supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m trying an exciting new tactic where I don’t immediately start a fight with AM, imagine thatWhy are we not seeing more AM sus from you? Especially when AM does something that feels a bit different than usual?
Now, I've learned, that AM can break pattern for the express purpose of wolf hunting, so I don't automatically see such a deviation as wolfy, so I'm not asking you this because I sus AM for it and for that reason find it odd you're not sussing her.
No one is reading my posts this game apparently 🙁This reluctance to self prez onto a supposed wolf read... feels wrong. Especially if maybe you're expressing reluctance knowing how the flip turns out.
I agree, if you are wolf you'd have rather sat on my vote instead.
You clearly need to sniff harder, then, because my vote is because I think you’re playing different.Maybe I'm not correct in thinking about how often wolves will cross-vote me, but I have found that I'm a popular wolf vote for sure.
Just this year off the top of my head, the genny/AM wolf win, the Paws scum win game, and Pippy at least one scum out if not more, this year. Also Stagg in one game. You can wave it away as some kind of bias, sure, wolves vote lots of villagers of course it'll be me sometimes.
But my point is more that I can often sniff out a crap vote for me.
Sure. So if it was 10-20% of the total votes, then certainly yes. I said 10-20% of the games we play, period. We play like 40 games a year. If it happens 4 times a year, I’m bored by that number.That would also incidentally be the same percentage of wolves we generally have in any game any day. Wolves doing something even 10-20% of games only would still be worth watching for. Trying to think of other tells that common.
Looks like it!oh boy is the SDN: Reddit Edition gone?
Gives me some twinges that 3 of the 4 votes on alley came in the last 3 minutes of voting. Sporty's was a reluctant self-prez, so not side-eyeing that, but I want to take a closer look at April and Dina's posts when I have time.
*screams internally*Oh WOW the Threadloom search function is B R O K E N, at least on my device.
it's always been super broken for meOh WOW the Threadloom search function is B R O K E N, at least on my device.
Really?? Huh. It's what I've relied on for my ISOs in the past - the Xenforo search has missed posts sometimes when I've filtered by person.it's always been super broken for me
it looks pretty similar to your screenshot and then the whole bottom of the page is just enormous logosReally?? Huh. It's what I've relied on for my ISOs in the past - the Xenforo search has missed posts sometimes when I've filtered by person.
@Dinashadow @vetschoolsletmeinplease anyone awake to PM?![]()
I don't feel great about Shorty and Dina. They're not shouting village at me rn like usual. Keep in mind usually when they are "shouting village" at me I still sus them, but with benefit of hindsight in games do see the village in them when they flip.
I won't pretend to be able to correctly read them as village in past games. But the fact they feel less village to me than I can recall in past games, worries me.
I have to say I also see issues with Mel's play today, as far as sitting on his vote and the last min catch up, and some of the sus he had, while it seemed legit to me and I agreed in places, well wolf Mel makes good cases on people too. Also realizing some of the times he's been nicest to me, he was wolf.
But, Mel also makes some good points.
I also think that Mel is a player more like DocE, and more likely to take issue with some of what might be seen as a looser style of play compared to past standards (more harsh and pushes people a certain way).
In no way was I criticizing you for snapping at him. I personally like a more confrontational style of play.
I don't immediately fault the last min catch up because I felt that he had substance to his content, and sometimes last min catch ups happen cuz IRL and are NAI. Whether it's wolf or village content remains to be seen. But I appreciate solid content.
I kinda want to move to alley but I don't want to make another tie
coming shortly after April had said this:That's what I was feeling. We could both vote there?
feels off to me. Alley didn't post at all between April saying that she wasn't sure if she felt confident enough to yeet her and then talking about coordinating with Dina, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread that wolf!alley tends to be very wordy. @Aprilthearab, what made you feel more confident in voting her?I agree on Alley feeling weird. I checked the posts that you referenced, and I think the posts that stood out to me were a little different but I get the same vibe you did. Not sure if I feel confident enough on that to yeet her for it since I think D1 alley tends to be sketchy and I'm not sure where that line can be drawn so early in the game
So now that alley has flipped village, do you have some new wolf leans?I wanted to get these thoughts out and put a vote down since I have realized I am very out of groceries and need to go to the store.
alley's my only wolf lean rn, but I didn't like how antagonistic p208 was from AM (but at the same time I kinda agree, I don't like exactly how MsP is making a grandstand of her post numbers but idk what it makes of either of them)
I like Dina's overall tone and shes getting a bit of a birthday pass. rood to lean someone on their birthday.
No. Not really. Rushed through pages and didn’t thoughtfully read.
My thoughts:
D1 so never much to go on. Just more action to get things flowing.
I didn’t like my April vote. It was more to just get started. And get on board. After quick read, I didn’t love her reactions and some of the others. Makes me wonder about wolf jumping on convenient misyeet. I def have to reread.
Mel makes good sense. Stuck his neck out for lazy vote. Buys village cred. But could’ve been wolf knowing how I’d flip and/or pocket.
Same could be said for Cubs. Seemed like he was defending a sinking ship which catches sus. I didn’t fully read his bc at that point I was wanting to get to the end and find out if I’d been voted off (I have trouble skipping to the end of anything). So maybe he had sus posts. But none I saw.
Cray seemed pretty good village game. Not seeming uptight.
You I kinda group with Mel type. Good to keep around regardless. But that didn’t work out well for me last game! You always ping me but I’d say par for normal (I refuse to tell you what I think your biggest wolf giveaway was to me last game— in retrospect).
Shorty is putting in too much work with her tracker if she is a wolf. I’d say that buys village cred. But I played that angle as a wolf.
I think Dina seems to be making sense.
TLDR- I don’t think I made much progress on wolf leans. But felt good about some village leans
feels off to me. Alley didn't post at all between April saying that she wasn't sure if she felt confident enough to yeet her and then talking about coordinating with Dina, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread that wolf!alley tends to be very wordy. @Aprilthearab, what made you feel more confident in voting her?
This is pretty good from Bob. I think he struggles with this more as a wolf.
wolf panic can lead to waffles (either purposefully to look village, or because of some concern about other wolves or long game implications). in RvB Mkg was pretty waffley, and we definitely considered additional waffles that we didn't follow through on. Would probably expect more control from a good wolfpack but it's a possibility. I do agree a threat to another wolf is a more likely driving factor if it was a wolf waffle. also making note of the fact that you too were a part of this wafflefest...The issue I'm having is finding a wolfy motive. Why draw attention to yourself by waffling like that last minute and putting yourself up for sus with the village flip? The only reason I can think of is that there was another wolf on the board that was up for yeet.
like seeming to deliberately misunderstand arguments in order to push people, or major bragging/telling people they’re playing wrong. Maybe I should be concerned about being not concerned, but my usual red flags haven’t shown up yet.
It was a little out of nowhere, in the sense that I was trying to get a vote on the board so I went with gut vibes while I caught up/reviewed. That review didn't make me feel any better about her - she's coming in just barely over the post minimum with essentially no meaningful contribution. Feels wolfy, but if she's village then I'd still like to pressure her to contribute.@TelemarketingEnigma can you share some wolf reads today? I found your genny vote yesterday felt like it came out of nowhere.
I can see what you mean there but it wasn't to the extreme that usually sets my alarms offI feel like she did to that to some extent with pleasy, which is why I said it sounded village of her.
The issue I'm having is finding a wolfy motive. Why draw attention to yourself by waffling like that last minute and putting yourself up for sus with the village flip? The only reason I can think of is that there was another wolf on the board that was up for yeet.
Honestly I need to go back and look at the wagons (I think it was sporty, genny, and Bob who were also on the board?), but I am drowning in school work today because I took most of the day off for my birthday.
the AM/ MsP thing

I agree with Shorty. Sounded weird and very coincidental bc coincidence or...???How convenient that you ask me about one of the only things I’m caught up on
I disagree but also agree. JkI tend to look at mel more like myself, someone to keep around and drum up sketch on throughout the first few cycles for a later misyeet. But also agree in the sense that if villagers had him up on the board and the opportunity was there, theyd definitely take it to get a solid villager out of the game. So I guess I agree and disagree to some extent.
I stand by this fullheartedly and is exactly what I meant. That being said......(see below)Regardless of fault, he's maybe not wrong that villagers might be more likely to drop the ball.
Last game I was village and I fell asleep and didn't submit an action. Not the first time I've done that, either. Pretty sure I've NEVER done that as a wolf.
Wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only person for whom this sort of thing is true.
If you want specifics, Chaos and Genny pretty much no-showed for big portions of wolfing. IIRC- Genny got subbedThat's dependent on meta which is almost always NAI given the nature of this particular website. So his statement was equally as NAI to object to.
This is only useful if you have exact names for who would and who wouldn't do this, no exceptions. Otherwise, it's WIFOM at best. Regardless, that's not super relevant to the situation at hand because this is about posting less than 10 posts per day twice, not submitting night actions.
Several possible alliances are brewing. I don't know if it is just more this game or if I am just noticing more.Not sure this is totally true. Will watch for a MsP/AM pack.
Nevermind on AM/MsP packmates. MsP replies don't seem to favor thatPost 1
Hi. This has been said on this thread a million times so I'm not even going to bother going too deep in to it, but this is a kinda a weird non-yeet logic since my low posting has never really stopped you from breathing down my neck before (with or without post requirements).
Now you got me wondering, bc her not doing these things is what she also did when she last wolfed.I’m trying an exciting new tactic where I don’t immediately start a fight with AM, imagine that
she’s also not doing the things that usually bother me, like seeming to deliberately misunderstand arguments in order to push people, or major bragging/telling people they’re playing wrong. Maybe I should be concerned about being not concerned, but my usual red flags haven’t shown up yet.
The MsP thing doesn’t really mean much to me yet, it’s not that far outside what I’ve seen from both village and wolf AM. but I’ve already discussed at length some possible implications for why it could be happening and will consider them more thoroughly if other game events or contributions push me that way
This makes sense. IIRC D1 vote analysis is nothing to go off. But if it is, it severely implicates Sporty. Alley is known village and obviously not leading the charge. Dina jumped from me (I know I'm village) to Alley. If she was wolf, she should've stayed on me. Sporty self prezzed but still...Gives me some twinges that 3 of the 4 votes on alley came in the last 3 minutes of voting. Sporty's was a reluctant self-prez, so not side-eyeing that, but I want to take a closer look at April and Dina's posts when I have time.
I had to erase the asterisk it automatically inserted in the search fieldOh WOW the Threadloom search function is B R O K E N, at least on my device.
I am going to go against what I've read, but I think Dina is acting village.also feels a little sus that mel held his vote for this long
Yeah. This plus D1 end of day vote has me wonderingShe feels too hostile for the amount of sus I've thrown her way, and overall, actually.
Also, the last time Sporty wolfed she took this semi condescending tone with me, and I can't say I remember her doing it other games.
I may be off here, but my feel so far.
I was saying people were sussing you for saying I sounded village. It would have been easy as a wolf to let others throw sus around and stay above the fray. The fact I lumped you together was saying you both get village points.How in the world do you take two people, put them in the same box, then give village cred to one and sus to the other?
Edit: but = put
Either I wrote it wrong or was not clear enough.How do you interpret him saying that Mel defending him buys village points, and when I said he seemed typical Bob and didnt get much out of his affiliation to vote him he said Im suspect?
So same for Cubs as Mel. You caught sus for defending a sinking ship.Mel makes good sense. Stuck his neck out for lazy vote. Buys village cred. But could’ve been wolf knowing how I’d flip and/or pocket.
Same could be said for Cubs. Seemed like he was defending a sinking ship which catches sus. I didn’t fully read his bc at that point I was wanting to get to the end and find out if I’d been voted off (I have trouble skipping to the end of anything). So maybe he had sus posts. But none I saw.
I have been working 8-6 and getting home at 7 the last several days. My end of day vote is because that is literally the first chance I had to read the thread. If you’re criticizing my play for a self prez, then you better start looking elsewhere####yeet sporty####
I don't like end of day vote.
I know I'm village and was in lead. Wolves would have been fine with that. Alley as known village made a vote change they didn't expect. Dina switched from me which doesn't make sense for a wolf to do. Then Sporty switch. I can chalk it up to self prez, but that is the best I got right now.
I never had a reason to move off. Also wasn’t around for close. Yesterday was a long day.I'm feeling a lot of buddying between Bob and Mel, not just today/last night but early last cycle too with Bob questioning april's vote on Mel.
Also @genny why did you decide to stay on MsP yesterday?
Is this a shorty/Sporty mixup? Because if it's not, I'm not really following what you're saying. And if it is - why was my asking Sporty for follow up on the one thing she'd commented on at that point weird?I agree with Shorty. Sounded weird and very coincidental bc coincidence or...???
This makes sense. IIRC D1 vote analysis is nothing to go off. But if it is, it severely implicates Sporty. Alley is known village and obviously not leading the charge. Dina jumped from me (I know I'm village) to Alley. If she was wolf, she should've stayed on me. Sporty self prezzed but still...
I had to erase the asterisk it automatically inserted in the search field
Can you explain your thinking here a little more? How does self prezzing implicate Sporty "severely"?Yeah. This plus D1 end of day vote has me wondering
wolf panic can lead to waffles (either purposefully to look village, or because of some concern about other wolves or long game implications). in RvB Mkg was pretty waffley, and we definitely considered additional waffles that we didn't follow through on. Would probably expect more control from a good wolfpack but it's a possibility. I do agree a threat to another wolf is a more likely driving factor if it was a wolf waffle. also making note of the fact that you too were a part of this wafflefest...
Lest you forget I was also on the board when there was a multi-2 vote tie. This is when you propositioned to move to allie and april followed. Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points. At the same time you could look at it as you baiting someone to go with you onto a certain player, but you had already moved to Bob, which took me out of the tie and put him in the lead. Mel immediately made another tie with the sporty vote vs Bob, and you only changed yet again, after april made the commitment to alley, with you perhaps not realizing in the flurry that you had made another 3-3 tie between alley and sporty, which sporty then broke with a self prez.
I guess Im saying you seemed more village-driven in the whole exchange, whereas April had an open door to move her vote to try to make herself look better since she was catching flack for being on Mel as an "RSV" vote and after having said shed consider moving off Mel if he showed up and provided content.
I am going to go against what I've read, but I think Dina is acting village.
It was a combination of not having a wolf feel on anyone else and my village leans/reads, notably Schools and Dina, feeling wolfy about her too. Initially, when I mentioned it below, I was the first person to mention feeling questionable about Alley and wasn't super sure of my read:This interaction
coming shortly after April had said this:
feels off to me. Alley didn't post at all between April saying that she wasn't sure if she felt confident enough to yeet her and then talking about coordinating with Dina, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread that wolf!alley tends to be very wordy. @Aprilthearab, what made you feel more confident in voting her?
And then schools mentioned her getting wolfy vibes too, which is when I responded with this:Reminder to myself to go back and read some of Alley's posts because I thought I felt weird vibes there yesterday, don't remember why though and not enough to make a read off of
After this is when Dina noted some more wolfy vibes from Alley and made me feel like I maybe wasn't imagining it.I agree on Alley feeling weird. I checked the posts that you referenced, and I think the posts that stood out to me were a little different but I get the same vibe you did. Not sure if I feel confident enough on that to yeet her for it since I think D1 alley tends to be sketchy and I'm not sure where that line can be drawn so early in the game
I didn't feel good about the Bob vote because I couldn't justify any of his weirdness being any wolfier than his village weirdness. I don't have any read at all on Genny or Sporty so I didn't feel like going there. Just stuck.End-day choking!April should have listened to mid-day rational!April
Yeah I think that's been well established
Are you wolf reading me for it? How about april?
Waffles are one thing, but waffling and sealing someone's yeet fate vs just waffling to someone means you're putting yourself out there to be evaluated the next day. It's something to be considered
What do you mean with with the bolded? Do you think they're w/w?
The thing is Bob was up for yeet when I moved off you to him, and if april was "baiting me off" it would give me indication that her and bob were w/w, and she didn't want him to be yeeted. However, I don't see them as compatible based on their earlier interactions. If she was a wolf she could've left me stay on bob, she could've stayed on Mel (or even waffled to someone else) and then not been caught up in the wafflefest on a now flipped villager, which has now made her look sus today.
Hopefully that makes sense
What do you mean by this?
Are you thinking they're w/w, w/v, v/v?I'm feeling a lot of buddying between Bob and Mel, not just today/last night but early last cycle too with Bob questioning april's vote on Mel.
Also @genny why did you decide to stay on MsP yesterday?
it's pretty clear to me that it was a night cancel.Do we think there was a night cancel last night? Kinda confused why someone would choose to cancel N1 besides maybe they're a villager thinking they'll die early on and want the chance to stop a night kill
When did I say that? I don't have a read on Mel. I'd rather vote someone wolfy than someone neutral.Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points.
I also don't feel like I was getting sus for being on Mel besides Bob being weird. I moved because the conversation starter vote had done its purpose and I had no reason to stay on a neutral read.I guess Im saying you seemed more village-driven in the whole exchange, whereas April had an open door to move her vote to try to make herself look better since she was catching flack for being on Mel as an "RSV" vote and after having said shed consider moving off Mel if he showed up and provided content.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.