-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn
Started by WildZoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If he's not, then there's little rationale for him to still be alive at f3 with that incredible VCA.How is Cubs kill immune? Do we seriously think that a factional NK on him would be disabled by his ability?
The order of operations is unknown but i'd think a block would stop the kill even if it's aimed at youI feel like if you're telling the truth, then the wolf is most likely to kill you or me compared to the others. If I block the wolf and they are targeting me, do I die anyway? Also per the rules at the start of the game (so I'm not likely saying anything anyone doesn't already know) I can't block AM again. I don't know who to block tonight.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a lot more worried about the post-Lawpy village flip situation. I really think it will look a lot worse because it will significantly aggravate the village fatigue and likely destroy village investigative powers assuming Cray also gets nightkilled. It will look a lot lot worse.
Cray should announce who she is blocking before the night cycle ends then. That would prevent things from falling into shambles.I am a lot more worried about the post-Lawpy village flip situation. I really think it will look a lot worse because it will significantly aggravate the village fatigue and likely destroy village investigative powers assuming Cray also gets nightkilled. It will look a lot lot worse.
Not that I'm trying to shade April, I'm just wondering why she's more clear than I am to you.Ok im gonna go 12/12 but I do have volleyball tonight.
Vote LAwpy
for now. AM as we discussed seems implicated through mechanics, but also dont have any ability reveal for her, and in PMs I have others vouching for her. Cray is the other person not totally clear for me.
Yeah, but, can we explore the nature of these vouches?Ok im gonna go 12/12 but I do have volleyball tonight.
Vote LAwpy
for now. AM as we discussed seems implicated through mechanics, but also dont have any ability reveal for her, and in PMs I have others vouching for her. Cray is the other person not totally clear for me.
We need to further discuss this situation now:
If village sacrifices me and i flip village, who will be most likely to be wolf? AM? What if she's village? What if she's wolf who played well? What if it's cubs who's coasting along with aprils votes?
See the situation? We're in F6 now and resolving me will likely lead to a much worse F4 situation.
With the way the Sporty and TME flips went, we really need to step back and think before blindly jumping onto another least villagey villager.
If village sacrifices me and i flip village, who will be most likely to be wolf? AM? What if she's village? What if she's wolf who played well? What if it's cubs who's coasting along with aprils votes?
See the situation? We're in F6 now and resolving me will likely lead to a much worse F4 situation.
With the way the Sporty and TME flips went, we really need to step back and think before blindly jumping onto another least villagey villager.
If you say someone is village, how do we know that's the truth and to leave you alone?We are at f6, you can afford to not yeet me this cycle.
If I say someone is village, you will know I am telling the truth and, after I am misyeeted, you will leave that person alone. You may still lose the game by yeeting me, but I will have done everything I could to prevent a loss.
If I say someone is wolf, and you can still opt to yeet me for some godforsaken reason, a wolf win may be mechanically impossible
I really need to think through the strategy of if you're wolf and claim someone is wolf/villager, what happens, if you're villager and claim someone is wolf/villager, what happens.... like all the possibilities because I really need to be sure that leaving you until tomorrow doesn't bone us. It really seems like if we leave you until tomorrow no matter what you say we'll be forced to choose between you and whoever else...
If you seer someone tomorrow as a wolf, what do you expect us to do about it? At that point don't we have to debate which of the two we believe?
I feel like there's a better chance we end the game today voting you, or if you're a misyeet, moving on to the best person (maybe Lawpy tomorrow unless other night results help us here) tomorrow.
so, if you're a wolf, what stops you from checking me tonight, and the tomorrow saying I'm a wolf? At that point, village has to choose correctly between you and I or village losesI'm assuming April has used it before since she knew exactly what I was referring to.
You're literally the only investigative role alive outside of me that I'm aware of. So everything would be balanced upon your word.
I don't feel comfortable letting that be the decider. If Lawpy dies for some reason today, I'm checking you.
Also, if we get to f3, I doubt we will lose. Don't forget cubs seems to be kill-immune.
That's why it's integral I live to f4. Whatever result I give will out the last wolf and village will not lose.We need to further discuss this situation now:
If village sacrifices me and i flip village, who will be most likely to be wolf? AM? What if she's village? What if she's wolf who played well? What if it's cubs who's coasting along with aprils votes?
See the situation? We're in F6 now and resolving me will likely lead to a much worse F4 situation.
With the way the Sporty and TME flips went, we really need to step back and think before blindly jumping onto another least villagey villager.
I don't know how to avoid your yeet though.
I mean if i'm doomed to be a village sacrifice thanks to the restoration of 2020 sub persecution, it's much better to sacrifice me now and not drag me to mylo, make up more absurd conspiracy theories in the disastrous Warriors-type fashion and cost village the game.I would strongly advocate for no yeeting, but as that's not an option at all, and I don't feel comfortable voting Lawpy, I'm at a standstill for what to do.
I can do this, but explain how it prevents things falling into a shambles? Does it not help the remaining wolf to know who I am blocking?Cray should announce who she is blocking before the night cycle ends then. That would prevent things from falling into shambles.
Village will not lose in this situation. It's mechanically impossible. I will not be laying it out on thread though because it's balanced on wolfy ignorance.so, if you're a wolf, what stops you from checking me tonight, and the tomorrow saying I'm a wolf? At that point, village has to choose correctly between you and I or village loses
Even if I got successfully got you misyeeted as a wolf here, I would still lose as a wolf.
That's the issue, right? Am I thinking about this correctly? If we misyeet today AND tomorrow, we've probably lost the game, right?That's why it's integral I live to f4. Whatever result I give will out the last wolf and village will not lose.
I don't know how to avoid your yeet though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's probably the best bet because the deranged anti-Lawpy conspiracy theories will get worse. I just don't know why we're intending on a village sacrifice now rather than seriously considering the problem of bussing, but if i'm doomed either way, best to put an end to my misery and sign a statement of regret in the tot chat for volunteering to step in.That's why it's integral I live to f4. Whatever result I give will out the last wolf and village will not lose.
I don't know how to avoid your yeet though.
Yes but i think it's better to sacrifice me now and not AMThat's the issue, right? Am I thinking about this correctly? If we misyeet today AND tomorrow, we've probably lost the game, right?
Because there aren't two wolves left. There is one wolf, so I can only lie about a villager and be outted as soon as they flip or I can tell the truth about a villager and go from there.If you say someone is village, how do we know that's the truth and to leave you alone?
I really need to think through the strategy of if you're wolf and claim someone is wolf/villager, what happens, if you're villager and claim someone is wolf/villager, what happens.... like all the possibilities because I really need to be sure that leaving you until tomorrow doesn't bone us. It really seems like if we leave you until tomorrow no matter what you say we'll be forced to choose between you and whoever else...
If you seer someone tomorrow as a wolf, what do you expect us to do about it? At that point don't we have to debate which of the two we believe?
I feel like there's a better chance we end the game today voting you, or if you're a misyeet, moving on to the best person (maybe Lawpy tomorrow unless other night results help us here) tomorrow.
If I seer someone as a wolf, we found our wolves and the game is salvagable. We yeet them and village wins.
If you misyeet me today, village could lose if the wolf is not exactly in you/Lawpy because apparently the POE is too big right now. And without my seering, I don't think village's chances are very positive.
@Animal Midwife are you in favor of 12/12 now? I'm seriously considering on being sacrificed now since it's better than getting sacrificed in mylo
Its 1:5 right nowI think a village misyeet will sent the next day to mylo
Misyeet plus NK --> 1:3 mylo tomorrow
I think i'm stuck facing a giant anti-Lawpy truck that's going to run me over either way.
The one issue in this logic, is that if you lie about a villager and they flip and you are outted, it doesn't matter you'll win the game. If you tell the truth about a villager, I still don't know how this helps us make the right choices tomorrow.Because there aren't two wolves left. There is one wolf, so I can only lie about a villager and be outted as soon as they flip or I can tell the truth about a villager and go from there.
If I seer someone as a wolf, we found our wolves and the game is salvagable. We yeet them and village wins.
If you misyeet me today, village could lose if the wolf is not exactly in you/Lawpy because apparently the POE is too big right now. And without my seering, I don't think village's chances are very positive.
Likely if I'm the misyeet today. Possible, but less likely if I'm the misyeet tomorrow.That's the issue, right? Am I thinking about this correctly? If we misyeet today AND tomorrow, we've probably lost the game, right?
This is why i think a no yeet is the ideal answer for this.The one issue in this logic, is that if you lie about a villager and they flip and you are outted, it doesn't matter you'll win the game. If you tell the truth about a villager, I still don't know how this helps us make the right choices tomorrow.
Not that I'm trying to shade April, I'm just wondering why she's more clear than I am to you.
I guess we've been thinking a lot along the same lines, she just as hardcore voted mel as I did, and in PMs she was vouched for. You were as well, but I dont have quite as many gameplay village points for you. I still think it has to be Lawpy or AM. I started going down the AM road and got told it couldnt be her. So Im willing to vote Lawpy today. Unfortunately i dont think you can block her again tonight to see what happens.
I am not. I'm for 36/12 for the reason you gave earlier. I honestly think village would have already long lost this game if it was 12/12 from the start, so that's my feelings on things.@Animal Midwife are you in favor of 12/12 now? I'm seriously considering on being sacrificed now since it's better than getting sacrificed in mylo
Dude, I am not voting you, and I totally get that this is frustrating, but rather than talking this out with me, so I'm not just talking this out for AM, who I'm voting, I feel like instead of helping THINK you're being emotionally manipulative. Honestly all my rational thinking is putting my vote on AM, but what you're doing now actually feels wolfy af.I think i'm stuck facing a giant anti-Lawpy truck that's going to run me over either way.
Please knock it off and if you're village, help us see why the right thing to do is yeet someone else, preferably the actual wolf. Unless it's you.
Yes but i don't know if people are going to budgeI am not. I'm for 36/12 for the reason you gave earlier. I honestly think village would have already long lost this game if it was 12/12 from the start, so that's my feelings on things.
The game rules don't allow it.This is why i think a no yeet is the ideal answer for this.
We could vote AM today, cray blocks LAwpy tonight?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I can't block her tonight.I guess we've been thinking a lot along the same lines, she just as hardcore voted mel as I did, and in PMs she was vouched for. You were as well, but I dont have quite as many gameplay village points for you. I still think it has to be Lawpy or AM. I started going down the AM road and got told it couldnt be her. So Im willing to vote Lawpy today. Unfortunately i dont think you can block her again tonight to see what happens.
The thing is you should have been ability-less last night too, so that's why your yeet is as fair as AM's when it comes to last night's mechanics. I do not think the no wolf kill night was intentional.Uh shorty wasn't always right though. But what do you make of Cray blocking AM in a no wolf kill night? Are you thinking the no wolf kill was intentional?
Hopefully we can get the most out of this cycle so tomorrow is simple. I'd rather not anyone dies in vain.Yes but i don't know if people are going to budge
Was the night action performed on Cray by April ever fully explained?
I'm literally trying but at the same time, i'm also factoring in the Lawpy vs AM situation here by pointing out if the POE in fact narrows down to us two, then yeeting me is a better sacrifice than yeeting AM.Dude, I am not voting you, and I totally get that this is frustrating, but rather than talking this out with me, so I'm not just talking this out for AM, who I'm voting, I feel like instead of helping THINK you're being emotionally manipulative. Honestly all my rational thinking is putting my vote on AM, but what you're doing now actually feels wolfy af.
Please knock it off and if you're village, help us see why the right thing to do is yeet someone else, preferably the actual wolf. Unless it's you.
I've been fully insisting on a bussing possibility but it looks like not many are willing to consider that
No, but I don't think it's necessary to be on thread at this point.Was the night action performed on Cray by April ever fully explained?
Also the issue with blocking Lawpy, is what if the wolves do a no kill night just to ensure he's the misyeet tomorrow? If he is village he won't be able to investigate anyone if I block him.I guess we've been thinking a lot along the same lines, she just as hardcore voted mel as I did, and in PMs she was vouched for. You were as well, but I dont have quite as many gameplay village points for you. I still think it has to be Lawpy or AM. I started going down the AM road and got told it couldnt be her. So Im willing to vote Lawpy today. Unfortunately i dont think you can block her again tonight to see what happens.
Did anyone who's here play with AM the most recent time she wolfed? What did that look like? I think I only have GGoats as a reference point and she was extremely obvious to me then. I don't think she'd play that way again so that makes it really hard for me to know what to look for in wolf!AM when it's not blatantly obvious.
Wait you think cubs disables nightkills?The thing is you should have been ability-less last night too, so that's why your yeet is as fair as AM's when it comes to last night's mechanics. I do not think the no wolf kill night was intentional.
How is Cubs kill immune? Do we seriously think that a factional NK on him would be disabled by his ability?
My ability description specifically says that the persons ACTION would be blocked. doesnt distinguish between just ability or all actions.
If optional wolf kills are a thing, i'd only believe no yeets should be fairAlso the issue with blocking Lawpy, is what if the wolves do a no kill night just to ensure he's the misyeet tomorrow? If he is village he won't be able to investigate anyone if I block him.
@cubsrule4e does your role description give much info about the extent it disables someone? Does it make them completely useless for a night? Or does it specifically say night ability, or something else?The issue with Lawpy, and even AM conceded it would be OP, is would acting on Cubs really take away wolf factional kill or just the ability. I lean to the latter.
Lol nevermindMy ability description specifically says that the persons ACTION would be blocked. doesnt distinguish between just ability or all actions.
@supershorty I'm curious what your thoughts are on AM now that we have new info
I didn't say this to Mel, because I wasn't positive of my read plus the heavy emotional manip was getting to me, and frankly I didn't want to get into it with him, one of the least fun (but it is highly engaging) things that can happen in a game is when we go full blast on each other, but the main reason I suspected he was a wolf and didn't engage (and yes, sometimes if I am really concerned someone is wolf, I will actually avoid fighting with them sometimes, because there's no point in arguing too much with a wolf) with him as deeply, was because at some point I felt he was doing more to emotionally manipulate than to engage in the game solving discussions.Yes but i don't know if people are going to budge
If you're village, you should have a vested interest in thinking through what AM is proposing and helping me figure out if we're playing into a wolf plot or if it really will help us figure out the game.
The analysis we're doing here is very similar to what we did in the game with Alpha Dubz. Cubs and I were both under heavy suspicion but we just kept trying to gamesolve and figure out where to vote and it went a long way to avoiding misyeet and doing the right thing.
Be part of the solution, not the problem.
Offering to be a sacrifice isn't really helping either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Getting caught up now, need a few minutes to get through the last 2 pages. My head is spinning right now.@supershorty I'm curious what your thoughts are on AM now that we have new info
I only got the chance to make two items so the only ones that were ever in circulation were the one that you got and the one that AM got. N1 = night cancel, N2 = your item, N3 = I fell asleep before I could submit a night action, N4 = AM's item. If the item works as intended, it will tell AM the affiliation of anyone she chooses to use it on. I don't know if it's a loud or silent action, that's for the mods to decide.Also, if we yeet Lawpy and the game doesn't end, what is going to help us decide tomorrow if AM is telling the truth with the item or not? Has anyone had a night result consistent with an item being used on them? The item I used only worked on myself, it wasn't an item I could use on someone else.
I think I replied saying it might not work, but I'm thinking some more.We could vote AM today, cray blocks LAwpy tonight?
Yes, and i think what AM saying makes sense and yeeting her now may not be the best move. That means we need to consider the bussing possibility, which i think is unlikely but i guess i can work on making a case, even though it's something i have already said for a whileI didn't say this to Mel, because I wasn't positive of my read plus the heavy emotional manip was getting to me, and frankly I didn't want to get into it with him, one of the least fun (but it is highly engaging) things that can happen in a game is when we go full blast on each other, but the main reason I suspected he was a wolf and didn't engage (and yes, sometimes if I am really concerned someone is wolf, I will actually avoid fighting with them sometimes, because there's no point in arguing too much with a wolf) with him as deeply, was because at some point I felt he was doing more to emotionally manipulate than to engage in the game solving discussions.
If you're village, you should have a vested interest in thinking through what AM is proposing and helping me figure out if we're playing into a wolf plot or if it really will help us figure out the game.
The analysis we're doing here is very similar to what we did in the game with Alpha Dubz. Cubs and I were both under heavy suspicion but we just kept trying to gamesolve and figure out where to vote and it went a long way to avoiding misyeet and doing the right thing.
Be part of the solution, not the problem.
Offering to be a sacrifice isn't really helping either.
Again if no yeet is an option, we should do that now, see what AM thinks of and decide the next day
Similar threads
- Replies
- 160
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 139
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 68K
- Replies
- 4K
- Views
- 174K