2018-2019 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called him two Fridays ago and left a voicemail. He has not responded as of yet. I have been on the waitlist since mid February as a heads up

Members don't see this ad.

I called him two Fridays ago and left a voicemail. He has not responded as of yet. I have been on the waitlist since mid February as a heads up
I tried emailing and haven't heard back either.

I spoke with him last week. He said that the admissions committee met at the beginning of the week to start ranking the waitlist. He said most of the movement occurs in May and early June. So I'm hoping we will start getting some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with him last week. He said that the admissions committee met at the beginning of the week to start ranking the waitlist. He said most of the movement occurs in May and early June. So I'm hoping we will start getting some good news soon!

He told me the same thing. They met last week and ranked everyone, and might start pulling from the waitlist soon (?).. that part was a bit vague. But it does sound like most of the action happens in late May/ first half of June, and at that point they have a better idea of how many spots are open and how many people they’re going to pull from the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
you
He told me the same thing. They met last week and ranked everyone, and might start pulling from the waitlist soon (?).. that part was a bit vague. But it does sound like most of the action happens in late May/ first half of June, and at that point they have a better idea of how many spots are open and how many people they’re going to pull from the waitlist.
Did he give you your rank/tier?

Message me if you're a female looking for off campus housing!

Anyone have any recent updates for waitlist movement? I know someone earlier said they implied they wouldn’t have an idea of applicant tiers until mid June but is that just the estimated date to be able to tell applicants where they stand ? Or when they will begin to pull? Because if it’s the latter, is it me or is that kind of late to be just starting to pull from the WL compared to the past years ?

This wait is killing me. Quick update for those feeling like me. All seats are filled right now but they are expecting more drops. Not sure if that bodes well for my chances but I’ve been having a rough two weeks. I’m trying to stay optimistic in a crapshoot of bad luck right now. That is the update that I heard from Bob this morning. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone from sdn community pulled off waiting list?

I'd like to know if anyone from sdn got in as well, I've been trying to get a hold of Bob for weeks now without any luck. Been feeling extra terrible about all of this lately. Good luck to everyone waiting for some more WL movement!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to know if anyone from sdn got in as well, I've been trying to get a hold of Bob for weeks now without any luck. Been feeling extra terrible about all of this lately. Good luck to everyone waiting for some more WL movement!

I feel the same way, I am not sure if there are just more individuals interested in ACOM this year or if the traffic guidelines have interfered with movement. I was told a few people were lifted off the waitlist but I am not seeing the amount of movement I had anticipated. Hopefully we hear some good news soon, knowing that the seats are currently filled has left me constantly unsettled.

hey guys, i was waitlisted here but pulled out of the waitlist as i was accepted elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 users
I withdrew as well as I was accepted elsewhere

Reactions: 3 users

For the past couple weeks they have been consumed with getting everything ready for graduation. This could be as to why Bob hasn’t got back to you. The past two years graduation has taken a lot of their attention from mid-May til grad

I spoke with Bob about 2 weeks ago in regards to waitlist status and was told they rank it, make offers and wait a little so to expect movement late May to early June. Like others on this thread I am also over the wait - I'd like to know if I'm moving across the country sooner rather than later!

Spoke to him yesterday. Their class is full but it is "still too early to say" that all hope is lost/if there will be any more movement. He said to call back around the 2nd week of June. The only positive thing that I got out of the conversation was that he didn't say, "yeah you're toast, go ahead and reapply." I asked the hypothetical-rejection-situation question and he did give advice regarding what I should do if I did have to re-apply, so that was good too.

Spoke to him yesterday. Their class is full but it is "still too early to say" that all hope is lost/if there will be any more movement. He said to call back around the 2nd week of June. The only positive thing that I got out of the conversation was that he didn't say, "yeah you're toast, go ahead and reapply." I asked the hypothetical-rejection-situation question and he did give advice regarding what I should do if I did have to re-apply, so that was good too.

Did they already accept like 30+ people off the wait list like they usually do?

You would expect more movement since there are more seats to boot this year. Obviously we don’t know how many people they have pulled off the waitlist but it has to be a small number. I’d say, if more than 10 have been contacted and pulled, I’d be shocked. There is at least 10 of us active talking and on the waitlist. Idk how big the waitlist is but the odds that all of us are at the bottom of the rankings seems pretty small.

Edit:
Also I looked back at last years thread. I didn’t see the big movement like everyone is talking about. I definitely saw more people withdrawing bc of acceptances somewhere else around now but not “Yay OMFG just got off the waitlist. I’m going to be a doctor ‍⚕️ ‍⚕️“. Class starts in what 8 weeks something like that. My guess is the real movement won’t start until we are 4-5 weeks out. I say this based on what they told us at UAB in my interview there. Aside for extreme exceptions most everyone is pulled off the waitlist by 4 weeks out. If you assume that most schools are like UAB then it would make sense to see more movement for DO’s waitlist around 6 weeks out.

Just my thoughts on things.

Last edited:
Guessing admissions is preoccupied with commencement rn and we’ll see more WL afterwards

Waitlist movement is probably going to take longer this year due to AAMCs traffic guildeline changes. I'd prepare to reapply but wouldn't give up hope until July.

Waitlist movement is probably going to take longer this year due to AAMCs traffic guildeline changes. I'd prepare to reapply but wouldn't give up hope until July.

When is the beginning of school this year? When I started ACOM the beginning was June 24

Does anyone have any new updates?

I spoke with Bob yesterday! He said things have been slow compared to previous years. The seats are currently filled but they're expecting about 10-15 more drops soon (hopefully). I also asked him about ranking and he said he unfortunately doesn't have that information and they don't tell students usually. Hope this helps! Fingers crossed it works out for us all.

Reactions: 4 users
I spoke with Bob yesterday! He said things have been slow compared to previous years. The seats are currently filled but they're expecting about 10-15 more drops soon (hopefully). I also asked him about ranking and he said he unfortunately doesn't have that information and they don't tell students usually. Hope this helps! Fingers crossed it works out for us all.

It does help, thank you! I feel like I have been asking him too many questions and I don't want to come off as irritating. He told me last week or so that he will have more information by June 15. I'm hoping I get one of those 10-15 drops
:nailbiting:

It does help, thank you! I feel like I have been asking him too many questions and I don't want to come off as irritating. He told me last week or so that he will have more information by June 15. I'm hoping I get one of those 10-15 drops
:nailbiting:
You know, I used to think I was being too annoying too, but this is the time! I'm gonna fight for my case as long as I can. Let us know if you get any more information as well! And yes I hope I'm one of those 10-15 too!

FYI there are still ppl w/ 506 MCAT’s on the waitlist. Bob told me this is probably the most competitive year the school has had. I really regret rescheduling my interview to January when I could have interviewed in November. I feel like I got waitlisted for it. Sigh life lol. Good luck you guys who have been active these past couple weeks. I hope we are those 10-15 who get picked up off the waitlist.

Underdog with 511 MCAT wait listed over here. If you guys having already set up your applications to reapply, then really take this time to get those done. For me this year the verification process only took about a few hours. That way if things don't go our way this year at least we aren't traveling our self with a late submission for next year.

I know of one person who chose another school so at least one seat will Be opening up!

There’s one more one bedroom apartment available at Summerfield if anyone wants it I’d contact Brittney soon.

We have a group message started for the students from the class of 2023 and over this last week people have been dropping from the group like flies. To those of you on the waitlist I hope you get some movement. Look forward to meeting y’all

Reactions: 8 users
How was your GPA?

I applied this term with a similar MCAT and was accepted after my interview in November. I took the MCAT twice in the same year - scored 496 and 498 respectively. My GPA applying was 3.77 with my only C being in Organic Chem 2 lecture. I would stay optimistic as many people have been switching schools and dropping out of the group-me, (more and more each day).

So quiet, guess no one was pulled off the WL yet.

For the people in the GroupMe chat: Were any students added during the periods you started noticing the drops? I wonder if the amount of drops are still less than the amount the school over accepts which is why movement still hasn't occurred:(

So quiet, guess no one was pulled off the WL yet.
Yea, and not only that, but I remember some time back when people were saying that when they spoke with them, they said they would be able to give a better idea of where they were at by June 15th....well ladies and gents...it’s the 17th, so I wonder if we can call and receive that information.

Hi everyone, I just dropped my seat today. Hope it goes to one of you guys! Hang in there.