Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who've interviewed already, when is the social the night before? I'm interviewing Oct 24th and am making travel arrangements. Trying to figure out how early to plan my flight the night before. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone was so nice and inviting! The panel interview was also very relaxed and conversational. Overall I liked the MMI and the school. Lebanon is a cool little town. Loved the city manager.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the information. I understand about not being able to discuss the MMI in detail so I apologize if I put you in an uncomfortable position by asking. Thanks for the advice about no walking or being outside because umbrellas are very bulky.

For the social the night before, how did everyone dress?

Also, my heels are very small heels because I am a sneakers type of person so they are not that uncomfortable if I only do a little walking in the day. As long as there are not bunch of stairs and everything I should be ok. About how much walking total would you say, just walking to different interview sites? Did a lot of people bring flats to change into?

Does Western-Pomona and Lebanon have the same admissions committee or are they completely separate? I notice they have the same dean though, right?

Received an email stating I am on hold. What are the odds of me getting an interview later in the cycle or is this similar to a rejection at this school?

Received an email stating I am on hold. What are the odds of me getting an interview later in the cycle or is this similar to a rejection at this school?

what are your stats if you don't mind sharing? might be just because you didn't meet a certain criteria right now, but will still be looked at later...

what are your stats if you don't mind sharing? might be just because you didn't meet a certain criteria right now, but will still be looked at later...
3.4 cGPA 3.2 sGPA and 27 MCAT I am sure hoping that is the case. I am really interested in this school. I am from CO but have some ties to the northwest

Hi, can I ask how long it took to hear back from the school once your status says "Application Materials Received"

For me about 1.5 weeks, but I'm in-state

How did you all hear about your IIs? My status on the portal says:

Application Status: Application Materials Received
Decision: Please Contact Admissions Office

....what does this mean? I feel like it can't be good.

How did you all hear about your IIs? My status on the portal says:

Application Status: Application Materials Received
Decision: Please Contact Admissions Office

....what does this mean? I feel like it can't be good.

+1 I applied to Pomona and Lebanon and it says this for both of my applications. I talked to an admissions counselor in Pomona, but she had no idea what I was talking about. I am not sure what to think it means. Maybe they have just not sent out the email to invite us for an interview yet? Hopefully? I can't picture they would want to speak with us further if they were just rejecting us. Maybe we're on hold. Anyone else know what this means?

For those of us that interviewed on 9/12, we hear back in 10-15 business days either way? Does anyone know if accept/wait list/reject comes by mail? From last years thread looks like Dr. Pham called those accepted. Good luck everyone! Definitely one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us that interviewed on 9/12, we hear back in 10-15 business days either way? Does anyone know if accept/wait list/reject comes by mail? From last years thread looks like Dr. Pham called those accepted. Good luck everyone! Definitely one of my top choices.
You never know with the first group, but last year acceptances were phone calls. Answer anything with a 541 area code! They will leave a message. Alternates were snail mail, so if you see other people posting about their acceptance on sdn and you didn't get one, and you don't get one within a couple of days, accept your fate and move on. Call to get feedback. They only accepted 8 alternates this last year. Pretty sure rejections are snail mail too.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected just now. 29 MCAT, 3.4 cGPA, 3.2sGPA, good ECs. Oh well, wasn't crazy about this school anyway

Anyone heard back about acceptances!?? All quit on the northwest front...

I got an email today that I've been put on hold for an interview...anyone else? I'm wondering how many people they do this to, if there is a chance of getting an interview or just waiting for inevitable rejection lol

I got an email today that I've been put on hold for an interview...anyone else? I'm wondering how many people they do this to, if there is a chance of getting an interview or just waiting for inevitable rejection lol
I got the same message a week ago and was wondering this as well

The website FAQ says acceptances are MAILED 10-15 BUSINESS days after the interview, which means it could be two more weeks until we get something.

Jennie said Dr. Pham is not calling this year, acceptances will come via snail mail.

I was there. They said 10-15 business days. If you are accepted, Dr Pham will call you.
He used to call students before they even made it home before the interview but things have changed since then...

She said that at the end of her presentation when she opened the floor up for a questions

I recall hearing during interview day that all acceptances will be via snail mail. No calls. No emails. That's why they emphasized updating mailing addresses if they had changed.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got off the phone with Jeanie. Last admissions meeting is next week Tuesday. Then, she will consult the results with the Dean on Thurs night. You will know your fate on Friday next week if you call Jeanie.

I'm hoping for the best.
Thanks for the info!

Anybody know how long it took to get your app complete from when you submitted secondary + letters? It's been over a week and on the application summary its still showing they haven't received my letters...same for Pomona campus. Wondering if I should call at this point....

Anybody know how long it took to get your app complete from when you submitted secondary + letters? It's been over a week and on the application summary its still showing they haven't received my letters...same for Pomona campus. Wondering if I should call at this point....
I remember waiting at least 3-4 weeks. That was earlier in the cycle, so maybe they're moving faster now. But from what I've seen, Western (both campuses) is really slow to complete applications.

Checked my voicemail. Accepted via phone call! Overjoyed!

I also have not received a phone call, or an email...

getting nervous!

Monster_Cat, lets hope they are saving the best for last, right? haha.

Reactions: 1 users
I also have not received a phone call, or an email...

getting nervous!

Monster_Cat, lets hope they are saving the best for last, right? haha.
I haven't received either. I'm wondering if this means waitlist? Or if more calls will go out tomorrow?

I haven't received either. I'm wondering if this means waitlist? Or if more calls will go out tomorrow?
Probably more calls the next couple of days. I have not heard anything either

Got the call from Dr Pham late last night in my voicemail. ACCEPTED!!! Btw, if you haven't gotten the rejection email, you are likely accepted. Cycle done!!! This is my top choice.
Congrats! Time to relax...

I'm just over here still waiting for an II. Congrats to those accepted!!

I got an acceptance phone call this morning!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call from Dr Pham late last night in my voicemail. ACCEPTED!!! Btw, if you haven't gotten the rejection email, you are likely accepted. Cycle done!!! This is my top choice.
This is false, waitlists come through the mail

Still no calls/emails.....hopeful for a call tomorrow!