Yet ANOTHER "Help me rank these" thread

Started by Jamezuva
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jamezuva

Have Faith
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, yes, I know.. 😉 ...but...just curious how you all would rank the following purely based on the program itself and leaving things like location out of it. Thanks. I want to do fellowship in ID.

In no particular order:
Penn
Yale
BID
Duke
Wash U
UW
UCLA
UCSD
UTSW
 
Please don't flame. I consider each school on a given line to be equal, and the difference between lines is small, but what do I know?

1. Penn, Duke

2. UW, Yale, WashU, UTSW

3. BID, UCLA, UCSD

I think you have some tough choices, but that is a good situation in which to find yourself. Not only does location matter, but the strengths of each program also matter. How those strengths fit into your career plan is more important than the overall "rank" of a given program.
 
Why would I flame you?? 😕 Obviously location is going to factor into my decision to some degree, but the differences in location are easier for me to discern compared to the strength of the program itself. I plan on going for a non-competitive specialty, so I figure even if I go to the "least prestigious" place I listed here, I'll be okay. Thanks for the list
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is yet another "how to rank"

How would you rank the following?

Penn
Columbia
Cornell
Hopkins
U. of Chicago
UCSF

Thanks guys. 🙂
 
penn and duke are the strongest programs on your list. for an ID fellowship, i don't think you can go wrong in choosing among the rest on that list. UCLA's reputation is fine. probably one of the top 5 programs in the west coast (along with UCSF, stanford, UW, and OHSU). if it were me i would really just choose based on location. philly, boston, LA, SD are all great places to live. 😉

Jamezuva said:
Yes, yes, I know.. 😉 ...but...just curious how you all would rank the following purely based on the program itself and leaving things like location out of it. Thanks. I want to do fellowship in ID.

In no particular order:
Penn
Yale
BID
Duke
Wash U
UW
UCLA
UCSD
UTSW
 
BoraBoyDE said:
Here is yet another "how to rank"

How would you rank the following?

Penn
Columbia
Cornell
Hopkins
U. of Chicago
UCSF

Thanks guys. 🙂
:laugh: hijacking my thread eh?
Ok, I'll give it a shot

1. Hopkins
2. UCSF
3. Penn
4. Columbia
5. U of C
6. Cornell