2009-2010 Yale University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
accepted here too. i may check out second look just cause it's close and now i'd like to stay in the NE.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted here as well! Hoping for good news to those waiting. :luck:

bumping my post...is everyone's e-mail time-stamped to 11:07 EST or around there? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
New Haven, here I come!

My email was time stamped 11:05am.

oh well, guess theyre done with acceptances now...best to hope for is that theyre doing waitlists by email too at this point

Is that the only wave of acceptance e-mails they are sending out initially? Will everyone else either be waitlisted or rejected?

:xf:hope not

Is that the only wave of acceptance e-mails they are sending out initially? Will everyone else either be waitlisted or rejected?

:xf:hope not
considering that 11 people on sdn have been accepted already it looks like acceptances are all out :(

Members don't see this ad :)
does yale only give one round of acceptance? or do they do it in several?

my email was received at 11:05 AM but i was taking a midterm, haha :) good way to come out of it though!

Accepted in CT... approximately 10 minutes away from Yale. Just got the email.

Accepted via email! Totally surprised cause I thought we had another week. Just got back from anatomy and noticed this email.

Accepted too! Woot! It's been over 6 months since my interview, I'm surprised they remembered me.

Don't give up yet. Plus, waitlists exist for a reason. :luck:

I guess so but I've got too many waitlists right now and it's really screwing with my plans. I'd been hoping for any acceptance by April 1st for financial reasons.

i interviewed late jan and didn't get an email.. I guess that's an implicit waitlist / rejection.. :(

Waitlisted here too (presumably). Unbelievable bad luck -- 4 in a row!

seeing as Yale never really gave me an interview or acknowledged i existed, im guessing i ll be getting a rejection soon...goodjob to those who even got interview offers, and to those who were accepted

YAY!! I got the acceptance email today out of nowhere LOL. This is so sweet!! Congrats fellow acceptees and best of luck to everyone else!!

Hang in there guys! Sending good vibes your way :luck::luck::xf:

Anyone hear anything today?? And are letters being sent to our home addresses or preferred??

Anyone hear anything today?? And are letters being sent to our home addresses or preferred??

I was told letters (in my case, likely a rejection) are mailed to the preferred address when I called the office.

I was told letters (in my case, likely a rejection) are mailed to the preferred address when I called the office.

I (actually my parents) received my waitlist letter in my permanent address today in CT, so I am assuming everyone should be getting them tomorrow, maybe permanent address?

Although I might be done with my lofty Yale dreams, I do remember reading about Yale accepting a total of 170-200 students in the past to fill their class on occasion. In other words, it might be nearly as likely to get accepted off of the waitlist as it is to be accepted outright, though inconvenient and more stressful. Others may have more precise numbers on this...a few months since the interview have combined to fog my memory.

Do you know if rejections are just plain e-mail or letters?

I thought it was 265 total acceptances last year (it might have been on a handout given on the interview day?), but maybe I just made that up. I'm sure it also varies a lot every year.

I believe you are right. Hopefully there's a little more total acceptances. :xf:

I'm in NJ. Haven't received it. Wondering why it takes so long...

Status
Not open for further replies.