WW 101 - SDN Farm - Beginner's WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just reread my post. Apparently I'm really bad with names today. Beagleholly, not Jennabeagle lol At least I know it's beagle something?

Members don't see this ad.

Great minds ;) I'm really tempted to lynch ES again right away because then we'll know for sure if we actually need to kill all the wolves before her or if she's just bluffing. I, unfortunately, also need to continue voting for her until she's dead, but if enough people want to lynch Beagle it really doesn't matter. All of the seers/blockers/etc that I've had conversations with have been suspicious of Beagle for a while, so I feel like she's as good a bet as we've got.
It's a very blatant bluff. The fake tail is the only reason she got away. If we kill ES that's one less mind they have plotting with them. I see absolutely zero reason to keep ES alive.

Evilsquirrel dies.

Okay, about to head to vet school formal, but I want to mention a few things before I go.

It is possible that ES is not lying and that he is the alpha wolf and therefore must be killed last. So, if we fail to lynch ES again "today", we will likely lose another villager "tonight". Worst case scenario, we get a conversion. I think we definitely have 2 wolves (including ES) but probably have 3 still alive. If ES avoids lynch, then I say we go for beagle holly next.

lynch Evilsquirrel

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, about to head to vet school formal, but I want to mention a few things before I go.

It is possible that ES is not lying and that he is the alpha wolf and therefore must be killed last. So, if we fail to lynch ES again "today", we will likely lose another villager "tonight". Worst case scenario, we get a conversion. I think we definitely have 2 wolves (including ES) but probably have 3 still alive. If ES avoids lynch, then I say we go for beagle holly next.

lynch Evilsquirrel
I agree with this. If she has a lynch avoidance chances are it's just one. If we don't get her this time it's probably best if we move on to beagleholly.

Evilsquirrel and beagleholly were the last two on my spreadsheet that were red (red = very wolfy... yes, I color coded my spreadsheet). I vote we lynch beagleholly once we get ES. Of course, there may be converted wolves, but I think these are the last two of the original wolves.

1) Beagleholly never defended a villager (or maybe only when it was a villager who was sure to be lynched, and it was too late for the defense to help - i left my spreadsheet at home so I can't be sure).

2) She voted for ES and Jayna but only after they were outed by epi. A wolf would not continue to defend someone who was seered as a wolf.

3) She never voted for kittyy (kittyy was never a clear bandwagon - we still had people voting for haxx, so it was less clear that a wolf could vote for kittyy without accidentally help us lynch her).

4) She posts often enough to not look suspicious, but generally hasn't contributed good strategy posts.

5) When she votes, she generally puts her vote in for someone who already has several votes, so she doesn't stand out.

Two people are still black on my spreadsheet (black = not too suspicious, but I'm not sure they're villagers). Crystal and rww. I doubt they are original wolves though, because their posting/voting pattern is not bland enough for a wolf. They stand out a little more by being one of the first to vote for someone who was not a confirmed wolf. Crystal was the first to vote for sandcat or rww I think, in one of the more recent days. Not really wolfy. Rww has made a couple non-wolfy votes/posts I think, but the details are on my spreadsheet at home.

tumblr_mdiifkwAJp1rp11mn.gif

Reactions: 3 users
13636244461158290674.GIF

I haven’t really defended anyone, because my ability is pretty useless, so I’m trying to vote based on what other people with more knowledge are voting. Plus, I haven't had too much time to obsessively Excel everything.
I’d be happy to role reveal after ES is gone, if it’ll calm y’all down.
I think a lot of people are voting similarly to me.
The whole Kittyy/haxx thing was a 50/50 thing. I didn’t really have any suspicions either way.
Again, I don’t have a good strategy, since there is so little information shared, so I don’t have much to go on.
Last vote, I think I voted for someone who only had one vote first? Or something?
I still think we should be checking out people who post a lot, since they seem to avoid serious consideration.

Reactions: 1 user
13636244461158290674.GIF

I haven’t really defended anyone, because my ability is pretty useless, so I’m trying to vote based on what other people with more knowledge are voting. Plus, I haven't had too much time to obsessively Excel everything.
The whole Kittyy/haxx thing was a 50/50 thing. I didn’t really have any suspicions either way.
Again, I don’t have a good strategy, since there is so little information shared, so I don’t have much to go on.
Last vote, I think I voted for someone who only had one vote first? Or something?
I still think we should be checking out people who post a lot, since they seem to avoid serious consideration.
The heavy posters have pretty much been cleared in one way or another. Once ES hangs, if we just stick to lynching everyone we are not certain is not a wolf, we should win, barring conversions. Nothing personal, but we're ending this STAT.

Why do we have to wait until ES is gone? Even after she is gone we'll likely still have 2 or so wolves to get through (if she is bluffing about the alpha thing), so there really won't be much of a difference between revealing now and later.

Why do we have to wait until ES is gone? Even after she is gone we'll likely still have 2 or so wolves to get through (if she is bluffing about the alpha thing), so there really won't be much of a difference between revealing now and later.

Yeah, there will be, because everyone always gets suspicious when people role reveal early, since that means they're overly nervous, or something like that.

13636244461158290674.GIF

Having no ability doesn't really matter. Only one of us really had a seer role, so the rest of us have been basing our defenses of villagers by their actions and posts. BI has an extra ability, but it still doesn't tell her for sure what someone is, she has to base her decisions on information people give her. Everyone else has done something non-wolfy enough to make me think that they were not original wolves, whether or not they had a useful ability.

The haxx/kittyy thing went on for a while, so there were multiple chances to vote on that. Most people voted for both of them at some point, but you consistently voted haxx (or aggie, when aggie was in the lead - in that case, aggie was a better choice to hide a vote than haxx). The other two people with a similar voting pattern both turned out to be wolves.

The last vote was for Evilsquirrel. Yes, you were second to vote for ES. The first person to vote for es was epi, who knew from her seer results that es was a wolf. She said that on the thread before you voted. Of course, everyone voted for ES after that, so it doesn't mean much either way that you voted es. My spreadsheet kind of ignores whether people voted for es or didn't vote at all that cycle, because once she was seered both wolves and villagers would vote to lynch her.

I'm glad you're getting a chance to give a defense, and it probably would be a good idea to role reveal at some point. You said your role's ability is "pretty useless", so if you are a villager, you wouldn't be helping the wolves by revealing it. I'm sticking with my theory at this point, because it's the same type of analysis that has worked so far.

Yeah, there will be, because everyone always gets suspicious when people role reveal early, since that means they're overly nervous, or something like that.
People also get suspicious if someone doesn't role reveal for a seemingly good reason. You've got three people that are putting some pressure on you, and if your role really is pretty useless then it really won't matter one way or another.

Members don't see this ad :)
*when someone doesn't role reveal when they're being pressured to for seemingly good reasons. Brain no worky tonight :p

(?sdrawkcab klat ot evah llits I od) D: zyug smaxe htiw enod I ,swen rehto nI

Official Lynch Tally

ES - 8 (BI, MJ, rww, willows, CL, haxx, GIT, mags)

I dunno deadline. I'm on phone in middle of Ireland.

Official Lynch Tally

ES - 8 (BI, MJ, rww, willows, CL, haxx, GIT, mags)

I dunno deadline. I'm on phone in middle of Ireland.

Per SOV's write-up, whenever consensus was reached. :D

Go, villagers, go!

Per SOV's write-up, whenever consensus was reached. :D

Go, villagers, go!
We have enough votes and unanimity to close.. but I would like to give ES one last chance to try to dissuade you.

@evilsquirrel …..you are about to be lynch… come and be heard.

Also missing votes:
@wildchild210
@remi4301 (you missed yesterday completely….. need you to participate today).
@Beagleholly

Lynch *****es*****
Sorry, out of town actually checking out the school I'll be attending as well as frantically looking for a home. Buying a home when you live in another state is a big ol pain in the bum.

Lynch *****es*****
Sorry, out of town actually checking out the school I'll be attending as well as frantically looking for a home. Buying a home when you live in another state is a big ol pain in the bum.
I've done it cross country a few times… Actually, i find it easier. Look for a bunch of places on one weekend, make immediate decision. No waffling possible!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to be gone probably until around 3:30 or so. I'll try to keep checking from my phone.

I'm working a 12 today and a 16 tomorrow in the MICU, probably won't be posting much, aside from some celebration at ES' s demise.

I like you ES, why must we be enemies!
wryyy.gif

I will be able to role reveal if you still suspect me after this l cycle, but I really think we should focus on people who were cleared. Wolves would probably convert people who were cleared, since they could fly under the radar longer. If you were cleared early on, you still have had plenty of time to be converted.

I will be able to role reveal if you still suspect me after this l cycle, but I really think we should focus on people who were cleared. Wolves would probably convert people who were cleared, since they could fly under the radar longer. If you were cleared early on, you still have had plenty of time to be converted.
But if we lynch everyone that wasn't cleared, that will leave a majority that were already cleared, a maximum of one of which is a wolf. Whereas, if we start lynching clear people, there might not even be a covert for one, and even if there is, the ratio of remaining trustworthy people to wolves is much worse than if we had gone the other way with things. Logically, it just makes sense to deal with the unknowns first.

Or, those who were cleared seemed more suspicious in the first place, so were checked. Why would wolves convert someone with my posting history, when they could convert someone more entertaining/useful, and who had a precedent for good theories beforehand? They'd be more trustworthy and survive longer.

But if we lynch everyone that wasn't cleared, that will leave a majority that were already cleared, a maximum of one of which is a wolf. Whereas, if we start lynching clear people, there might not even be a covert for one, and even if there is, the ratio of remaining trustworthy people to wolves is much worse than if we had gone the other way with things. Logically, it just makes sense to deal with the unknowns first.
r

Or, those who were cleared seemed more suspicious in the first place, so were checked. Why would wolves convert someone with my posting history, when they could convert someone more entertaining/useful, and who had a precedent for good theories beforehand? They'd be more trustworthy and survive longer.

r
My point is, there IS a wolf in the suspicious ranks and there MIGHT be a wolf in the unsuspicious ones. It is best to go after a known unknown than an unknown unknown, then if we get one more wolf and find ourselves still playing with only cleared people, we play it by ear.

My point is, there IS a wolf in the suspicious ranks and there MIGHT be a wolf in the unsuspicious ones. It is best to go after a known unknown than an unknown unknown, then if we get one more wolf and find ourselves still playing with only cleared people, we play it by ear.
Wait- How do we know there's a wolf in the "suspicious ranks?"

Official Lynch Tally

ES - 11 (BI, MJ, rww, willows, CL, haxx, GIT, mags,remi, bagle, WC)

Missing votes: @evilsquirrel

It's a shame ES is skipping her own lynch.
But we have waited long enough.

Last edited:
Wait- How do we know there's a wolf in the "suspicious ranks?"
Because with our number of players the minimum number of wolves is four. The people we know to be clear were clear at the start of the game, thus the original fourth wolf has to be among the people that weren't cleared. If we have a fifth convert, we deal with them after we find number 4.

Official Lynch Tally

ES - 11 (BI, MJ, rww, willows, CL, haxx, GIT, mags,remi, bagle, WC)

Missing votes: @evilsquirrel

It's a shame ES is skipping his own lynch.
But we have waited long enough.
She got tired of people forgetting she's female ;)
*********=

Reactions: 2 users
The villagers demand the justice that had been denied them yesterday. Today they send someone who won't BS around, Nyanko. She is kind of annoyed to bother with a fox, she has much more important stuff to do, in fact she is heading over to a hockey game later in the day. She heads out to the fields to drag back the now tailless fox. When she gets near her, Evilsquirrel laughs nervously, and tells her "you will never be able to catch me, I am too small, and I have no tail to grab on to". Nyanko surveys the field and heads towards ES, but every time she gets within a few feet, ES darts away. After a few attempts like this, Nyanko is turning red in the face and looks like she about to go nuclear. A fierce look darkens her face, and anyone who has played against her knows that this is her game face. She walks slowly towards ES, but this time, right before ES takes off, Nyanko whips out her hockey stick and uses ES like a puck, and quickly winds up and takes a wicked swing..... it is a slap shot... and ES gets propelled throught the air, about 10 yards and whomps into a tree. Nyanko victoriously heads over and smashes the fox in the head an extra time to make sure she doesn't get away. She then carries ES back to the center of farm and drops her at Samoa's feet. "Here. Execute her," Nyanko states unfeelingly. "Too late," Samoa replies, "looks like you were a little overzealous, that one is never getting up again. You dp know you are supposed to bring em back alive!."
Nyanko then retorts "Well at least she isn't going to escape this time, is she?" Nyanko grins as if to say ... "Now THAT's the way you do it".

You have lynched Evilsquirrel, the fox, whose wily ways allowed her to escape one lynch.

The farm animals know that their job is still not done. Constant vigilance is the phrase of the day. If they can just keep lynching correctly, everything will turn out fine. Won't it?

It is Night 9. PM deadline 3pm. Let's get this back on track.

There are 11 people in the game.

The Living Players:
3- @Crystalight33
6- @WillowLeaf
8- @wildchild210
10- @Beagleholly
14- @Haxx
15- @grossly_incandescent
19- @remi4301
22- @brightimpressio
24- @Rwwilliams
23- @Mad Jack,
21- @magbags,

The animals sent to the rendering plant, or the necropsy table, or have departed the farm life etc etc.
4- @UFprevet12, peacock
13- @SV88, herding dog
16- @rxelle, mouse
7- @bluesails, goose
9- @aggiegirl88, chicken
17- @GellaBella, lamb
1- @WildZoo, cow
2- @JaynaAli, Bear, (were)wolf.
11- @Ashgirl, piglet
20- @kittyy, wolf, (were)wolf
12- @98cats (aka the player formerly known as sand_cat), goat
18- @epivetlove, pig
5- @evilsquirrel, fox

NOTE: Links to all results and all write-ups can be found on the bottom of post #1 of this thread for your reference: #1
Use it or lose it!

Reactions: 1 users
Another one bites the dust!

Because with our number of players the minimum number of wolves is four. The people we know to be clear were clear at the start of the game, thus the original fourth wolf has to be among the people that weren't cleared. If we have a fifth convert, we deal with them after we find number 4.
How do we know the number is 4? If you just start killing people randomly like this, you're lowering the number of villagers and making it easier for the wolves to win.

r
But we don't think you converted, we think you were an original wolf. Three wolves seems too few for the number of players in this game, so I think there were at least four.

How do we know the number is 4? If you just start killing people randomly like this, you're lowering the number of villagers and making it easier for the wolves to win.
There could be five. I. Which case they still would have been in the unknowns initially and we should get them both. A sixth would have been converted in this instance, which we can sort out later.

Alright, fine y'all. Role reveal time.

I am a barn cat, but no fearsome beast like everyone assumed. My main role was to find the mouse and once I did, I got a special PM ability. However, rxelle was the mouse and was lynched early on. I never voted to lynch her, even when she was the clear majority. So I never got my special role :(.

Oh, sorry, to make this very clear, I am a villager cat, not a Wolfy cat. The only power I have involved rxelle, so now that's she gone I can't really affect anyone via night pm.

The villagers demand the justice that had been denied them yesterday. Today they send someone who won't BS around, Nyanko. She is kind of annoyed to bother with a fox, she has much more important stuff to do, in fact she is heading over to a hockey game later in the day. She heads out to the fields to drag back the now tailless fox. When she gets near her, Evilsquirrel laughs nervously, and tells her "you will never be able to catch me, I am too small, and I have no tail to grab on to". Nyanko surveys the field and heads towards ES, but every time she gets within a few feet, ES darts away. After a few attempts like this, Nyanko is turning red in the face and looks like she about to go nuclear. A fierce look darkens her face, and anyone who has played against her knows that this is her game face. She walks slowly towards ES, but this time, right before ES takes off, Nyanko whips out her hockey stick and uses ES like a puck, and quickly winds up and takes a wicked swing..... it is a slap shot... and ES gets propelled throught the air, about 10 yards and whomps into a tree. Nyanko victoriously heads over and smashes the fox in the head an extra time to make sure she doesn't get away. She then carries ES back to the center of farm and drops her at Samoa's feet. "Here. Execute her," Nyanko states unfeelingly. "Too late," Samoa replies, "looks like you were a little overzealous, that one is never getting up again. You dp know you are supposed to bring em back alive!."
Nyanko then retorts "Well at least she isn't going to escape this time, is she?" Nyanko grins as if to say ... "Now THAT's the way you do it".

You have lynched Evilsquirrel, the fox, whose wily ways allowed her to escape one lynch.

The farm animals know that their job is still not done. Constant vigilance is the phrase of the day. If they can just keep lynching correctly, everything will turn out fine. Won't it?

It is Night 9. PM deadline 3pm. Let's get this back on track.

There are 11 people in the game.

The Living Players:
3- @Crystalight33
6- @WillowLeaf
8- @wildchild210
10- @Beagleholly
14- @Haxx
15- @grossly_incandescent
19- @remi4301
22- @brightimpressio
24- @Rwwilliams
23- @Mad Jack,
21- @magbags,

The animals sent to the rendering plant, or the necropsy table, or have departed the farm life etc etc.
4- @UFprevet12, peacock
13- @SV88, herding dog
16- @rxelle, mouse
7- @bluesails, goose
9- @aggiegirl88, chicken
17- @GellaBella, lamb
1- @WildZoo, cow
2- @JaynaAli, Bear, (were)wolf.
11- @Ashgirl, piglet
20- @kittyy, wolf, (were)wolf
12- @98cats (aka the player formerly known as sand_cat), goat
18- @epivetlove, pig
5- @evilsquirrel, fox

NOTE: Links to all results and all write-ups can be found on the bottom of post #1 of this thread for your reference: #1
Use it or lose it!
rocky.celebrating.gif

Alright, fine y'all. Role reveal time.

I am a barn cat, but no fearsome beast like everyone assumed. My main role was to find the mouse and once I did, I got a special PM ability. However, rxelle was the mouse and was lynched early on. I never voted to lynch her, even when she was the clear majority. So I never got my special role :(.
What would count as "finding" the mouse? And I think aggie was lynched first after the whole cheese thing. If you knew there was a mouse, why not find rxelle then - when she was still alive for another day but had a strong clue that she was a mouse?

What would count as "finding" the mouse? And I think aggie was lynched first after the whole cheese thing. If you knew there was a mouse, why not find rxelle then - when she was still alive for another day but had a strong clue that she was a mouse?

Finding was "check with SOV and then able to get power" - a 2 night thing. Even though I knew she was a mouse earlier on, SOV still made me check first :meh:... Besides, I was eaten by our goat and unable to do anything then.

I'm going to be at work a lot today. I'll be away from SDN until about 5 or 6 pm PST. I may be able to get on for a short time at lunch, but only if I have time to go to a wifi spot.

Am I allowed to request that the mods put in my vote for beagleholly for the next day cycle (day 10 I think it will be)? Do I need to make a future vote bold text? Mods, I'd like to vote lynch beagleholly for day 10. (Assuming, of course, that I am alive and able to vote and that beagle is alive and able to be voted for.)

I'm not convinced by the role reveal, because it's an animal that could be a villager or wolf in my mind. So far the predators have been wolves and the prey animals have been villagers. A cat is smaller than the other predators, but still a predator.