2012-2013 Texas Tech - Lubbock Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take to hear back after submitting your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

The whole process just seems so random. I went to Tech for undergrad and I've heard absolutely nothing from them, but I've gotten interview invites from everywhere else in Texas so far except UTSW and Baylor.

How long does it take for the application to no longer say "No Status Found" or whatever it says when you try to click on the application status? My application is complete and I've called to confirm that it's complete, but I've been stuck on the No Status Found comment for a long time..... Getting kind of concerned with Tech, definitely didn't think they'd be the last school I heard from.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says no status found even though I'm complete also.

How long does it take for the application to no longer say "No Status Found" or whatever it says when you try to click on the application status? My application is complete and I've called to confirm that it's complete, but I've been stuck on the No Status Found comment for a long time..... Getting kind of concerned with Tech, definitely didn't think they'd be the last school I heard from.

I received an interview last month and my application status still shows "no status found". My interview scheduling however does show my interview date and location. Hope that helps!

No worries, I interviewed in Lubbock back in August and my status still says 'no status found'. It'll come!

Does anyone know the answer to this question???

A friend told me that Lubbock is in a dry county, however when I look online some sources say it no longer is, and othes dont address Lubbock county.

Anybody in the school know the answer?
I didn't want to ask during my interview :/
lol

A friend told me that Lubbock is in a dry county, however when I look online some sources say it no longer is, and othes dont address Lubbock county.

lol

Haha great question, Lubbock County was dry for a long, long time but is no longer. I promise.

lol

Definitely not dry anymore. I was there at Tech during undergrad when they lifted the restrictions and there was a lot of celebration about it, believe me.

Ugh, just got super excited to see an email from this school, only to realize it was an invitation to attend some kind of reapplicant seminar. Anyone else get this? I haven't received one lousy interview from all of TX. Le sigh.

Ugh, just got super excited to see an email from this school, only to realize it was an invitation to attend some kind of reapplicant seminar. Anyone else get this? I haven't received one lousy interview from all of TX. Le sigh.

I got the same email. But, they haven't changed my portal status. I'm not really expecting to get an invite here, but I'm curious to know whether they sent that email to everyone, or whether they just sent it to the people they have already decided not to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email. But, they haven't changed my portal status. I'm not really expecting to get an invite here, but I'm curious to know whether they sent that email to everyone, or whether they just sent it to the people they have already decided not to interview.
My thoughts exactly.

Whoa, this is totally weird. I could have sworn I received that e-mail a few days ago, but upon searching my inbox, I couldn't find it. And it doesn't seem like I would delete it (I searched my trash too). And I just received that e-mail 2 minutes ago.

Did anyone else receive the same e-mail before? I've been pulling a lot of night shifts lately, so I'm somewhat out of it a lot of the time, but I don't think I would've imagined this letter or seen the future. I even remember wondering "why are they doing it in November?"

I received it as well and wondered the same thing. I couldn't help but wonder if I had been moved to a "special" invite list that may be needing such a seminar! I followed up with them, and they said that the email was not a reflection on the status of current applications, but was simply an invitation to the event

I got the same email today and I replied by asking if the invitation meant I was out of the game for this cycle. (not my exact words) This was her response:

"This is an invitation to the seminar. Not a current medical school admissions decision."

I got the same email today and I replied by asking if the invitation meant I was out of the game for this cycle. (not my exact words) This was her response:

"This is an invitation to the seminar. Not a current medical school admissions decision."

I received it as well and wondered the same thing. I couldn't help but wonder if I had been moved to a "special" invite list that may be needing such a seminar! I followed up with them, and they said that the email was not a reflection on the status of current applications, but was simply an invitation to the event

LoL, they're probably regretting sending that out to current applicants now.

We'll probably be getting a followup clarification e-mail soon.

LoL, they're probably regretting sending that out to current applicants now.

Lolz, Imagine the number of us who e-mailed of called them asking if it was an admissions decision. Glad I checked the thread, cuz I wold be amongst the probably 1k applicants who called

Bigtruckguy....that is indeed very strange..<xfiles theme song playing in the background>

Bigtruckguy....that is indeed very strange..<xfiles theme song playing in the background>
I was totally about to make a "WTF X-files" meme and instead stumbled upon this, like 10xs better because it's in Russian and looks quasi-gangsta, lol

images

Hmmmmm...

I never got this re-applicant seminar email you guys are speaking of.

I wonder what it means...like why did you guys get one and I did not...

Guess we'll have to wait and see if it has any significance :thumbup:

Well
I don't know what this re-applicant seminar email is but sure didn't get it, and I have interviewed there already.
Now, I am not sure what to make of this, and I don't think it reflects any decision because half of the interviewee or so will get rejected, so the some interviewees should have received it as well (perhaps the ones at the bottom of the pile).
I also notice that the secondary has closed on their website and perhaps anyone who hasn't been invited as of yet will receive the email, despite possible invitations to come. But this is sure as hell disturbing.

Anyway good luck to all of you, there is always hope.

Well
I don't know what this re-applicant seminar email is but sure didn't get it, and I have interviewed there already.
Now, I am not sure what to make of this, and I don't think it reflects any decision because half of the interviewee or so will get rejected, so the some interviewees should have received it as well (perhaps the ones at the bottom of the pile).
I also notice that the secondary has closed on their website and perhaps anyone who hasn't been invited as of yet will receive the email, despite possible invitations to come. But this is sure as hell disturbing.

Anyway good luck to all of you, there is always hope.

Disturbing as hell is right!!!

Didn't get the apology email update...even more confused :(

Perhaps they come out in batches. I received the e-mail about 10 minutes after Guero posted that he received it. Might also be why some of you haven't gotten the original e-mail.

Although I'm still trying to figure out how I knew about this e-mail prior to getting the e-mail today.

Perhaps they come out in batches. I received the e-mail about 10 minutes after Guero posted that he received it. Might also be why some of you haven't gotten the original e-mail.

Although I'm still trying to figure out how I knew about this e-mail prior to getting the e-mail today.
One word: prescience. :p

That's some cold ****, sending out re-applicant seminar invites to applicants CURRENTLY awaiting news about this cycle. I didnt get either of the emails, or an interview invite for that matter, but I would be pissed if I did. My mind would automatically assume they were trying to give me a hint with that email. We are already stressed and neurotic enough as it is, dont need adcoms adding to it. :thumbdown:

Reminds me of when my friend got two confirmation emails from UT-Houston and he was going nuts thinking they were invites.

Last edited:
Regardless of the reasons for sending such email....I see this seminar as an opportunity for them to meet you without an interview which I believe could be of great benefit to those of us in the bottom of the stack ;)

Maybe thats why they are having it on November.

II yesterday for 11/9. Complete late June/early July. I was surprised, thought they skipped me already. So there's still hope for everyone.

Maybe thats why they are having it on November.

What????????? November???? Many of us interviewees won't heart anything before then. This is just weird... Why the rush??? I must admit I loved the school and would be happy to match here. But this seminar thing timing is totally off. The idea is great, though, but the timing is nerve wracking. Too bad. Obviously I have nothing to complain about...

Sent via my crappy phone.

Maybe it's at the end of November, by then most interviews spots should aldy be taken at Lubbock. This school started interviewing very early (aug 1st?). There Texas schools should still have some open spots

Aaaaaaaand, there's the apology email update! LoL!!!!!

Yeah... I got this email and thought it was an interesting way to let applicants know that they were rejected. Even though the clarification email was welcome reassurance, it may prompt me to write a well thought out LOI to Tech.

I never got any email. Could be a sign that maybe I am rejected? I wouldn't think too much into it guys. Maybe you guys got it because you live near tech and they thought that you guys might come?

I have three texas interviews, but nothing from tech. Complete 5/18. FML.

Md2017 I'm sure your fine. If you've gotten invites from other higher Ranked Tx schools, I think it's likely you'll get one from Lubbock. Seems like they are taking there time here.

I never got any email. Could be a sign that maybe I am rejected? I wouldn't think too much into it guys. Maybe you guys got it because you live near tech and they thought that you guys might come?

I have three texas interviews, but nothing from tech. Complete 5/18. FML.

Probably not. I live in the Northwest... But I wouldn't sweat it if you didn't get it. I can't imagine that would be a bad sign. On a side note, congrats on the interviews!

I didn't get that email either or the apology ;). I am also anxiously waiting for the interview invite. Hope this email does not mean anything!!! :thumbup:

Congratulations for those with the interview invites!! I wish you all the best!! :)

Only one of my interviews was a higher ranked Texas school. The other were on par with TTL.

Maybe it's at the end of November, by then most interviews spots should aldy be taken at Lubbock. This school started interviewing very early (aug 1st?). There Texas schools should still have some open spots

I kind of agree, but it turns out that the seminar is on Nov 12th. No TX resident will receive an offer before Nov 15th.
It is true though that TTL was one of the first to send invites and started early. They should be close to set with the ranked list of candidates and perhaps it is obvious that some will not be invited at this point. I get that. However, given the psychological implications, I still think that the seminar, let alone the email were premature.
I think, it would have easier to bear if there was a clear rejections that to remain uncertain. A rejection will hurt, but it will pass. Trying to guess all day long for weeks surely cannot be pleasant.

Anyway, to all of you who received the email, or who didn't, I wish you the best of luck. TTL is a top choice school for me. I truly enjoyed my visit over there, and I do hope to be accepted. So, the wait is worth the reward. It truly is worth trying.

OOS with fingers crossed for some good news next week! Interviewed August 3rd.

i havent logged into merlin in a while because it was giving me a complex. I noticed that next to my app what used to say open in green now says closed in red. Does that refer to applications closing on 10/1 or that they closed my file and told me to eff off? The El Paso one still says open...

Mine's the same way...I don't think it has anything to do with your actual file being open/closed.

I interviewed here on Friday. I'm a CA resident, and it was my first time in Texas. I really, really liked Lubbock, but I loved the school. I love how low-key and authentic Lubbock is, and the school seems like an ideal place for studying and learning medicine. I'd be very happy to be accepted here, but I'd have to convince my wife to live here, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.