretty responsive.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to receive a decision if you are waitlisted, accepted, or denied after interviewing? I was just wondering if anyone has asked because I interview October 24th and I am very excited.

For those that have interviewed already, did the Affordable Care Act get brought up during the interview?

Withdrawing my application from COMP-NW, maybe my 10/24 II will go to someone else.

Best of luck in the cycle!

For those that have interviewed already, did the Affordable Care Act get brought up during the interview?
They're not likely to grill you like that, they mostly want to just get to know you.

Anyone going to the Friday night social on the 11th? Anyone now how to dress? Business casual? Street clothes?

Anyone going to the Friday night social on the 11th? Anyone now how to dress? Business casual? Street clothes?
You'd be crazy not to go. It's an all-around casual event, good to ease the nerves, mingle with current students and prepare for the morrow.

You'd be crazy not to go. It's an all-around casual event, good to ease the nerves, mingle with current students and prepare for the morrow.
Oh I'm going for sure! Still debating how casual though. T-shirt and jeans or khakis polo and belt. The choices here.

Is there a social night before each interview date?

I am also interested in hearing if there is a social night before each interview date? I am interviewing October 24th and have not heard anything about a social yet

Can anyone describe the MMI format? is it acting scenarios or ethical prompts?

Both.

Very little is streamed anymore since we have our own anatomy instructors here, but I'm not in any basic science classes yet. For what it's worth I'm the type that attends every lecture so I thought it would bother me but it really hasn't been an issue.

Can someone post/PM me an itinerary of the interview day like what activities are usually at which time? I'd really like to get a general idea of the interview day setup.

@dumadr. - Do you have one still?

Thanks in advance.
I don't anymore. It got tossed when I moved. Sorry!

For all the people that interview this Saturday, can you post the itinerary please? Also, for the MMI interview I can gather what the ethical prompt is (they probably just ask about an ethical dilemma and what you would do in the situation). However, what exactly is meant by acting scenarios for the MMI interview? That has me a tad bit nervous.

I think so! Nervous about the MMI (first one) but excited to check out the school!

Has anybody figured out where Heritage Hall is for the pizza social? I am desperately looking for some kind of campus map and can't seem to find one.

Has anybody figured out where Heritage Hall is for the pizza social? I am desperately looking for some kind of campus map and can't seem to find one.

I don't know where it is either...

That interview was awesome, besides the MMI, that sucks.

What exactly took place in the MMI? I saw it can be ethical questions or acting scenarios and the acting scenarios makes me nervous. Can you give a little more insight into it?

Also, was there a lot of walking because I am debating whether to bring a change of flats to wear?

Lastly, were you outside a lot during the interview process/touring and everything because I am unsure if I should bring an umbrella?

Thanks!

Bring flats, but no walking, it's a long day to be in heels.

Didn't step foot outside the whole day so no umbrella needed.

Acting MMI's. Mine were hard due to overacting by the actress. I can't really go into much else about it, we signed agreements not too.