WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I’m not saying it never happens. I’m saying it’s rare enough where a crossvote should not automatically be “oho she voted me after I voted her so I automatically feel vindicated”
It's not rare. I think even calling it uncommon is the furthest might be stretching, but that may because they were part memorable plays of boldness for me this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a quick look at post counts suggests Mel and MsP are in danger of modkill, though it looks like mel is actively catching up

MsP if you're village it would be great for you to pop back on thread and keep yourselfe alive (also i guess if you're wolf you'd wanna do that too, but I'm okay with a wolf getting modkilled personally)
 
What exactly do you want me to base reads on, with 3 pages of content, absent something like a rojo? If I'd been targeting low posters, I would have wolf read the 3 people at the bottom who basically hadn't posted at all.

Try harder, Mel.
What I'm saying is your signal to noise ratio was low. If you'd posted just the reads that weren't feels or long rambly ways of saying "tone read", I'd be more convinced that you're wolf hunting and not fabricating.
 
What I'm saying is your signal to noise ratio was low. If you'd posted just the reads that weren't feels or long rambly ways of saying "tone read", I'd be more convinced that you're wolf hunting and not fabricating.
You want to see my D1 reads lists from every other village game I've played?
 
TL;DR: Your reads boil down to feels, some eh reasoning for alley and please, and targetting low-posters in a game that had only 3 pages until today.

Now who's doing something without really doing something?

I had the same initial thought about TME's Msp quote post but it was a very conspicuous post. It was highly likely someone would pressure TME for follow up on it, so if TME is a wolf then he would have to actually have a read prepared to keep up the charade. It would have been much easier to just post his follow up read and remain off of people's radar.

You know whats a good way to get village cred as a wolf? Push an obvious line of questioning before anyone else can.
I don't really agree with this. You say 3 pages, but it's also been 24 hours at this point. That's 2/3 of the cycle gone.
 
It's not rare. I think even calling it uncommon is the furthest might be stretching, but that may because they were part memorable plays of boldness for me this year.
Frankly, I have never seen it memorably enough so you would have to legit go and get stats like “happened x number of times in this game” for every single game in the last 2 years. I’m not convinced it would be greater than 10-20% of the games we play
 
How convenient that you ask me about one of the only things I’m caught up on

I think it’s NAI. I can see her making the justification as a villager and just as easily faking it as a wolf.

I’m trying to decide if this post from you sounds weird. Too busy at work. Will contemplate later. Who knows when later will be.
talk to me more about why shorty sounds weird
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Clink Clank Clunk, Something’s On The Move D1 Tally

Enigma () -
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
MsP (1) - genny
sporty (1) - cray
pleasy () -
mel (1) - April
april (1) - Bob
Genny (1) - Cubs
Alley (1) - Pleasy
Cray (1) - Sporty
Bob (2) - shorty, AM

11/14 votes
Leading: @cubsrule4e & @BobLoblaw78
Missing: @TelemarketingEnigma @Melchizedek @Ms Procrastinator
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~ 35 minutes)


sawtooth-gif.343856
 
this is the part that is no fun because i don't have great wolf feels yet but i gotta voooote

i think i feel best about pleasey, even though the defense of me felt weird i think it may have been a legitimate brain fart about my RvB yeet. everything else feels pretty village

shorty i have been waffling on, because it feels like she's hedging and taking back all her reads (oh the irony of me saying that) but otherwise feels like she's playing how i remember her villaging

i think i feel worst about maybe genny?? but i always feel bad about genny and its for no good reason other than feels and it looks like she's coasting in just over the post minimum

interested to see how Mel's catchup continues

of the leading contenders (with two whole votes) I feel worse about bob than cubs but cubs is pretty neutral for me atm
 
Post 2

Never really got a vibe from AM not pressure voting me. Why would she? I haven't played in a while. Her not pressure voting me didn't give me weird feels. Her reason for not doing so was a bit meh. She doesn't usually reach the "well she's gonna die from low posting anyways" stage until about day 2.
This post irritates me. "AM doesn't ping me" but still throws sketch her way.
 
this is the part that is no fun because i don't have great wolf feels yet but i gotta voooote

i think i feel best about pleasey, even though the defense of me felt weird i think it may have been a legitimate brain fart about my RvB yeet. everything else feels pretty village

shorty i have been waffling on, because it feels like she's hedging and taking back all her reads (oh the irony of me saying that) but otherwise feels like she's playing how i remember her villaging

i think i feel worst about maybe genny?? but i always feel bad about genny and its for no good reason other than feels and it looks like she's coasting in just over the post minimum

interested to see how Mel's catchup continues

of the leading contenders (with two whole votes) I feel worse about bob than cubs but cubs is pretty neutral for me atm
You still don't have to participate in either/or regardless of how close anyone is. VCA is most useful when everyone votes for their strongest wolf read in the early cycles.
 
The post just pinged me. She hasn’t played in long enough where I don’t trust my immediate read and want to check old games. Just not gonna happen til at least Thursday.

What about it pinged you as weird? She seemed to be asking everyone questions. I didn't think the question she asked you was that weird.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Clink Clank Clunk, Something’s On The Move D1 Tally

Enigma () -
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
MsP (1) - genny
sporty (1) - cray
pleasy () -
mel (1) - April
april (1) - Bob
Genny (2) - Cubs, TME
Alley (1) - Pleasy
Cray (1) - Sporty
Bob (2) - shorty, AM

11/14 votes
Leading: 3 Way Tie
Missing: @Melchizedek @Ms Procrastinator
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~ 35 minutes)


sawtooth-gif.343856
 
I'm starting to get a wolfy read on Cubs. And it's not just the standard Cubs paranoia, because my paranoia was at an 11 last game and I still didn't misyeet him at end game and wrongfully suspect him. Not saying that makes me an expert reading him, just saying I don't think I'm especially prone to sus him just based on others sussing him. Feel like I'm coming to this conclusion and it's not just an echo of others' sus (which in general is something I can fall prey to).

Anyway your post here makes a good point on cubs, and his SP logic is weird to me too.

SP wasn’t logic, it was my own personal reading history of her, just like everyone else has with other players.
 
This is pretty hedgy, and IME, hedgy pleasy is village!pleasy. But she gets wolf read for it a lot (see: Bioshock).


This is also pretty hedgy, but that's kind of NAI for TME. I haven't played with her when she wolfed, I totted that game, but I know I've incorrectly wolf leaned her in previous games for hedginess and she turned out to be village. And like I said earlier, I felt a little better about her after she explained her thoughts.


Idk exactly why, but this felt a little weird to me.


What pinged you about alley?


This post pinged me because the tail end of it reminded me of some of my interactions with cubs in CYO II. It's twisting what I said or did to be something that is close, but not actually what I was saying. The one thing giving me pause is I've never actually played with cubs when he was village - CYO II was the only game I've played with him at all (unless I'm forgetting one, but I don't think so?), and he was scum in that game. So I don't have any prior interactions with him that I can compare the way I do with people I've played with more. I didn't love his logic about Sporty being absent and that giving him a village lean on her, but other people have already touched on that.

I’ve never heard anyone ever say that “hedgy” can be anything but wolfy. Because I take the same approach, ananalyzing both good and bad points about the player then weighing them against each other. But get called wolfy for it. Interesting that you give her a “village meta” for it.
 
I’ve never heard anyone ever say that “hedgy” can be anything but wolfy. Because I take the same approach, ananalyzing both good and bad points about the player then weighing them against each other. But get called wolfy for it. Interesting that you give her a “village meta” for it.
Wrongly wolf-read a particular person for something enough times, learn some lessons from it about them.
 
Alley-salt yeeted cubs. She has been posting okay so far.

April- Wondered why AM threw out a random yeet on enigma. Think this started the whole AM vote scrutiny thing. She has been posting okay so far.

Sporty- Was part of the AM/ MsP echo. Seems okay so far compared to the other games I’ve played with her (posting more), but Idk kinda getting a vibe. She’s getting feels from Shorty because shorty asked her a question about something she brought up on thread.

AM- says she doesn’t have to worry about pressuring me this game in response because low posters are mechanically killed. Seems okay so far. I’m getting more annoyed than wolfy vibes here

Shorty- Seems to be playing okay so far. Asking okay questions. Was one of the people that jumped on the why isn’t AM yeeting MsP like usual train.

Dina-Yeets april because she isn’t all over her like her village self would be. Noted she could also just be quiet. Unyeeted her because her contributions were starting to make her feel better about her. Agree. Her contributions were okay so far.

Bob- his defense of mel seems a bit weird since the game just started, not taking it too seriously. Seems like a joke vote. He’s meh so far. I have no idea what his wolf meta is like.

Enigma- The AM/MsP convo list is okay. She’s in a weird tunnel. Seems too tunnelly to not be village.
 
I’ve never heard anyone ever say that “hedgy” can be anything but wolfy. Because I take the same approach, ananalyzing both good and bad points about the player then weighing them against each other. But get called wolfy for it. Interesting that you give her a “village meta” for it.
Hedginess can be wolfy as a general player quality but does not have to be wolfy as a part of someone's meta
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alley-salt yeeted cubs. She has been posting okay so far.

April- Wondered why AM threw out a random yeet on enigma. Think this started the whole AM vote scrutiny thing. She has been posting okay so far.

Sporty- Was part of the AM/ MsP echo. Seems okay so far compared to the other games I’ve played with her (posting more), but Idk kinda getting a vibe. She’s getting feels from Shorty because shorty asked her a question about something she brought up on thread.

AM- says she doesn’t have to worry about pressuring me this game in response because low posters are mechanically killed. Seems okay so far. I’m getting more annoyed than wolfy vibes here

Shorty- Seems to be playing okay so far. Asking okay questions. Was one of the people that jumped on the why isn’t AM yeeting MsP like usual train.

Dina-Yeets april because she isn’t all over her like her village self would be. Noted she could also just be quiet. Unyeeted her because her contributions were starting to make her feel better about her. Agree. Her contributions were okay so far.

Bob- his defense of mel seems a bit weird since the game just started, not taking it too seriously. Seems like a joke vote. He’s meh so far. I have no idea what his wolf meta is like.

Enigma- The AM/MsP convo list is okay. She’s in a weird tunnel. Seems too tunnelly to not be village.
So is Sporty your only wolfread here?