2012-2013 Oakland University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved OUWB ! Interview day was awesome, I'm really hoping for some good news this month.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiancee and I have both been accepted at OUWB and plan to go there! I hope to meet many of you at Second Look in April!

My fiancee and I have both been accepted at OUWB and plan to go there! I hope to meet many of you at Second Look in April!

I too am looking forward to meeting people at second look!

Has anyone heard from OUWB regarding scholarships/grants/financial aid package?

Has Oakland always screened applicants for secondaries since they started taking applications or is this something new?

Any current students mind posting how much you are paying as an individual to say in a cheap place at OU... per person with utilities and everything. Say with 1-2 roomates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the waitlist email as well. Does anyone know if we can figure out whether we're at the top, middle or bottom of whichever tier we're in by calling? Or does admissions not disclose that information?

It said I was in the first tier in the email. Or at least mine did. Read it again.

It does say first tier, but I'd like to know if there's a way to find out if we're closer to the top or bottom of the tier. I think there are at least 100 people in the first tier (there were 75 last year) and I was wondering if we could get a more realistic idea of what our chances are.

Last edited:
Oh I see what you meant. Oops, if I remember correctly, they said that we are unranked within our own tier. I think they re-review everybody when they have seats available.

Oh I see what you meant. Oops, if I remember correctly, they said that we are unranked within our own tier. I think they re-review everybody when they have seats available.

Thanks! I guess that's good news :)

got placed in the third tier... :/
well then, guess oakland is a bust.
good luck to all you still waiting!

Will be withdrawing my acceptance today. Good luck! I hope someone here gets my spot :):thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using SDN Mobile

anyone know the setup of the waitlist? is it the same as last year- 100, 50, 50 on the three tiers?

Called in, interviewed December, and rejected. This day has been terrible.

Got the finaid email from OUWB. It looks like tuition went up about 4% to $46,249 for this year, ouch.

Got the finaid email from OUWB. It looks like tuition went up about 4% to $46,249 for this year, ouch.

I thought the same thing...Best not to think about it...sounds like a problem for future nBeeDee and Lucidity :p.

I thought the same thing...Best not to think about it...sounds like a problem for future nBeeDee and Lucidity :p.

Haha good point, I need to take that lesson to heart. Unfortunately I'm neurotic about finances and I have a spreadsheet going with projected costs including interest, loan fees, etc..... It cant be healthy.

Haha good point, I need to take that lesson to heart. Unfortunately I'm neurotic about finances and I have a spreadsheet going with projected costs including interest, loan fees, etc..... It cant be healthy.

Trust me if you worry about those things you will go crazy especially when school starts. Relax and accept the fact that you cannot do anything about that debt, at least for the next few years besides pinching a few pennies :).

Trust me if you worry about those things you will go crazy especially when school starts. Relax and accept the fact that you cannot do anything about that debt, at least for the next few years besides pinching a few pennies :).

Oh I'm slowly starting to accept that, I'm more just using it to compare the real costs of the couple of schools I'm trying to decide between once finaid comes in. My financial worries are dwarfed by how excited I am to actually start school this year... Alcohol helps as well! :D

Oh I'm slowly starting to accept that, I'm more just using it to compare the real costs of the couple of schools I'm trying to decide between once finaid comes in. My financial worries are dwarfed by how excited I am to actually start school this year... Alcohol helps as well! :D

So very true!

Has any aid been awarded yet? Or is this just giving us estimated loans?

Has any aid been awarded yet? Or is this just giving us estimated loans?

We haven't been given the actual money if that is what you mean. The financial aid award just lets us know how much we will be taking out in loans if we do attend OU.

I was referring to any non-loan aid that Oakland gives (ie scholarships)

this too is killing me softly

I was referring to any non-loan aid that Oakland gives (ie scholarships)

They may still be giving out scholarships, but I got a phone call about a scholarship offer last week.

They may still be giving out scholarships, but I got a phone call about a scholarship offer last week.
To add on to this, I received a scholarship offer maybe in late Feb? Another applicant on SDN who PM'd me said she had recently gotten a scholarship offer, but not sure how recent. I'm not entirely sure about how this works, but if students who had gotten a scholarship offer withdraw within the next week or two, those offers might be up for grabs too?

For those who are going to the Second Look this week, I look forward to meeting you!

Withdrew my acceptance from here today. OUWB seems like a great school though, and I'm sure an amazing applicant will take my place.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Withdrew my application yesterday. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Congrats. May I ask your stats and if you're IS/OOS? I'm planning to apply here next cycle.

I think checking the early posts in this thread and the previous years threads will help you understand the stats range. These posts are mostly anecdotal though and may not accurately reflect reality.

I recommend the online version of the MSAR. This will give you the data you are looking for.

Good luck with your app! It's a long process but hopefully worth it in the end.

Anybody hear any news recently? This thread has been dead!

I got accepted off the first tier waitlist! I really loved OUWB's values, curriculum, the supportive faculty and the innovative environment. However, the acceptance came too late for me personally as I had thought I wouldn't hear from them and finalized plans for another school. This means that the waitlist is moving, and there is another spot out there for one of you. :)

I got accepted off the first tier waitlist! I really loved OUWB's values, curriculum, the supportive faculty and the innovative environment. However, the acceptance came too late for me personally as I had thought I wouldn't hear from them and finalized plans for another school. This means that the waitlist is moving, and there is another spot out there for one of you. :)

Congratulations on your acceptance, the waitlist is moving indeed. Now if you could get your plotline moving, we'd all appreciate it. :p

Accepted off first tier waitlist!

Congrats and welcome! I'm actually out at Oakland for a long weekend checking out the campus again (as I was not able to attend second look) and taking in a Tigers vs Red Sox game. Looking forward to this August, make sure you join the Facebook page as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.