X-Files: The TWWuth is OWWt There - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My brain is feeling borked today so making a nice to myself that through page 5 I feel pretty ok with rae, AM, Santy, and clem

While I don't love that, I don't think it makes sense for wolf!Clem to claim info and then not share it versus just keeping quiet about it

Before getting too into the weeds with iso's, my currents mostly vibes list reads something like

sov and SAR

Clem
AM
Kitz

QQ
Santy

Spurs
RDR

Historically I have a pretty good track record of reading Clem and his tone sounds pure to me here
You have fooled me before, so while you're both in the same category, I would statistically be more likely to be wrong on you if I was wrong somewhere


Like, Im sorry but how does this not look as extremely paired with Clem?
 
@Animal Midwife I have fully reviewed your iso collection on Clem and have a few thoughts.
1. I do think he has more game relevant content here than is first evident just from the iso itself. Looking at posts in context, I do think there has been a fair bit of relevant content.
2. I think looking at content:fluff ratio here Clem is similar to both Good Pwwace AND GGoatsIII (a wolf and a village outing respectively)
3. I don't see the similarities in Mission Impowwsible to this game's D1 as there was (since all of Clem's posts were in one day, I don't think it can be compared well beyond that)
4. Death Nommy seemed to be an outlier for Clem in that there was very little fluff at all, again I don't think a great comparison point when looking at his greater library of games
5. Ten I agree he had more game relevant content than he has had here

Overall impression is that Clem locks in more as the game progresses and I can make arguments for his game so far today to be similar to both a wolf and a village outing. Overall this doesn't convince me that he is wolfing, but I don't think it solidifies village. There are still a few tonal things in his game here that lean me village. This is pending a full picture of the mechanics with roles helping me to slot him in. So far I do think his use of role claim is leaning more village, unless he is exactly paired with Santy

Clem's iso is also noteworthy in that he isn't really unpaired from anyone from his side. I hesitate to unpair him from Santy based on his vote today because I think today will have less unpairing value as wolves will be trying to obfuscate today


BOMBASTIC

SIDE

EYE
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We have still a scum role that Roleblocked RDR .

I Had my ability proven by D1 . There are 3 people with abilities that cant be proven.

And yet here I am being the yeet
 
BOMBASTIC

SIDE

EYE

Like. AM please .

Look at that reply to your Clem case.

Its not a hard defense of Clem, but its still a super elaborate reply that is still a super generous assesment of Clem.

How can you be "if its her then I lose" here looking at this
 
I'm not going to lie and say I dont feel like with this gamestate we're winning , specially because if QQ is Missing in action then the most we can get is... A tie. And that is considering than whoever is voting me rn sees some sort of logic , which with the short replies I've got so far doesnt seem like the points Im making are being entertained much
 
Like. AM please .

Look at that reply to your Clem case.

Its not a hard defense of Clem, but its still a super elaborate reply that is still a super generous assesment of Clem.

How can you be "if its her then I lose" here looking at this
I know but if we're both village, that means that she's in it with Spurs or QQ, both of which have been after me for almost 72 hours, with her playing good cop AND bussing them. There's not a way out for me.
 
I mean, if it's SAR I'm just going to lose at this point.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX
 
I know but if we're both village, that means that she's in it with Spurs or QQ, both of which have been after me for almost 72 hours, with her playing good cop AND bussing them. There's not a way out for me.

I mean if your town I think the picture is pretty clear. Sar has been /tunneling/ spurs since D2, but when the mafia only needs one more misyeet to win, suddenly SAR doesnt sus spurs anymore and instead focus on pairing to vote QQ and then now me , totally forgetting a very "intense" tunnel on spurs that was full vibes and never elaborated on. Like its pretty easy to see that was distancing instead lf she playing good cop fmpov
 
Wow you know I think the only good thing to come out of this is that Santy is trying to convince everyone that my wolf game is so good that maybe I'll get killed early so I don't have to go to end game anymore :heckyeah:

Last game I saw you play as wolf you ended up endgaming and winning as a wolf have you not? Lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last game I saw you play as wolf you ended up endgaming and winning as a wolf have you not? Lol
I've won as a wolf in PokeWWon and in Death Nommy somewhat recently ish but I can promise you I was slanking in Nommy and carried by dubz. I don't really remember pokewwon that well but I guarantee you the effort I've put in to solving this game is eons above what I would have put in there
 
The reason I'm village reading Santy is because he didn't move even when it was clear that CG was softing supersaint.

He'd be in a great position to go deep and I can't see risking that.

Also would like to know if anyone has a strong town read on someone not named Sov for today, and the reasons for it

This sounds pockety as hell, but probably you because you similarly could have tried framing me for not clearly claiming the shot sooner.

@Santygrass Per your earlier message, definitely. I feel like i'm between a rock and a hard place here. My gut still burbles in Spurs direction, I think this convo:

Points to me as grasping for +1 villager...sort of a "see, what i've been doing means i'm trying to be a more effective villager". Not sure if i'm reading to deep into things but could just as easily go either way.

I'm leaning village for Santy, i tried to yeet them d1 but they have been off my radar since. QQ i have no read on. AM i'm not sure at the moment but could lean wolf.

D1:

Voting me as the first vote of the game.
Us quietly agreeing to move on from the shot.

Long gap until ~2:15pm the next day, at which point rae and AM have started bouncing off each other.
Townreading rae for interaction with AM, with a side of townreading Clem for vibes
Basically makes the same argument as last night, that if shot was real scum would use it to frame him. Then moves from me to RDR, making the vote:
Justification for RDR vote being RDR lower issue, and also realizing RDR is formerly SQB.

Soft defense of me from PSV.



Questioning AM why she's tunneled on rae.


scum read of vampy for being noncommital.

Questioning RDR.

Apparently takes a nap for an hour.


Questioning PSV about me.

Response to sov voting for him.

Town read kitz for feeling different than last game


Disliking the activity on RDR's wagon, and also disliking my counterwagon.

Agreeing with AM that they wanted to see a more involved RDR.



Flipping vote to CG for not liking the RDR/me wagons, making the vote:


Asking Zenge for read


Letting RDR break the CG/me tie, which she doesn't do

Asking sov for reason for voting Santy

Resistance to rae after Zenge voted rae.

This makes the vote at 3-way tie:




So he switches to rae:
Conclusion: Lots of legit feeling prodding of other players, giving out town and scum reads and participation. While it could be great wolf theater, this day read very towny to me.

N1:
Bemoaning rae and asking people to vote earlier, then going to sleep.

Another soft defense of me for not framing him


Clarifying to me why he voted for rae despite town reading her too, because I was the only other option

Asking RDR why she voted for him.

Response to sov explaining vote for him.

Advice for RDR in her interactions with AM
Conclusion: Nothing super definitive, but explanations mostly made sense.

D2:
Pushing back on multiball, response to RDR leading to some sus, agreeing sov likely town.

Questioning reasoning for Zenge NK

Asking me about scumreading kitz.

More multiball talk.

First reads list

Kind of wishy washing justification for scum reading vampy, after I questioned since I was town reading her.

Response to me asking why kitz in town reads.

This was a question to vampy, who was defending RDR. And voting QQ at the time.

Voting vampy, per reasoning above. Makes vote:
[/spoiler
Asking vampy for reads, then follow up questions based on her reads.



Suggesting we see if RDR's claim self-resolves.

Wolfy pop... out? 😛

genny town read.

Return at 8:50pm before vote close

Flip vote to preserve RDR. Makes vote:

Questioning genny being on RDR vote

Thoughts on RDR and CG wagons, and mentioning that vampy push didn't work.

Response to CG claim
Conclusion: Spent a decent amount of the day on vampy for reasons that mostly felt natural, then flipping to CG cuz they didn't like RDR going. Did not move off after supersaint claim.

N2:
Sad for vampy

Recommending everyone reconsider reads

Calling genny/RDR w/v

Townread me and kitz.

Dueling reads on SAR being towny for village reading vampy, but also thinking sus for finding me sus. Then tinfoil on a vampy/me pack.

Scum read QQ and Clem, which is somewhat notable cuz clem was lean villa earlier

saying QQ and RDR unpaired.

Confirming RDR/QQ unpaired as QQ had voted RDR previously.


Asking me why no RDR vote D1 (because apop's partner) and then tinfoiling us being paired (which was fair)

Discussion of RDR not tiebreaking D1

Trying to understand genny's progression on RDR.

Responding to RDR defending me, and further suggesting we could be paired.

Again questioning genny's village-ness.

New reads

Like's genny's explanation for RDR progression.

Explaining why I am in POE.

Response to me asking if kitz is as compatible with other ppl in POE as I am.

Wolfy pop-out 😛
Conclusion: I more or less follow the train of thought here, I think. He had a lot of the same thoughts I had about genny's read on RDR, which made more sense following the cop of all trades flip.

D3:
Bookmarking my kitz ISO. I guess throw that in the trash smh.



Response to genny flip, and understanding RDR vote in light of that.

Response to kitz wondering if RDR got a check on genny.




More questioning about RDR claiming being blocked N2.
Response to RDR claiming getting blocked on trying to check AM on N2. Hm





Townlocking QQ for not understanding night rules, and also for collecting reads.

Response to kitz revealing tracking me and that I didn't do anything, kinda town reading kitz for it.

Ping Clem for reads

Asking if anyone got a soft check from genny on anyone. idk that anyone has followed up on this.

Then missed the vote.
Conclusion: Most of the questions made sense, centered on response to genny flip. But missed the vote so didn't really take a stand.

N3:
Claims would've voted RDR to see how Clem would've voted. Guarding against stating intentions in case VOLO.

Response to AM asking for an answer about something (that I don't immediately remember and can't find now).
Conclusion: null

D4 (so far):
Thinks Clem not voting is somewhat unpairing from me.

Thinks at least one of AM/Clem is a hit

Or that scum was happy to have sov around.
I think this is the answer to AM's question, which I think was why he didn't come off CG's wagon after supersaint claim

Discussion of makeup of scum

Revealing I shot him.

Requesting RRs

Response to my vote progression work

Questioning snap votes at potential volo.

Liking SAR's reassess before voting vibes

Promises to read clem case later

Question to clem about what he claimed.

Discussing power of a mech clear player at volo.

Saying I have village points for not framing him.

More discussion about scum makeup



More about snap voting at volo

First reaction to cases by me and AM

More on shot

Thoughts on w!AM from the perspective of wolfing with AM.

Handing power to sov and asking for reads.

Asking for town reads

Conclusion: I got rushed towards the end as I need to go do work. But overall the thought process, the order of questioning, the not being opportunistic about the vig, make me feel like Santy is towny.

At least, as much as I can feel any sort of way when we have consistently failed to find scum this entire game. So I'm probably wrong again, lol.


Geeeee I wonder why do I have 3 votes now despite , surely I did something to piss people off ...

Oh right, I pushed a wolf. And I cant be the missing wolf role we have mechanically


Make it make sense
 
I've won as a wolf in PokeWWon and in Death Nommy somewhat recently ish but I can promise you I was slanking in Nommy and carried by dubz. I don't really remember pokewwon that well but I guarantee you the effort I've put in to solving this game is eons above what I would have put in there

Most of your solving has been /this could be paired/ or this could be unpaired , rather than solving within the context of this game, which is something far more easy to do as wolf . So no shade, I see you put in the effort and all, but its still really wolfy and the easy route for wolves to achieve yeeting people off.

Specially in fx scenarios
 
Most of your solving has been /this could be paired/ or this could be unpaired , rather than solving within the context of this game, which is something far more easy to do as wolf . So no shade, I see you put in the effort and all, but its still really wolfy and the easy route for wolves to achieve yeeting people off.

Specially in fx scenarios
I am solving within the context of the game. You just don't agree with it 🤷‍♀️
 
I appreciate your attempt to sway the others santy, I'm sure it isn't fun being the yeet this close to a sweep. Thanks for keeping it classy ❤️

If you are somehow town this is going to look so bad for both of us LMAOOO.

But regardless no harm done you really WIMed it up to get the final misyeet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The worse thing in V!Sar scenarios is that I think it would mean probs that it was Spurs+QQ that just sipped martinis while we went at each other throat today LMAOOO
 
The worse thing in V!Sar scenarios is that I think it would mean probs that it was Spurs+QQ that just sipped martinis while we went at each other throat today LMAOOO
I'm taking this as a personal win if so because that means I found them when the PRs couldn't.
 
TBH

At least it wasnt a sweep. I'll take those. Im trying to not sound too salty since I felt like I was talking about stuff that should be basic and obvious but maybe its just site difference.

The radio silence from most of my points was a bit demotivating, but it is what it is
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

Day 5 Result

Frightened by the death the previous night, the townspeople scrambled to determine who hiding in their midst could still be a killer… everyone had felt so genuine so far, so trustworthy.

In short order, their attention turned toward another new face in town. With his friendly nature and unassuming behavior, surely he couldn’t be responsible?

As the accusations progressed, bringing up the events from days’ past in a new light, the man pushed back, insisting they’d all been fooled and this was the end.

The villagers continued pushing, sparring back and forth and holding their ground, knowing a mistake made now could be their last….

Finally, in the struggle, a shot goes off

Dead is
@Santygrass, Alex Krycek
1774575027757.png
And a
Mafia 1x Deathproof
The X-Files' Best Characters Of All Time, Ranked

Spilling out from his pockets were stacks of fake passports, different identities, currency from different countries. A professional, surely, but questions still remained as night fell... why was he here? Who did he work for?
Hopefully, daylight would bring some answers... and maybe more blood.​
 
It is now Night 5

mulder-x-files.gif


Actions Due at 8PM ET Tomorrow 3/27

4 Players Remain:

@Mrs Queequeg
@Animal Midwife
@GoSpursGo
@SARdoghandler

Dead:
Rae - Agent Dana Scully, M.D. - Town 2x Doctor
Zenge - The Well-Manicured Man - Town Mason
PSV - Marita Covarrubias - Town 1x Diplomat
CG - Melissa Scully - Town Supersaint
Vampy - Deep Throat - Town Covert Informant
Genny - Agent Mulder - Town Cop-Of-All-Trades
Reddeadrobin - Ringo Langly - Town Conspiracy Theorist
Kitzsuna - Melvin Frohike - Town Odd-Night Tracker
Clem - Purity - Alien Redirector
Sovreijn – Bill Mulder - Town Mason
Santy – Alex Krycek – Mafia 1x Deathproof
​