2019-2020 Texas Tech, El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any OOS people hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Prematched on Tuesday! But didn't get any information about scholarship, can anyone provide any information on the scholarship from the school?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched on Tuesday! But didn't get any information about scholarship, can anyone provide any information on the scholarship from the school?

I received my scholarship letter in May, so I believe it is held until post-match.

Reactions: 1 user
I pre-matched and received a scholarship email as well on 10/15

I stand corrected! I pre-matched as well, but the initial email(s) did not include scholarships until later

I received a $15,000 scholarship renewable each year a few hours after pre-match. Have not filled out FAFSA

Reactions: 2 users
Based on previous posts, seems like OP has a 520/4.0 and is at a T20 undergrad, so a stellar applicant

I think scholarships given during prematch will be merit based and then after match they may start doing need based scholarships once they have our FAFSA information

Are there still interviews being given out here? Or does anyone know what month they're scheduling into now? Looking towards reapplication at this point with zero IIs from any texas schools so far.

Are there still interviews being given out here? Or does anyone know what month they're scheduling into now? Looking towards reapplication at this point with zero IIs from any texas schools so far.
PM me

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing here tomorrow. Any advice from previous interviewees or current students?

Know obamacare, know what works and doesn't work with the current state of our health care, and brush up on ethics.

I am interviewing here tomorrow. Any advice from previous interviewees or current students?

In general, the interviews are really laid back. Be mindful of your application - know what you wrote about in your PS and secondaries. If they ask you something you don't know, take time and think of an answer. There's no shame in admitting what you don't know.

The interview seasons last for 2 more months, so its hard to predict. Its definitely not early as the holiday season is approaching.

Just called and they said you do NOT have to pay the $100 deposit fee to guarantee a spot if your prematch. You only have to accept the offer on the portal right now and pay the $100 by May 15 if you decide to commit to PLFSOM
Wait so I paid the $100. If I get another offer at another school, does that mean that I cannot accept that offer?

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

Wait so I paid the $100. If I get another offer at another school, does that mean that I cannot accept that offer?

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

All prematch offers are non binding even if you pay the fee.

Have any late September applicants received interviews?

Gave up my interview spot here--good luck y'all!

II 30 minutes ago! Dates available were 12/5, 12/12

Hi everyone! I’m new to SDN. First-time applicant. Really hoping for El Paso. II 10/11, completed 8/26. Just interviewed last week. Congrats to all the pre-matched! Good luck to the rest

Reactions: 4 users
Are there plenty of Uber/Lyft in the area? or should I reserve an airport taxi in advance?

For anyone who already interviewed here, when did the interview day end usually? It says in the email that it will end by 3 PM. I am wondering if my return flight at 5PM would be cutting it too close.

For anyone who already interviewed here, when did the interview day end usually? It says in the email that it will end by 3 PM. I am wondering if my return flight at 5PM would be cutting it too close.

That should be fine, they had us put what time our flights were so the shuttle could leave on time.

Could any current students PM me? I have a few questions and a variety of diverse answers and opinions would help tremendously. Thanks!

Anyone interviewed here if you don't mind what is the approx mcat and gpa. I am still waiting for an interview

Anyone that has not prematched get an email for eraider account? I just got it

Reactions: 3 users