2013-2014 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I'm new to SDN. I interviewed for a spot on the wait list 03/07 and got the spot. Does anybody know if we expect to have much movement this year or what are the chances of MCW going through the first quartile?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm new to SDN. I interviewed for a spot on the wait list 03/07 and got the spot. Does anybody know if we expect to have much movement this year or what are the chances of MCW going through the first quartile?

I'm a graduating senior from MCW and when I interviewed here it was also for a waitlist spot and got in the first quartile. From my understanding the wait list typically moves well, however, I know that it is different from year to year. The big date to keep in mind is May 15th (at least when I was applying) which is the date that students must choose one school and withdraw acceptances from all other schools at that point. I wouldn't expect to hear much until May. Good luck to you and PM me with any questions.

Hey everyone, so I'm a graduating senior who made the mistake of buying a house during medical school and now I will be moving out of state and I'm looking to rent the place. I have done a lot of recent updates including renovating the bathroom and kitchen. The house is a 2 BR/1.25 BA with a 2 car garage, high efficiency W/D, dishwasher, master with walk in closet, hardwood floors throughout the main floor, a basement rec room, and ample basement storage. It's located about 3 miles from the college which makes for a typical 5-10 minute commute to campus. PM me if interested and I can email some photos.

Hey everyone, so I'm a graduating senior who made the mistake of buying a house during medical school and now I will be moving out of state and I'm looking to rent the place. I have done a lot of recent updates including renovating the bathroom and kitchen. The house is a 2 BR/1.25 BA with a 2 car garage, high efficiency W/D, dishwasher, master with walk in closet, hardwood floors throughout the main floor, a basement rec room, and ample basement storage. It's located about 3 miles from the college which makes for a typical 5-10 minute commute to campus. PM me if interested and I can email some photos.
If you don't mind sharing, what specialty did you match into?

I'm a graduating senior from MCW and when I interviewed here it was also for a waitlist spot and got in the first quartile. From my understanding the wait list typically moves well, however, I know that it is different from year to year. The big date to keep in mind is May 15th (at least when I was applying) which is the date that students must choose one school and withdraw acceptances from all other schools at that point. I wouldn't expect to hear much until May. Good luck to you and PM me with any questions.
Thank you PLU2010 your insight was very helpful and gives me hope that I will have the same luck :)

Anybody know when students will be notified of their waitlist rank?

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know when students will be notified of their waitlist rank?
Most likely April 11th. The last interviews for wait list spots are this Friday. I know... I'm waiting to hear too! :bored:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to reiterate Grady's question, now that the last interviews are over, Does anybody know when to expect the wait list to be ranked?

Just to reiterate Grady's question, now that the last interviews are over, Does anybody know when to expect the wait list to be ranked?
They said they will call or email waitlist members within the month of April.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the response UCSBro. Just to make sure the info is still up to date, Did you interview this past week on the 4th?

Was wait listed here today! The email stated that the list wouldn't be out until May

Thanks for the update shabbaranks. How many people interviewed with you during interview day, if you don't mind me asking. Mine was like 45-50 people on 03/07.

Thanks for the update shabbaranks. How many people interviewed with you during interview day, if you don't mind me asking. Mine was like 45-50 people on 03/07.

I would say around 40. Do you know if almost everyone makes the wait list or were there students that were outright rejected?

When I interviewed, Jennifer said the last week of April for waitlist rankings.

Also, out of the three people I knew interviewing for the waitlist, all three made it. But who knows, that's only three people.

Shabbaranks and holaaa thanks for your input. It seems though what hola is saying has alot of validity to it. All of the people I met and.kept.intouch with got.on the waitlist. So it.looks.to me.like the waitlist is.going to be pretty big. Hopefully.there.is alot.of.movement this year.

When I interviewed, Jennifer said the last week of April for waitlist rankings.

Also, out of the three people I knew interviewing for the waitlist, all three made it. But who knows, that's only three people.

Shabbaranks and holaaa thanks for your input. It seems though what hola is saying has alot of validity to it. All of the people I met and.kept.intouch with got.on the waitlist. So it.looks.to me.like the waitlist is.going to be pretty big. Hopefully.there.is alot.of.movement this year.

I know a couple people who interviewed for the waitlist and got rejected the following friday. You passed the first hurdle. Good luck to you guys!

Hopefully there is some significant movement on the wait list. From my understanding, there are two wait list pools; one for in-state and the other for out-of-state. So if an in-state accepted student withdraws, they select a student off the in-state wait list (with similar stats/ethnicity) to maintain a balanced class. Same goes for out-of-state. Correct me if I'm wrong, and good luck to you all!

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you guys waiting!!! Good luck!

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you guys waiting!!! Good luck!
Thank you premed2000 I'm sure it was a tough choice for you good luck in your new school!
BTW is anybody else who was originally accepted into MCW entering class withdrawing their acceptance or might withdraw because they are wait listed at their number 1 school?

Hi Everyone! To the accepted applicants, would any of you be willing to PM me the contact for second look day?

Thank you premed2000 I'm sure it was a tough choice for you good luck in your new school!
BTW is anybody else who was originally accepted into MCW entering class withdrawing their acceptance or might withdraw because they are wait listed at their number 1 school?
Yes, Depending on how the wait list movement goes at other schools I would withdraw from MCW. I will not withdraw until the acceptance at the other school is a guaranteed thing though. So I am not expecting much movement before May 15th.

Who thinks the waitlist will be ranked Friday? I think it might be next week but maybe somebody has more info.

Yes, Depending on how the wait list movement goes at other schools I would withdraw from MCW. I will not withdraw until the acceptance at the other school is a guaranteed thing though. So I am not expecting much movement before May 15th.
Thanks bofocion. Hope you get into your number 1 :).

I know accepted students can defer a year for any reason. Is it the same for a waitlister that gets in?

FYI - I just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck. It's a great school.

I emailed mcw once 3 weeks ago, and once 2 weeks ago and have not received any response. Is anyone having a bad experience getting emails returned?
That is really weird Grady? I emailed them a couple of days ago just make sure they received some updated information I sent them and they responded a few hours later. Maybe you should try calling instead? Also its the last week of April should we be expecting any news from them this week or next week in regards to the wait list?

That is really weird Grady? I emailed them a couple of days ago just make sure they received some updated information I sent them and they responded a few hours later. Maybe you should try calling instead? Also its the last week of April should we be expecting any news from them this week or next week in regards to the wait list?

And regarding the wait list, I have no idea! I was anticipating an email including the wait list rank last Friday.

The wait list has been ranked. 1st Quartile sooooo stoked :). I just hope theres a lot of movement this year. Also if anybody accepted wishes to withdraw their application, I would be greatly appreciative.

FIRST QUARTILE HECK YES!!!! On my interview day, Jen said all of the first quartilers "should" get in this year cuz they changed how they did things this year to avoid last year's waitlist snafu. Of course nothing is guaranteed so let's wait for some good news!!

Second quartile. Pretty bummed, but it happens. Congrats to all who made first quartile.

Lower half, was very bummed as well. Took an half hour to go from darn lower half to realizing that I had effectively been rejected from the school. Good chance I'll be reapplying... sadness..

1st quartile. Good luck to you all.

Sooooo absolutely happy guyz. I just received my offer of. Acceptance. :) finally the struggle is over

Reactions: 3 users
Sooooo absolutely happy guyz. I just received my offer of. Acceptance. :) finally the struggle is over
Big Congrats! the waitlist is already getting some movement on it though!? best of luck to all of those waiting to hear!

Accepted off the waitlist! First quartile. No more waiting!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users