2010-2011 Oakland University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I declined my acceptance offer a while back from OUWB, but because I think so highly of the school I wanted to share the letter I wrote to them

I have made the painstakingly difficult decision to decline the acceptance offer to OUWB. However, I would like all of the staff to know that this decision was not an easy one. From what I have experienced, the OUWB program far exceeds my expectations; you guys certainly seemed to do everything right. The phone calls were sincere and individualized, and I truly believe that this attention is representative of the efforts of the rest of the program. I have no doubt in my mind that every student in the OUWB School of Medicine will enjoy their time. The students will be surrounded by faculty that pay close attention to their needs, an essential trait to building a successful program. I have nothing but the best things to say about your program, and although I have declined the acceptance offer, I still will highly recommend the program. I am confident that OUWB will quickly make its name recognized in the medical field.

I have no doubt that those of you choosing to go to this school will make lifelong friends not only with other students, but with the faculty as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Just declined my acceptance as well. I honestly only initially went to the interview because the school was so close to my house, not expecting to be as wowed as I was. Declining their acceptance was the hardest decision I have ever made and I'm sure, had I went, I would have enjoyed it.

31Q, 3.8. Just completed my Master's in Biomedical Engineering and have a ton of extracurriculars.

In her call, did she mention the cut off for scholarship? Is it based on GPA, MCAT, or everything?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any news? Any wait-list movement? It's been pretty dead this week...

Hey everyone! I was accepted off the waitlist this past week. I had to take some time to decide what school to attend, and after contemplation, I will be giving up my spot at OUWB to another lucky person! :) Good luck, waitlisters! Stay patient and keep up your hopes!

I just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.