WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I reskimmed the thread and I feel worse about alley
I think she's stating obvious things to boost post numbers (p100 and p248 are examples ) and overexplaining simple things to look like shes contributing (p175, p212) and I think p198 sounds like whiteknighting

yeet alley
I agree on Alley feeling weird. I checked the posts that you referenced, and I think the posts that stood out to me were a little different but I get the same vibe you did. Not sure if I feel confident enough on that to yeet her for it since I think D1 alley tends to be sketchy and I'm not sure where that line can be drawn so early in the game

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
This post pinged me because the tail end of it reminded me of some of my interactions with cubs in CYO II. It's twisting what I said or did to be something that is close, but not actually what I was saying. The one thing giving me pause is I've never actually played with cubs when he was village - CYO II was the only game I've played with him at all (unless I'm forgetting one, but I don't think so?), and he was scum in that game. So I don't have any prior interactions with him that I can compare the way I do with people I've played with more. I didn't love his logic about Sporty being absent and that giving him a village lean on her, but other people have already touched on that.
If it's worth anything, he was also super stretchy in the last game to the point I almost yeeted him multiple times over it and turned out village

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have no clue I just wrote them down as examples of things I didn't love about her posting today,
why is cubs relevant?
I went to #248 and thought shorty was talking about cubs there, so am confused as to why it's being cited as one of your reasons for voting alley.

I agree on Alley feeling weird. I checked the posts that you referenced, and I think the posts that stood out to me were a little different but I get the same vibe you did. Not sure if I feel confident enough on that to yeet her for it since I think D1 alley tends to be sketchy and I'm not sure where that line can be drawn so early in the game
Exactly
Is D1
I got nothing else
😂😂

• Sad
  • Haha
If it's worth anything, he was also super stretchy in the last game to the point I almost yeeted him multiple times over it and turned out village
Yeah, and of all the games I've played, I've correctly yeeted scum on D1 a grand total of twice (and neither time was actually a wolf), so I'm very hesitant to trust my scum leans D1.

Got home just in time to panic, yay.

I heard myself saying that post in an inquisitive tone, not a defensive tone, wondering about Bob's reasoning rather than defending myself, which seems like it was lost in translation
Hmmm. I think I need to search back on how April usually posts, but I agree with the others that she sounds odd this game.
This post sounds wrong, and the one where she responded to me and defended shorty’s posting also prickled at me
I do not agree. Sporty can be hella absent as a wolf and as a villager both. It’s NAI. Pretty sure she was very absent as a wolf during England until her Bermuda!Merlin claim when she was in severe danger of being yeeted. I think she’s been a wolf in a game with me since then (stickman?) and the same posting absence applied.
I mostly agree with this because I don’t care enough about WW to alter my posting frequency any more than my baseline desire to play any given day lol

but good on Cubs for being able to read me

Reactions: 2 users
I went to #248 and thought shorty was talking about cubs there, so am confused as to why it's being cited as one of your reasons for voting alley.
Sorry I looked back and you’re right, I believe I meant to say p246 by alley not p248 by shorty

Reactions: 1 user
Some of April's posts today are making me feel slightly worse about her (the ones where she's defending various people's metas) because I've seen her do that as a wolf, but I think that's just my damn brain being pinged by her D1 as usual.
NAI, meta is a big part of me reading people which is why I suck at reading new players

NAI, meta is a big part of me reading people which is why I suck at reading new players
Yeah, but there's a difference in using people's metas to form your read and defending them on thread to other people. I'm seeing some of the latter.

I do not agree. Sporty can be hella absent as a wolf and as a villager both. It’s NAI. Pretty sure she was very absent as a wolf during England until her Bermuda!Merlin claim when she was in severe danger of being yeeted. I think she’s been a wolf in a game with me since then (stickman?) and the same posting absence applied.
Also I was not a wolf in stickman.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, but there's a difference in using people's metas to form your read and defending them on thread to other people. I'm seeing some of the latter.
No one's sticking out to me as super wolfy and I think a lot of others are in the same boat where they're forced to grasp at straws for wolf reads, and I'm seeing some of those straws as incorrect based on their meta so of course I'm gonna say something

Here we go. Gonna do this pbp as I catch up since I have to hit a post min.

• Angry
Also I was kind of hoping for you to call me out for analyzing my own meta to defend my meta analyses of other people lmao

I need to head to the grocery store so I'll only be able to respond to things that hit my notifications until yeet!

Clink Clank Clunk, Somethings On The Move D1 Tally

Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
MsP (1) - genny
sporty (1) - cray
pleasy () -
mel (1) - April
april (1) - Bob
Genny (1) - Cubs
Alley (1) - Pleasy
Cray (1) - Sporty

10/14 votes
Leading: @cubsrule4e
Missing: Several
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~1 hours)

sawtooth-gif.343856

Feels kinda retaliatory. I was considering moving off you onto someone more worrisome to me, but seriously rethinking that and wondering if I was onto something.
Cray. Why, for the love of god, would I retaliatory vote you when there are 72 other people on the board

better question: when have you ever seen a wolf retaliatory vote someone simply on the premise they are voting for the wolf?

Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
MsP (1) - genny
Sporty (1) - cray
please () -
Mel (1) - April
April (1) - Bob
genny (1) - cubs
alley (1) - please
Cray (1) - Sporty
Bob (1) - shorty

11/14 votes
Leading: cubs
Missing: @Ms Procrastinator @TelemarketingEnigma @Melchizedek
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~1 hour)

sawtooth-gif.343856

• Hmm
I have read this sentence multiple times and I'm still not sure I'm following it.
Today's been a day...
You called me out for defending people based on their meta
So, fittingly, I defended myself (for defending people based on their meta) with an analysis of my own meta

Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
MsP (1) - genny
sporty (1) - cray
pleasy () -
mel (1) - April
april (1) - Bob
Genny (1) - Cubs
Alley (1) - Pleasy
Cray (1) - Sporty
Bob (1) - shorty

11/14 votes
Leading: @cubsrule4e
Missing: Several
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~1 hours)

sawtooth-gif.343856

Cray. Why, for the love of god, would I retaliatory vote you when there are 72 other people on the board

better question: when have you ever seen a wolf retaliatory vote someone simply on the premise they are voting for the wolf?
I'll answer the second one after Cray does.

Vacation has definitely worn off. Feeling very paranoid about tons of ppl. Cubs, April, Shorty, Please, SP, Alley, Dina, SP, MsP, I'm sure there's more. And some of them even sound villageish or close to meta but I'm still worried for one reason or another.

There will be waffles I'm certain.
Oh yes

I was planning on moving off of Mel if he showed up and sounded alright, now he's apparently here but I'm waiting for some contributions

I don't know. Maybe now. Just to make this post. WIFOM.

We have seen retaliatory wolf voting I'm fairly certain. But you do have me doubting if you actually would here.

• Okay...
I'll answer the second one after Cray does.
Frankly, unless it’s some rampant thing in every game (which it is not), I think the premise of supposed “retaliatory voting” being wolfy is stupid. Most wolves know better than to go and draw attention to themselves, and I’ve seen the v/v Mexican standoff happen way more frequently.

I'm pretty sure I've done it at least once as a wolf

I don't know. Maybe now. Just to make this post. WIFOM.

We have seen retaliatory wolf voting I'm fairly certain. But you do have me doubting if you actually would here.
I’m sure we have seen “some” retaliatory wolf voting. But there are much better things a wolf can be doing with their time than that.

Frankly, unless it’s some rampant thing in every game (which it is not), I think the premise of supposed “retaliatory voting” being wolfy is stupid. Most wolves know better than to go and draw attention to themselves, and I’ve seen the v/v Mexican standoff happen way more frequently.
So unless something happens every game it should be ignored? Or does the fact that it's happen multiple times this year alone make it notable?

I'm not saying this happens with every crossvote, but to toss it out completely is dangerous. It would also imply you're in a v/v standoff now.

I have a super packed day at lab, but want to get some early reads down. Really hoping we hear a lot more from some people today - obviously the super low posters, but even the middle-of-the-road posters as of this post only have single digit post counts, so...

These are not ordered other than neutrals.
Village leans:
AM: feels okay to me so far. The questions she's asked and her interactions with other people have felt like her village meta.

alley: hasn't said a lot yet, but wolf!alley tends to be quite wordy and really goes into detail with her explanations of her reads/thoughts, which I haven't seen her do yet in this game.

Dina: I got village vibes from her posts yesterday. I got similar vibes in CYO II and actually got a little paranoid about it because in that game, she and I were mindmelding a lot and it scared me. We're not mindmelding so far, but I have similar feelings from her posts this game compared to that game in terms of wolf hunting.

pleasy: I'd still like to see more from pleasy, but her posts last night felt like village!pleasy. She kind of honed in on the one post of AM's and the reasoning behind her Enigma vote, but when I saw pleasy wolf in the pirate basics game, she was much more confident and I feel like she didn't get stuck on one point like that. Last night's posts felt more like genuinely confused village!pleasy.

Neutrals (roughly ordered):
Cray: so far, Cray feels like village!Cray. I have her in neutrals right now because when she's ended up in my POE before and been wolfing, it hasn't been because she said something wolfy, but more that other people gave me reasons to take them out of it and she didn't. Feels okay for now though.

genny: I thought I was heading toward a genny reading card, but then Donuts upended that. I thought I caught some glimpses of The Genny Way (TM) so far, but not enough to confidently village lean her yet.

Bob - I find Bob difficult to read in general, and the whole defense of Mel thing that was supposedly a joke felt off to me. Bob often feels off to me though. His first post on the thread was something that might have pinged me if someone else had said it, because it felt like it could be a stretchy attempt to throw shade, but because it was Bob, I figured it was a joke. That's how people got into trouble in Madagascar, though. That being said, I've noticed some patterns in Bob's wolf play that I haven't seen yet in this game.

April: April ALWAYS pings me on D1, regardless of her aff. I actually was getting a little weirded out yesterday that she hadn't pinged me earlier, until I checked her posts and saw she'd posted like 3 times when I had that thought. I'm hesitant to vote her D1 because my D1 read of her is so unreliable (well, it's reliable that I'll think she's wolfy, lol), and I think the only times I've seen her actually voted out D1, she was village.

Wolfy leans:
TME - quoted the whole MsP discussion, but that's really all that she's done toward game solving, and she didn't do any analysis of it, just compiled the quotes in one spot. She made a comment about genny's sleeping comment re: PMs, but I didn't put any weight on that because the only other game I've played with nighttime PMs was Baby Animals, where genny said something very similar about not PMing her at night (IIRC, didn't Dubz PM her and then genny said that was the wolfiest thing she'd done?), but TME didn't play that game. Kind of feels like the MsP quote compilation was to look like she was doing something without really doing something.

cubs - cubs is down here for similar reasons to TME; he's not one of the lowest posters, but I haven't felt like his posts have really contributed a lot to game solving yet. He's certainly not the only person who falls under that category, but I can't tonally read him the way I feel like I can read some other people. I'm hoping that we see more from both him and TME today (among like half the roster).

Need way more to come to a read:
MsP
Sporty
Mel
TL;DR: Your reads boil down to feels, some eh reasoning for alley and please, and targetting low-posters in a game that had only 3 pages until today.

Now who's doing something without really doing something?

I had the same initial thought about TME's Msp quote post but it was a very conspicuous post. It was highly likely someone would pressure TME for follow up on it, so if TME is a wolf then he would have to actually have a read prepared to keep up the charade. It would have been much easier to just post his follow up read and remain off of people's radar.

You know whats a good way to get village cred as a wolf? Push an obvious line of questioning before anyone else can.

So unless something happens every game it should be ignored? Or does the fact that it's happen multiple times this year alone make it notable?

I'm not saying this happens with every crossvote, but to toss it out completely is dangerous. It would also imply you're in a v/v standoff now.
I’m not saying it never happens. I’m saying it’s rare enough where a crossvote should not automatically be “oho she voted me after I voted her so I automatically feel vindicated”

TL;DR: Your reads boil down to feels, some eh reasoning for alley and please, and targetting low-posters in a game that had only 3 pages until today.
What exactly do you want me to base reads on, with 3 pages of content, absent something like a rojo? If I'd been targeting low posters, I would have wolf read the 3 people at the bottom who basically hadn't posted at all.

Try harder, Mel.

my phone died while i was out and i am quickly catching up, we've got a lovely vote spread going on it appears

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I get that, but i'm trying to think of various implications for why she would do something different/why people would care about it. which could include MsP as a packmate but is not the only answer (it could also just be a lot of nothing). I suppose there is the possibility of wolf!AM choosing to leave MsP alone on the hopes of yeeting another villager + getting a post restriction (edit: minimum, where is my brain) mod kill for extra death

If Am was in a pack with me she would yeet me to not break pattern. If she was a wolf she could yeet me as an easy yeet vote since she's known to do it.