WW in the Canadian WWilds - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay. Glad I stuck with my gut
Je vous remercie. Vous êtes excusé du statut de villageois pleb.

Contingency Lynch cubs

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Day 8 Placeholder Writeup

What a day!! Things really heated up at the end of the day, ending in a tie. Let us all take a moment and hard squint at that tally. Is it a tie? No? Yes? Well....

NO ONE HAS DIED... AGAIN.

jk

lynched is Mel - Butter Tart....jk - Drinking a Two-Four in One Night By Yourself (WOLF)

10 players still on board
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
6. kras --> @Barkley13
9. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @jenjen2020
12. @cubsrule4e
15. @holdthemayo
16. @Miranda Senft
17. @WonderingStudent

Left behind in the beauty of Canada:
Sporty -
Stompin' Tom - Night Writer
MsP - Tim Horton's - Nexus
Ferny - Microphone Taped to A Hockey Stick
genny - Bob McKenzie
Alissa - Hockey Enforcer
Dolph - Linda
FTF - Mr. Dressup
jboo - Wexit
Zeppy - Poutine
Snowy - Duct Tape
Mel - 2-4 in One Night

IT IS NOW N8 - SEND US SOME
ACTIONS NOW

Night close at 8am Canada time/10am EST

@Dr. ForgotToFlush would STRONGLY approve and can now relax peacefully in dead chat :cat::shy:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a possibility. I'm just stuck as to who's wolf in you vs AM since i doubt both of you are wolves.

So AM thinks Mel is a wolf all this time, but stubbornly keeps her vote on me when Mel was the leader for almost the entire day? Sure, she thinks Im a wolf, but why wouldnt she move her vote to another wolf until she was actually pressured to do so?

So AM thinks Mel is a wolf all this time, but stubbornly keeps her vote on me when Mel was the leader for almost the entire day? Sure, she thinks Im a wolf, but why wouldnt she move her vote to another wolf until she was actually pressured to do so?

That came across as self prez though since she was in danger of getting lynched

Reactions: 1 user

Day 8 Placeholder Writeup

What a day!! Things really heated up at the end of the day, ending in a tie. Let us all take a moment and hard squint at that tally. Is it a tie? No? Yes? Well....

NO ONE HAS DIED... AGAIN.

jk

lynched is Mel - Butter Tart....jk - Drinking a Two-Four in One Night By Yourself (WOLF)

Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
6. kras --> @Barkley13
9. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @jenjen2020
12. @cubsrule4e
15. @holdthemayo
16. @Miranda Senft
17. @WonderingStudent

Sporty -
genny - Bob McKenzie
Alissa - Hockey Enforcer
Dolph - Linda
FTF - Mr. Dressup
jboo - Wexit
Zeppy - Poutine
Snowy - Duct Tape
Mel - 2-4 in One Night

IT IS NOW N8 - SEND US SOME
ACTIONS NOW

Can we get a full role description in the real write up s'il vous plait? :angelic:

Reactions: 1 users
That came across as self prez though since she was in danger of getting lynched

No, she was criticizing me because I was hesitant to vote for Mel, yet she wasnt even voting for him herself. Show me anywhere this game ive actually defended Mel in any way. He was in my reads list as one of the OG's. She's trying to twist it into some kind of thing where me and Mel are somehow linked.

No, she was criticizing me because I was hesitant to vote for Mel, yet she wasnt even voting for him herself. Show me anywhere this game ive actually defended Mel in any way. He was in my reads list as one of the OG's. She's trying to twist it into some kind of thing where me and Mel are somehow linked.

:unsure:

AM's posts came across as placing you as a higher priority than Mel but linked both as W/W (until she was forced to switch). As for you defending Mel, well i'm looking into it now but i found what comes across a subtle defense from Mel for you

DAY 8 OFFICIAL WRITEUP

Good news about Nova Scotia, as it is the province that SAR is moving to in less than a month, SAR knows a whole lot about a few parts of it. As such, the decision was made to spend two whole days exploring this province. Could it be because we were running out of provinces? Of course not... But anyway, the current itinerary was to hit up Halifax and then cruise south to some of the sights along the coast for the first day. Then on the second day, a trip to the Annapolis valley and on up to the Cape Breton Highlands.

So, first stop Halifax! Not only does the harbourfront here have one of the longest downtown boardwalks, it also has North America's oldest functioning lighthouse. On a more somber note - this is also the site of the world's largest explosion in the pre-nuclear era as it was the site of the Halifax Explosion in 1917. This is also where you will find the largest number of graves of victims of the Titanic. But that's enough downer notes. The harbour scene here is beautifully vibrant and just up the hill is an amazing fort, the Halifax Citadel. This is one of the best places to get a view of the entire city. There is actually a park in the city that is still owned by the British - the city leases it at a rate of 1 shilling per year. Halifax was incredibly important for the past few hundred years as a strategic sea port as it is one of the deepest and largest natural ice-free harbours in the world.

As you move southwest from Halifax, following the shoreline, there are a number of famous sites that you probably don't know the name of but would recognize in pictures. The first is the quaint town of Peggy's Cove which attracts a huge number of visitors every year to see its picturesque lighthouse. This is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the world! It is still a fully operational lighthouse operated by the Canadian Coat Guard. Continuing down the South Shore, the next major point of interest we'll stop at is the town of Mahone Bay. Many people will stop here to take an iconic picture of the "3 churches" which were all built side by side on the waterfront. Each built in the 1800s, one is Anglican, one is a United (formerly Presbyterian), and the third is a Lutheran.

Just down the road, you'll pass SAR's little farmstead on your way into the town of Lunenburg, a UNESCO world heritage site. This is largely because of the town's dedication to preserving it's historic waterfront. The streets were laid in 1753 and remain the same now as they were then. With strict regulations on the buildings in historic "Old Town", the view of the harbourfront itself hasn't changed in 250 years either except maybe for a fresh coat of paint. UNESCO declared it "the best s urviving example of a planned British colonial settlement in North America. This is also notable as the home of the Bluenose II and other famous tall ships. Through the summer months it is common to see the Bluenose in her home port for tours, and there is a tall ship festival here every year. By the way, no word of the day to send to your mods today. Instead, you get to try to guess which of the pictures below is one from SAR's phone! Lunenburg is also the setting for the town in the new Netflix series, Locke and Key!

One final interesting site that we will drive by, but not visit, is the mysterious Oak Island. For any avid watchers of the History channel, you will already know all about this famous island thanks to it's popular tv show. The fun part about the tv show for my family is sitting down and going "oh look, there's Billy!" thanks to small town life. We also have one of the producers staying in our cottage. So like, I'm famous by association. Anyway, we can't go on the island because it is entirely owned and only a limited number of tours happen every year - which usually sell out in minutes. Not familiar with the story of Oak Island? I'd recommend reading the wikipedia because it's incredibly interesting but the short story is that hundreds of years ago a depression was discovered on the island. Attempts at digging it out revealed platforms of wood or stone every 10ft. This is referred to as "the money pit" due to the belief that it covers up treasure. The original location of the money pit has been lost, but treasure hunters have visited the island ever since to look for their fortunes. The discoveries made there recently have provided support that something happened on the island back in the early 1700s, but no one has been able to pinpoint what. In any case, 6 people have died trying to find the treasure. Legend says that seven must die before the island will give up her secrets.

Good news, one passenger didn't pay attention and ran across the causeway to get to Oak Island yelling about treasure. Unfortunately, he tripped and fell into the water. Unsure if he bumped his head or just couldn't swim, but he didn't come up again. And that water is COLD man. Everyone else watched, because if you look closely, it wasn't a tie.

Dead is @Melchizedek , who was Drinking a Two-Four in One Night By Yourself, a wolf who could target one player every night and stop all night actions against them.

Please enjoy these images of half of Nova Scotia.

Halifax:
Halifax%20Waterfront%20Purdy%27s%20Towers%201920x1080.jpg

Carousel-Citadel-aerial-2.jpg

Peggy's Cove:
de.jpg

Mahone Bay:
33650790605_3692b4d674_b.jpg

Lunenburg:
Lunenburg%20046A9584%201920x800.jpg

Lunenburg-1.jpg

Oak Island and South Shore Scenery:
HOAX_ISLAND-OAK-ISLAND-810x445-1564587957.jpg

9SAees8RIykDI-jyibR0XtayWfCQshs1OUi3u861o_4p6tF0b7qlfaTCDocJyJLerfDJriiDA6K-aYAyDI3gFZk6_dcOnjwGb3jN0xYE7a3uyV_YzuRA0RzJqY7edvuLwK116CghB-dhNPoJQPK5OqQpsEMJDGw6UC5vz0VFlwoaJPweqNyJ76KoS-lt8Z7jzxL3cw4zu0UUVMgGP5RdGs-VD_2PtTeM2dvptmsuHVpn2fZugGrteQ44D1R3Ej7-OUypNqX6hyMFmv_4gAjYn_wJfWG1qiFd3RD7wwV8Frh_xoXjtE5fVDNC5du-HOIQPSUDACkY-PeB9n8uiXmWPcNRRUcd9EXQmm3IMj16vR0tLbl7wExeVOi5GcE2gs1N__IVe29G0fQgW2bA2w_PQpoz2n1-f_DT2e_lg4PCsu8s7gM_-XAl2McFlzcQMJ-jxr0k2-4x80vCyG-0O5SJs8lNlBN4B8ubzwL4oHLlIO9JySp1fCCuR7c3Ra8c1zPM_MtLDpJ4Yo-OP8tofyJub_2FXajnoprDi7Bby9vn-iL13ZjF_pni2VMf4EXc5c-wfBNe7GJUIYhqcblA1-iaKd4n981yI1miJNjuBEEbcRstMvJoLGbSYF0v_kT0nYq5zW0JbutY_T4EYUhZBgDUVPq5HYAp1ue5kWGRPulU27MHjyZq5Ks87k47cqIIsA=w2054-h1542-no

90515838_195817508533647_9087088682988470272_o.jpg

Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @PippyPony
6. kras --> @Barkley13
9. BigCats -> @Lawper
11. @jenjen2020
12. @cubsrule4e
15. @holdthemayo
16. @Miranda Senft
17. @WonderingStudent

Sporty -
genny - Bob McKenzie
Alissa - Hockey Enforcer
Dolph - Linda
FTF - Mr. Dressup
jboo - Wexit
Zeppy - Poutine
Snowy - Duct Tape
Mel - 2-4

IT IS NOW N8 - SUBMIT ACTIONS (INCLUDING INACTION) ASAP

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
How are you interpreting the following comments involving Cubs from both wolves? Thats what I'm looking into an deciphering.
And how do you feel about the fact that Snowy had been badgering you about a cubs read a few days ago when cubs was being considered for lynch?
Jboo was kind of all over the place

If we're looking at converts then
Barks - For obvious reasons
or
3M - If one of the the other OG wolves was watching 3M and Jboo's early/midgame interactions then they could have come to realize 3M probably cleared after the Jboo flip and converted 3M.
or
Pippy - 3m was right earlier today. Why is pippy still alive. But pippy was also right in saying that wolves could be leaving an outed powerful PR for lynch fodder out of conversion paranoia.

Cubs - If somehow the wolfpack realized that Cubs was the item-maker then they could have converted him to make sure they get all the items (this one is a tin-foil theory and probably the least likely convert)

OG wolves:

Lawper? - I remember he was ridiculously cagey when pippy was putting the screws to him, feels off of that. Then I read his posts from last night. He tried to get people to start thinking about Wondering and Mayo (both of which are people who have been at the top of people's village list) over snowy. Tried to posit a theory about a snowy/cubs wolf pack, it didn't make sense. Then there is the him-jboo thing that he came away and called her neutral or village? I could see a world where he jumped the gun on contingency lynching me last night because he knew I'd be an easy mislynch after seeing how votes played out yesterday.

just started my ISO of him and am reading back more, but I could vote him. Will be back with more thoughts later.

Hmm :unsure:

:unsure:

AM's posts came across as placing you as a higher priority than Mel but linked both as W/W (until she was forced to switch). As for you defending Mel, well i'm looking into it now but i found what comes across a subtle defense from Mel for you

But thats my point... if she thinks me and mel are both wolves, and mel has 6 votes, why wouldnt you immediately vote there and kill a wolf and go after me next?

Reactions: 1 user
Lol so do we think wolves misread Mel's role and tried to block me 2 nights ago, and didn't kill me because they didn't know they could neutralize a protector? Now taking bets

Mel (1) - AM
Pippy (1) - Pippy
MOOSE (1) - cubs
Mel (2) - AM, Mel
Mel (3) - AM, Mel, kras
mayo (1) - mayo
Pippy (2) - Pippy, jboo
mayo (2) - mayo, genny
Snowy (1) - 3m
alissa (1) - alissa
Pippy (3) - Pippy, jboo, Snowy
Pippy (4) - Pippy, jboo, Snowy, BC