WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ngl Cray, I was a little disappointed that you didn’t say my tone was different yesterday - I felt like that was turning into a D1 tradition/almost inside joke and now the streak has been broken.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Why are we not seeing more AM sus from you? Especially when AM does something that feels a bit different than usual?

Now, I've learned, that AM can break pattern for the express purpose of wolf hunting, so I don't automatically see such a deviation as wolfy, so I'm not asking you this because I sus AM for it and for that reason find it odd you're not sussing her.
I’m trying an exciting new tactic where I don’t immediately start a fight with AM, imagine that

she’s also not doing the things that usually bother me, like seeming to deliberately misunderstand arguments in order to push people, or major bragging/telling people they’re playing wrong. Maybe I should be concerned about being not concerned, but my usual red flags haven’t shown up yet.

The MsP thing doesn’t really mean much to me yet, it’s not that far outside what I’ve seen from both village and wolf AM. but I’ve already discussed at length some possible implications for why it could be happening and will consider them more thoroughly if other game events or contributions push me that way

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
This reluctance to self prez onto a supposed wolf read... feels wrong. Especially if maybe you're expressing reluctance knowing how the flip turns out.

I agree, if you are wolf you'd have rather sat on my vote instead.
No one is reading my posts this game apparently :(

that post you quoted literally says that I am NOT convinced alley is a wolf. I said in my role PM “if alley is a wolf, she’s playing a classy wolf game” right before I had to self prez. Her posts on page 4 sounded very village to me.

you (and Mel) really sound like you’re trying to read my posts as sketchy this game because you want me to be sketchy.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm not correct in thinking about how often wolves will cross-vote me, but I have found that I'm a popular wolf vote for sure.

Just this year off the top of my head, the genny/AM wolf win, the Paws scum win game, and Pippy at least one scum out if not more, this year. Also Stagg in one game. You can wave it away as some kind of bias, sure, wolves vote lots of villagers of course it'll be me sometimes.

But my point is more that I can often sniff out a crap vote for me.
You clearly need to sniff harder, then, because my vote is because I think you’re playing different.

Reactions: 1 user
That would also incidentally be the same percentage of wolves we generally have in any game any day. Wolves doing something even 10-20% of games only would still be worth watching for. Trying to think of other tells that common.
Sure. So if it was 10-20% of the total votes, then certainly yes. I said 10-20% of the games we play, period. We play like 40 games a year. If it happens 4 times a year, I’m bored by that number.

Last edited:
Oh WOW the Threadloom search function is B R O K E N, at least on my device.
*screams internally*

Screenshot (636).png

• Wow
  • Care
Really?? Huh. It's what I've relied on for my ISOs in the past - the Xenforo search has missed posts sometimes when I've filtered by person.
it looks pretty similar to your screenshot and then the whole bottom of the page is just enormous logos

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 10.13.50 AM.png

I've always wondered why people liked it

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I don't feel great about Shorty and Dina. They're not shouting village at me rn like usual. Keep in mind usually when they are "shouting village" at me I still sus them, but with benefit of hindsight in games do see the village in them when they flip.

I won't pretend to be able to correctly read them as village in past games. But the fact they feel less village to me than I can recall in past games, worries me.

This post has so much hedge. I feel like you're always sussing shorty and I've never been on you village list.

I have to say I also see issues with Mel's play today, as far as sitting on his vote and the last min catch up, and some of the sus he had, while it seemed legit to me and I agreed in places, well wolf Mel makes good cases on people too. Also realizing some of the times he's been nicest to me, he was wolf.

But, Mel also makes some good points.

I also think that Mel is a player more like DocE, and more likely to take issue with some of what might be seen as a looser style of play compared to past standards (more harsh and pushes people a certain way).

In no way was I criticizing you for snapping at him. I personally like a more confrontational style of play.

I don't immediately fault the last min catch up because I felt that he had substance to his content, and sometimes last min catch ups happen cuz IRL and are NAI. Whether it's wolf or village content remains to be seen. But I appreciate solid content.

I don't think it's fair for Mel to take issue with "looser style of play" when he came in last minute, held his vote until the very end + actively admitted he wasn't reading things

This interaction
I kinda want to move to alley but I don't want to make another tie
That's what I was feeling. We could both vote there?
coming shortly after April had said this:
I agree on Alley feeling weird. I checked the posts that you referenced, and I think the posts that stood out to me were a little different but I get the same vibe you did. Not sure if I feel confident enough on that to yeet her for it since I think D1 alley tends to be sketchy and I'm not sure where that line can be drawn so early in the game
feels off to me. Alley didn't post at all between April saying that she wasn't sure if she felt confident enough to yeet her and then talking about coordinating with Dina, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread that wolf!alley tends to be very wordy. @Aprilthearab, what made you feel more confident in voting her?

I wanted to get these thoughts out and put a vote down since I have realized I am very out of groceries and need to go to the store.
alley's my only wolf lean rn, but I didn't like how antagonistic p208 was from AM (but at the same time I kinda agree, I don't like exactly how MsP is making a grandstand of her post numbers but idk what it makes of either of them)
I like Dina's overall tone and shes getting a bit of a birthday pass. rood to lean someone on their birthday.
So now that alley has flipped village, do you have some new wolf leans?

I'm feeling a lot of buddying between Bob and Mel, not just today/last night but early last cycle too with Bob questioning april's vote on Mel.

Also @genny why did you decide to stay on MsP yesterday?

No. Not really. Rushed through pages and didn’t thoughtfully read.

My thoughts:

D1 so never much to go on. Just more action to get things flowing.

I didn’t like my April vote. It was more to just get started. And get on board. After quick read, I didn’t love her reactions and some of the others. Makes me wonder about wolf jumping on convenient misyeet. I def have to reread.

Mel makes good sense. Stuck his neck out for lazy vote. Buys village cred. But could’ve been wolf knowing how I’d flip and/or pocket.

Same could be said for Cubs. Seemed like he was defending a sinking ship which catches sus. I didn’t fully read his bc at that point I was wanting to get to the end and find out if I’d been voted off (I have trouble skipping to the end of anything). So maybe he had sus posts. But none I saw.

Cray seemed pretty good village game. Not seeming uptight.

You I kinda group with Mel type. Good to keep around regardless. But that didn’t work out well for me last game! You always ping me but I’d say par for normal (I refuse to tell you what I think your biggest wolf giveaway was to me last game— in retrospect).

Shorty is putting in too much work with her tracker if she is a wolf. I’d say that buys village cred. But I played that angle as a wolf.

I think Dina seems to be making sense.

TLDR- I don’t think I made much progress on wolf leans. But felt good about some village leans

How in the world do you take two people, put them in the same box, then give village cred to one and sus to the other?

Edit: but = put

Reactions: 2 users
Night 1

I'm really earning my best flavor writer award so far this game...
~insert writeup snazziness here, in a few hours...~

Early in the night, a decree was issued that everyone was to remain in their homes, no exceptions.

No one has died

13 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
5. @BobLoblaw78
6. @genny
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty
18. @Dinashadow

Dead:
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Day 2. Vote closes at 10pm EST/9pm CST/8pm MST/7pm fantasyland TOMORROW (9/30).

Please remember that PMs are CLOSED during the day.

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
feels off to me. Alley didn't post at all between April saying that she wasn't sure if she felt confident enough to yeet her and then talking about coordinating with Dina, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread that wolf!alley tends to be very wordy. @Aprilthearab, what made you feel more confident in voting her?

The issue I'm having is finding a wolfy motive. Why draw attention to yourself by waffling like that last minute and putting yourself up for sus with the village flip? The only reason I can think of is that there was another wolf on the board that was up for yeet.

Honestly I need to go back and look at the wagons (I think it was sporty, genny, and Bob who were also on the board?), but I am drowning in school work today because I took most of the day off for my birthday.

@TelemarketingEnigma can you share some wolf reads today? I found your genny vote yesterday felt like it came out of nowhere.

The issue I'm having is finding a wolfy motive. Why draw attention to yourself by waffling like that last minute and putting yourself up for sus with the village flip? The only reason I can think of is that there was another wolf on the board that was up for yeet.
wolf panic can lead to waffles (either purposefully to look village, or because of some concern about other wolves or long game implications). in RvB Mkg was pretty waffley, and we definitely considered additional waffles that we didn't follow through on. Would probably expect more control from a good wolfpack but it's a possibility. I do agree a threat to another wolf is a more likely driving factor if it was a wolf waffle. also making note of the fact that you too were a part of this wafflefest...

like seeming to deliberately misunderstand arguments in order to push people, or major bragging/telling people they’re playing wrong. Maybe I should be concerned about being not concerned, but my usual red flags haven’t shown up yet.

I feel like she did to that to some extent with pleasy, which is why I said it sounded village of her.

@TelemarketingEnigma can you share some wolf reads today? I found your genny vote yesterday felt like it came out of nowhere.
It was a little out of nowhere, in the sense that I was trying to get a vote on the board so I went with gut vibes while I caught up/reviewed. That review didn't make me feel any better about her - she's coming in just barely over the post minimum with essentially no meaningful contribution. Feels wolfy, but if she's village then I'd still like to pressure her to contribute.

Honestly I need to go back and look at the wagons (I think it was sporty, genny, and Bob who were also on the board?), but I am drowning in school work today because I took most of the day off for my birthday.

Lest you forget I was also on the board when there was a multi-2 vote tie. This is when you propositioned to move to allie and april followed. Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points. At the same time you could look at it as you baiting someone to go with you onto a certain player, but you had already moved to Bob, which took me out of the tie and put him in the lead. Mel immediately made another tie with the sporty vote vs Bob, and you only changed yet again, after april made the commitment to alley, with you perhaps not realizing in the flurry that you had made another 3-3 tie between alley and sporty, which sporty then broke with a self prez.

I guess Im saying you seemed more village-driven in the whole exchange, whereas April had an open door to move her vote to try to make herself look better since she was catching flack for being on Mel as an "RSV" vote and after having said shed consider moving off Mel if he showed up and provided content.

the AM/ MsP thing

Sidebar: I think this whole thing has become a distraction and is now taking away from evaluating other interactions. The majority has already made their comments on this issue and further talk about it feels like beating the dead horse. :beat:

Until something new comes to light or one of them flips It's going nowhere. Its becoming a Chaos vs [inset player] type of thing which just takes up posting space.

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry y'all I know I've been quoted and tagged a few times, been busy and my head is pretty foggy, gonna be another hour or two before I can start catching up

• Care
How convenient that you ask me about one of the only things I’m caught up on
I agree with Shorty. Sounded weird and very coincidental bc coincidence or...???
I tend to look at mel more like myself, someone to keep around and drum up sketch on throughout the first few cycles for a later misyeet. But also agree in the sense that if villagers had him up on the board and the opportunity was there, theyd definitely take it to get a solid villager out of the game. So I guess I agree and disagree to some extent.
I disagree but also agree. Jk

I thinking it might help to differentiate players based on organized and disorganized. I think I'm disorganized along with others. But AM, Mel, maybe Cubs are more organized, which threatens me as a wolf.
Regardless of fault, he's maybe not wrong that villagers might be more likely to drop the ball.

Last game I was village and I fell asleep and didn't submit an action. Not the first time I've done that, either. Pretty sure I've NEVER done that as a wolf.

Wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only person for whom this sort of thing is true.
I stand by this fullheartedly and is exactly what I meant. That being said......(see below)
That's dependent on meta which is almost always NAI given the nature of this particular website. So his statement was equally as NAI to object to.

This is only useful if you have exact names for who would and who wouldn't do this, no exceptions. Otherwise, it's WIFOM at best. Regardless, that's not super relevant to the situation at hand because this is about posting less than 10 posts per day twice, not submitting night actions.
If you want specifics, Chaos and Genny pretty much no-showed for big portions of wolfing. IIRC- Genny got subbed
Not sure this is totally true. Will watch for a MsP/AM pack.
Several possible alliances are brewing. I don't know if it is just more this game or if I am just noticing more.

Is absolute refusal to bus a wolf partner the same thing as actively protecting? I think AM wouldn't be so obvious to protect a packmate.

Post 1

Hi. This has been said on this thread a million times so I'm not even going to bother going too deep in to it, but this is a kinda a weird non-yeet logic since my low posting has never really stopped you from breathing down my neck before (with or without post requirements).
Nevermind on AM/MsP packmates. MsP replies don't seem to favor that

I’m trying an exciting new tactic where I don’t immediately start a fight with AM, imagine that

she’s also not doing the things that usually bother me, like seeming to deliberately misunderstand arguments in order to push people, or major bragging/telling people they’re playing wrong. Maybe I should be concerned about being not concerned, but my usual red flags haven’t shown up yet.

The MsP thing doesn’t really mean much to me yet, it’s not that far outside what I’ve seen from both village and wolf AM. but I’ve already discussed at length some possible implications for why it could be happening and will consider them more thoroughly if other game events or contributions push me that way
Now you got me wondering, bc her not doing these things is what she also did when she last wolfed.

Gives me some twinges that 3 of the 4 votes on alley came in the last 3 minutes of voting. Sporty's was a reluctant self-prez, so not side-eyeing that, but I want to take a closer look at April and Dina's posts when I have time.
This makes sense. IIRC D1 vote analysis is nothing to go off. But if it is, it severely implicates Sporty. Alley is known village and obviously not leading the charge. Dina jumped from me (I know I'm village) to Alley. If she was wolf, she should've stayed on me. Sporty self prezzed but still...
Oh WOW the Threadloom search function is B R O K E N, at least on my device.
I had to erase the asterisk it automatically inserted in the search field

She feels too hostile for the amount of sus I've thrown her way, and overall, actually.

Also, the last time Sporty wolfed she took this semi condescending tone with me, and I can't say I remember her doing it other games.

I may be off here, but my feel so far.
Yeah. This plus D1 end of day vote has me wondering
How in the world do you take two people, put them in the same box, then give village cred to one and sus to the other?

Edit: but = put
I was saying people were sussing you for saying I sounded village. It would have been easy as a wolf to let others throw sus around and stay above the fray. The fact I lumped you together was saying you both get village points.
How do you interpret him saying that Mel defending him buys village points, and when I said he seemed typical Bob and didnt get much out of his affiliation to vote him he said Im suspect?
Either I wrote it wrong or was not clear enough.

Mel makes good sense. Stuck his neck out for lazy vote. Buys village cred. But could’ve been wolf knowing how I’d flip and/or pocket.

Same could be said for Cubs. Seemed like he was defending a sinking ship which catches sus. I didn’t fully read his bc at that point I was wanting to get to the end and find out if I’d been voted off (I have trouble skipping to the end of anything). So maybe he had sus posts. But none I saw.
So same for Cubs as Mel. You caught sus for defending a sinking ship.

I think a wolf would've stayed back and let me get voted off. Also, check the bolded.

####yeet sporty####

I don't like end of day vote.

I know I'm village and was in lead. Wolves would have been fine with that. Alley as known village made a vote change they didn't expect. Dina switched from me which doesn't make sense for a wolf to do. Then Sporty switch. I can chalk it up to self prez, but that is the best I got right now.

####yeet sporty####

I don't like end of day vote.

I know I'm village and was in lead. Wolves would have been fine with that. Alley as known village made a vote change they didn't expect. Dina switched from me which doesn't make sense for a wolf to do. Then Sporty switch. I can chalk it up to self prez, but that is the best I got right now.
I have been working 8-6 and getting home at 7 the last several days. My end of day vote is because that is literally the first chance I had to read the thread. If you’re criticizing my play for a self prez, then you better start looking elsewhere

On that note, care to give the rest of your reads?

I'll be back to reread the thread when I get a break.

I'm feeling a lot of buddying between Bob and Mel, not just today/last night but early last cycle too with Bob questioning april's vote on Mel.

I never had a reason to move off. Also wasn’t around for close. Yesterday was a long day.

• Care
I agree with Shorty. Sounded weird and very coincidental bc coincidence or...???
Is this a shorty/Sporty mixup? Because if it's not, I'm not really following what you're saying. And if it is - why was my asking Sporty for follow up on the one thing she'd commented on at that point weird?

This makes sense. IIRC D1 vote analysis is nothing to go off. But if it is, it severely implicates Sporty. Alley is known village and obviously not leading the charge. Dina jumped from me (I know I'm village) to Alley. If she was wolf, she should've stayed on me. Sporty self prezzed but still...

I had to erase the asterisk it automatically inserted in the search field
Yeah. This plus D1 end of day vote has me wondering
Can you explain your thinking here a little more? How does self prezzing implicate Sporty "severely"?

wolf panic can lead to waffles (either purposefully to look village, or because of some concern about other wolves or long game implications). in RvB Mkg was pretty waffley, and we definitely considered additional waffles that we didn't follow through on. Would probably expect more control from a good wolfpack but it's a possibility. I do agree a threat to another wolf is a more likely driving factor if it was a wolf waffle. also making note of the fact that you too were a part of this wafflefest...

Yeah I think that's been well established

Are you wolf reading me for it? How about april?

Waffles are one thing, but waffling and sealing someone's yeet fate vs just waffling to someone means you're putting yourself out there to be evaluated the next day. It's something to be considered

Lest you forget I was also on the board when there was a multi-2 vote tie. This is when you propositioned to move to allie and april followed. Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points. At the same time you could look at it as you baiting someone to go with you onto a certain player, but you had already moved to Bob, which took me out of the tie and put him in the lead. Mel immediately made another tie with the sporty vote vs Bob, and you only changed yet again, after april made the commitment to alley, with you perhaps not realizing in the flurry that you had made another 3-3 tie between alley and sporty, which sporty then broke with a self prez.

I guess Im saying you seemed more village-driven in the whole exchange, whereas April had an open door to move her vote to try to make herself look better since she was catching flack for being on Mel as an "RSV" vote and after having said shed consider moving off Mel if he showed up and provided content.

What do you mean with with the bolded? Do you think they're w/w?

The thing is Bob was up for yeet when I moved off you to him, and if april was "baiting me off" it would give me indication that her and bob were w/w, and she didn't want him to be yeeted. However, I don't see them as compatible based on their earlier interactions. If she was a wolf she could've left me stay on bob, she could've stayed on Mel (or even waffled to someone else) and then not been caught up in the wafflefest on a now flipped villager, which has now made her look sus today.

Hopefully that makes sense

I am going to go against what I've read, but I think Dina is acting village.

What do you mean by this?

This interaction

coming shortly after April had said this:

It was a combination of not having a wolf feel on anyone else and my village leans/reads, notably Schools and Dina, feeling wolfy about her too. Initially, when I mentioned it below, I was the first person to mention feeling questionable about Alley and wasn't super sure of my read:
Reminder to myself to go back and read some of Alley's posts because I thought I felt weird vibes there yesterday, don't remember why though and not enough to make a read off of
And then schools mentioned her getting wolfy vibes too, which is when I responded with this:
I agree on Alley feeling weird. I checked the posts that you referenced, and I think the posts that stood out to me were a little different but I get the same vibe you did. Not sure if I feel confident enough on that to yeet her for it since I think D1 alley tends to be sketchy and I'm not sure where that line can be drawn so early in the game
After this is when Dina noted some more wolfy vibes from Alley and made me feel like I maybe wasn't imagining it.

And really, this post below has a lot of truth to it. I felt stuck and even though I had wanted to avoid voting Alley until I could get more than one cycle of reads on her, I didn't have anyone wolfier.
End-day choking!April should have listened to mid-day rational!April
I didn't feel good about the Bob vote because I couldn't justify any of his weirdness being any wolfier than his village weirdness. I don't have any read at all on Genny or Sporty so I didn't feel like going there. Just stuck.

I don't see Dina making the two last-minute switches as a wolf because it drew a lot of attention. I feel like there must have been somewhere else that she could have kept her vote quiet unless she was trying to protect a packmate.

Yeah I think that's been well established

Are you wolf reading me for it? How about april?

Waffles are one thing, but waffling and sealing someone's yeet fate vs just waffling to someone means you're putting yourself out there to be evaluated the next day. It's something to be considered

What do you mean with with the bolded? Do you think they're w/w?

The thing is Bob was up for yeet when I moved off you to him, and if april was "baiting me off" it would give me indication that her and bob were w/w, and she didn't want him to be yeeted. However, I don't see them as compatible based on their earlier interactions. If she was a wolf she could've left me stay on bob, she could've stayed on Mel (or even waffled to someone else) and then not been caught up in the wafflefest on a now flipped villager, which has now made her look sus today.

Hopefully that makes sense

What do you mean by this?

I dont necessarily think it was a w/w thing, just pointing out that if she were a wolf, and thought itd score her wolf points not to move, you gave her a way to move elsewhere without looking terribly suspicious.

I dont think Bob/April are w/w, I was just establishing the timeline of what happened, and if someone involved in the waffle were to be a wolf, its looks worse on her than on you. Agree the easiest thing would have been to just sit on Mel, but his re-emergence right before close may have gotten her thinking that it looked bad to stay there and when she saw a chance to move, she did.

Are you thinking they're w/w, w/v, v/v?

Do we think there was a night cancel last night? Kinda confused why someone would choose to cancel N1 besides maybe they're a villager thinking they'll die early on and want the chance to stop a night kill

Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points.
When did I say that? I don't have a read on Mel. I'd rather vote someone wolfy than someone neutral.
I also don't feel like I was getting sus for being on Mel besides Bob being weird. I moved because the conversation starter vote had done its purpose and I had no reason to stay on a neutral read.