WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
She's never successfully done 10. If she can pull that off though, that tells me everything I need to know.

Post 2

Never really got a vibe from AM not pressure voting me. Why would she? I haven't played in a while. Her not pressure voting me didn't give me weird feels. Her reason for not doing so was a bit meh. She doesn't usually reach the "well she's gonna die from low posting anyways" stage until about day 2.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Post 1

Hi. This has been said on this thread a million times so I'm not even going to bother going too deep in to it, but this is a kinda a weird non-yeet logic since my low posting has never really stopped you from breathing down my neck before (with or without post requirements).
Why are you numbering your posts?

She's never successfully done 10. If she can pull that off though, that tells me everything I need to know.

Post 3

I do think a wolf jumped on the MsP not being yeeted by AM echo train to seem like they're contributing to the thread. Tele gets a few village points for saving an interaction of that whole thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
unyeet April

I like her contributions today and they sound more like the village!april I'm used too

Reactions: 2 users
You mentioning that I don't usually hit 10 posts
Are you posting 10 posts just to make 10 posts or do you plan on using these posts to talk about more than just your own NAI lowposting (i.e. identifying wolves)? Because only the latter will prove me wrong.

• Okay...
There's a lot of posts analyzing a MsP/ AM interaction when I hadn't even posted yet. Seems a bit like jumping the gun don't you guys think think? Again. AM not pressure voting me the first game I've played in a while isn't that abnormal. She usually get's frustrated enough to pressure vote after a few games.

He makes me worry as a wolf hunter. He seems to recognize wolf strategy versus the more common pings, sus, vague type info.

It seems like your defend mel, april vote was a half joking response and your reasoning for wolves wanting to get rid of Mel cause he's a strong villager seems okay. I just wouldn't really jump to putting someone in a village corner so soon. Besides, it was one vote. He wasn't going to die

(MsP changed her signature and it made me chuckle)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
There's a lot of posts analyzing a MsP/ AM interaction when I hadn't even posted yet. Seems a bit like jumping the gun don't you guys think think? Again. AM not pressure voting me the first game I've played in a while isn't that abnormal. She usually get's frustrated enough to pressure vote after a few games.
This is along the lines of what I was trying to point out with my post about TME's logic regarding you and AM being a wolfpack. Not only was that not a clear deal of "if MsP is wolf, so must AM because she's not voting her," it definitely felt like the discussion as a whole was jumping the gun. Kind of hard to analyze interactions before you were even posting on the thread.

Now that MsP is here, I am cautiously saying that AM/MsP are not w/w based on their actual interactions since she started posting

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a short break while some of my tubes are shaking.

I'm feeling a little better about TME since she expanded on her thinking. I don't necessarily agree with some of her points, but I can follow her logic.

Not liking that you are fine to go along if that’s what the group wants to do. You seem to do your own thing no matter what (which I like)
Confused about this comment because that wasn't how I interpreted what AM had said.

Confused about this comment because that wasn't how I interpreted what AM had said.
I read it as "if that's what the group decides to do then so be it," not that "if the group decides to do that then I'll jump in"

AM, cray, please, april, and I think shorty are in my early village leans. Still a little cautious about april based on my feelings from yesterday, but I feel fine about her today.

TME and Alley are in my neutrals. I thought TME was wolfy in MHA and was wrong and nothing she's done makes me feel like she's playing any differently than last game. Alley has pinged me a few times, but also have agreed with some of her posts and historically I've found her sketchy on D1.

I'm terrible at reading genny

I'm also terrible at reading bob especially in the early game. I thought Bob's april vote reasoning felt a little off, but nothing outside of his village meta. I did agree that voting for Mel was not what I expected from april and I'm a little curious if she plans to stay there @Aprilthearab. It was one of the things that made me feel like she was wolfy yesterday

Mel, MsP, sporty, cubs haven't posted enough to give me a good read. I forgot cubs was playing until shorty tagged him earlier tbh.

I'm doing some birthday stuff tonight, so I won't be thread sitting very much, but I will try to check in

I'm going to

yeet cubbie

for now, because he's been very MIA today and yesterday he posted a lot, but it was mostly fluff

I was actually wondering if you were being serious or jokey in your post and knowing that you were being serious makes me feel worse

We have a whole day before we need to worry about solidifying votes. Multiple votes on the board right now weren't placed as wolf reads, but just to get conversation started. Why does mine stick out to you? Do you really believe your slippery slope fallacy that a single non-serious vote on Mel mid-D1 will actually lead to a village loss?

This feels pretty excessive in response to the prior Bob post. Defensive enough to extrapolate a defense of a D1 vote into losing/not losing the game?

This feels pretty excessive in response to the prior Bob post. Defensive enough to extrapolate a defense of a D1 vote into losing/not losing the game?

oh there you are

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I already pointed out you've acknowledged and put my reasoning for voting her in both of your posts addressing me. If I had more to say about this vote, I would have by now.

Let me ask this instead so the looping will end, who would have been a better candidate given the reasoning I gave for Enigma?

This pleasy/AM exchange feels pretty village, with AM's typical phrasing of "already pointed out" and "ive addressed this" kind of back and forth.

Do you feel the same about Mel?

Just giving you all a heads up that I’ll be in a meeting from 7:30-9:30 (central time) tonight. So I won’t be here for waffle time or yeet close.

I'm also terrible at reading bob especially in the early game. I thought Bob's april vote reasoning felt a little off, but nothing outside of his village meta. I did agree that voting for Mel was not what I expected from april and I'm a little curious if she plans to stay there @Aprilthearab. It was one of the things that made me feel like she was wolfy yesterday
I don't intend to stay here but so far no one else has given me a reason to move to them and Mel hasn't given me a reason to move off of him. Again, it was just a conversation starter, don't see why it was a big deal compared to any other conversation starter votes :shrug:

I heard myself saying that post in an inquisitive tone, not a defensive tone, wondering about Bob's reasoning rather than defending myself, which seems like it was lost in translation

And also - Bob was the one saying that yeeting Mel leads to a village loss, which is what I was inquiring about, because I didn't understand that logic jump.

And also - Bob was the one saying that yeeting Mel leads to a village loss, which is what I was inquiring about, because I didn't understand that logic jump.
It’s because Mel always says that about himself, which I think is what Bob was referring to

• Love
This reaction feels a little disproportionately large to me… but April always pings me on D1, so just making a note of it.
Huh, either cubs and I are just on the same wavelength or that echo is powerful this game. Second time it’s happened…

I have a super packed day at lab, but want to get some early reads down. Really hoping we hear a lot more from some people today - obviously the super low posters, but even the middle-of-the-road posters as of this post only have single digit post counts, so...

These are not ordered other than neutrals.
Village leans:
AM: feels okay to me so far. The questions she's asked and her interactions with other people have felt like her village meta.

alley: hasn't said a lot yet, but wolf!alley tends to be quite wordy and really goes into detail with her explanations of her reads/thoughts, which I haven't seen her do yet in this game.

Dina: I got village vibes from her posts yesterday. I got similar vibes in CYO II and actually got a little paranoid about it because in that game, she and I were mindmelding a lot and it scared me. We're not mindmelding so far, but I have similar feelings from her posts this game compared to that game in terms of wolf hunting.

pleasy: I'd still like to see more from pleasy, but her posts last night felt like village!pleasy. She kind of honed in on the one post of AM's and the reasoning behind her Enigma vote, but when I saw pleasy wolf in the pirate basics game, she was much more confident and I feel like she didn't get stuck on one point like that. Last night's posts felt more like genuinely confused village!pleasy.

Neutrals (roughly ordered):
Cray: so far, Cray feels like village!Cray. I have her in neutrals right now because when she's ended up in my POE before and been wolfing, it hasn't been because she said something wolfy, but more that other people gave me reasons to take them out of it and she didn't. Feels okay for now though.

genny: I thought I was heading toward a genny reading card, but then Donuts upended that. I thought I caught some glimpses of The Genny Way (TM) so far, but not enough to confidently village lean her yet.

Bob - I find Bob difficult to read in general, and the whole defense of Mel thing that was supposedly a joke felt off to me. Bob often feels off to me though. His first post on the thread was something that might have pinged me if someone else had said it, because it felt like it could be a stretchy attempt to throw shade, but because it was Bob, I figured it was a joke. That's how people got into trouble in Madagascar, though. That being said, I've noticed some patterns in Bob's wolf play that I haven't seen yet in this game.

April: April ALWAYS pings me on D1, regardless of her aff. I actually was getting a little weirded out yesterday that she hadn't pinged me earlier, until I checked her posts and saw she'd posted like 3 times when I had that thought. I'm hesitant to vote her D1 because my D1 read of her is so unreliable (well, it's reliable that I'll think she's wolfy, lol), and I think the only times I've seen her actually voted out D1, she was village.

Wolfy leans:
TME - quoted the whole MsP discussion, but that's really all that she's done toward game solving, and she didn't do any analysis of it, just compiled the quotes in one spot. She made a comment about genny's sleeping comment re: PMs, but I didn't put any weight on that because the only other game I've played with nighttime PMs was Baby Animals, where genny said something very similar about not PMing her at night (IIRC, didn't Dubz PM her and then genny said that was the wolfiest thing she'd done?), but TME didn't play that game. Kind of feels like the MsP quote compilation was to look like she was doing something without really doing something.

cubs - cubs is down here for similar reasons to TME; he's not one of the lowest posters, but I haven't felt like his posts have really contributed a lot to game solving yet. He's certainly not the only person who falls under that category, but I can't tonally read him the way I feel like I can read some other people. I'm hoping that we see more from both him and TME today (among like half the roster).

Need way more to come to a read:
MsP
Sporty
Mel

Agree on the alley point about being very wordy as a wolf.

I read through the whole Bob thing and I find it kind of funny, its like people are trying to make something out of nothing there, but when you stop and realize its bob, it makes total sense, and doesnt make me think anything one way or the other.

I feel like TME always jumps out of the gate with a lot of posts, like she doesnt want to look sketchy by not posting if she's village, and if shes a wolf wants to make sure it looks like she's contributing early on. Not reading that either way.

I feel like Sporty's thus-far absence leans her an early village read.

Wasnt surprised as I kept scrolling down and didnt see my name and the found myself dead at the bottom, as usual.

• Love
AM, cray, please, april, and I think shorty are in my early village leans. Still a little cautious about april based on my feelings from yesterday, but I feel fine about her today.
What makes you inclined to read Cray village? I feel like I struggle to move her out of neutrals unless I have a good reason, and I haven't felt strongly about her this game.

It’s because Mel always says that about himself, which I think is what Bob was referring to
Bob explained that after the conversation between me and him happened so I really didn't get what he was at, and for a minute he seemed genuinely concerned about me for that reason

clearly i need more coffee because you're right that makes no sense, i wrote it backwards

wolf!MsP would implicate AM because she avoided pushing MsP in a situation others would expect her to, hence maybe packmates
village!MsP could implicate the people pushing AM, because they wanted to encourage suspicion of a low poster/encourage suspicion of AM for not pushing MsP (hence, misyeets)

on the contrary,Id think AM is smart enough if they were both wolfing together to go straight for the MsP push because that IS what everyone expected, even though "AM doesnt bus"

• Hmm
um wolves can be busy just like villagers. Remember that numbers of posts is often NAI

Maybe its just the "um" but it gives this post more the feel that this is in defense of someone, not just a general statement about wolf vs village participation. Then she follows up with "number of posts can be NAI" after shorty has wolf read some people based on participation so far, and stated how alley herself can get very chatty as a wolf.

• Hmm
I don't intend to stay here but so far no one else has given me a reason to move to them and Mel hasn't given me a reason to move off of him. Again, it was just a conversation starter, don't see why it was a big deal compared to any other conversation starter votes :shrug:

It's not a big deal in comparison to other people. It just stuck out to me because not what I expected from you in particular, but I understand struggling to know who to vote for today because I'm in a similar boat.

Really? I feel like it's NAI and she was like this last game too

What makes you inclined to read Cray village? I feel like I struggle to move her out of neutrals unless I have a good reason, and I haven't felt strongly about her this game.

that's fair - for me it's just an early game read mostly based on feels. I thought her reasoning behind her sporty vote made sense. I feel like her posts are what I expect from her as village, though I'm aware she can fake that as a wolf.

Hi guys sorry I'm teaching freshman bio rn. Making my kids pretend to be dragonflies who eat jolly ranchers to model predation dynamics. I'll be back around 5 or 6 disneyland time!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe its just the "um" but it gives this post more the feel that this is in defense of someone, not just a general statement about wolf vs village participation. Then she follows up with "number of posts can be NAI" after shorty has wolf read some people based on participation so far, and stated how alley herself can get very chatty as a wolf.
It is kinda in defense of MsP, a historical misyeet because she’s a low poster. I don’t know if it was for more than 2 games, but I know for a fact I’ve misyeeted her before mainly off of low participation. I would like to avoid misyeets as much as possible, so I was obviously pointing out to Bob that the number of posts someone has is NAI.

I do not agree. Sporty can be hella absent as a wolf and as a villager both. It’s NAI. Pretty sure she was very absent as a wolf during England until her Bermuda!Merlin claim when she was in severe danger of being yeeted. I think she’s been a wolf in a game with me since then (stickman?) and the same posting absence applied.

Reactions: 4 users
That's kind of oversimplifying what was pinging me. I specifically said it was the lack of content within the posts, not the number of them, and my comment about alley wasn't regarding post number either.

I do not agree. Sporty can be hella absent as a wolf and as a villager both. It’s NAI. Pretty sure she was very absent as a wolf during England until her Bermuda!Merlin claim when she was in severe danger of being yeeted. I think she’s been a wolf in a game with me since then (stickman?) and the same posting absence applied.

I agree that first day or 2 you cant bank on it, but as the game goes on further its definitely part of how I can often successfully evaluate her.

• Care
But yeah, @cubsrule4e, I still want to know if you're expressing agreement with Bob's Mel take.