Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Talked to them yesterday, they're apparently taking the next week off due to the first week of classes. The next meeting will be the week after that :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

II just now!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II as well.

Incredibly grateful and excited. I thought about my secondary video for a long time.

Also, I am beginning to suspect that my LORs must be stellar considering my underdog stats. Regardless, BCOM seems to have an innovative and ambitious curriculum. I look forward to learning more.

Reactions: 1 user
II as well.

Incredibly grateful and excited. I thought about my secondary video for a long time.

Also, I am beginning to suspect that my LORs must be stellar considering my underdog stats. Regardless, BCOM seems to have an innovative and ambitious curriculum. I look forward to learning more.
I'd like to offer you my perspective—you or your stats are NOT an "underdog". Those are just numbers. Although, these numbers are conventionally used by most institutions to initiate an introduction to us applicants, an "Interview Invite" puts ALL OF US on the SAME playing field.

Congratulations!!!!!

Honest I don't remember when I was complete. However I know they must be literally swamped with hundreds of applications.

Honest I don't remember when I was complete. However I know they must be literally swamped with hundreds of applications.
I'm sure they are! Thanks for replying though :)

I kind of went out there with my secondary video starting to wish I went a bit more traditional lol

Some of the videos I watched were nearly abstract art. I think you will be fine.

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile

To anyone applying here, there will not be federal financial aid available 2017. Just read back in this thread if you have concerns.

To anyone applying here, there will not be federal financial aid available 2017. Just read back in this thread if you have concerns.
When would they have federal aid/loans available? Is it next year? I believe that's when they graduate the first class

Members don't see this ad :)
When would they have federal aid/loans available? Is it next year? I believe that's when they graduate the first class
I THINK it's 2018. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! May I ask, approx. when did each of you submit your primary/secondary/got a "complete"?

I submitted my secondary about two weeks ago and never got a complete email.

II! I didn't expect this because I turned in my secondary 7/25 and never got a complete email. When I double checked the status of my app two days ago my LOR were still missing. I guess everything just got reviewed literally these past couple of days.

Reactions: 1 users
When are y'all interviewing? I'm on 9/11.

II here on Friday! Scheduled for mid-October! :)

Me too. Oct 17 I believe.

I think I'm the 10th...I'm excited to see New Mexico. I've never been but I've heard it's beautiful. Trying to decide if I'm going to drive and make a trip out of it or just fly into Albuquerque.

Anyone know of any way to schedule or ask about an earlier interview? Unlikely, I know, but thought I would at least ask.

I picked Oct 10th, but I was planning on attending a wedding that weekend!

Anyone know of any way to schedule or ask about an earlier interview? Unlikely, I know, but thought I would at least ask.

Call Bcom...I doubt it will work, but worth a chance.

Does BCOM only do interviews on Mondays?

I just changed my course schedule around to accommodate for Friday interviews(thought that was the norm) and have lab on Mondays now. I don't have an II here or anything but just trying to organize the safest schedule possible with labs and what not that can't be missed just incase I do get some more IIs (optimistic planning lol)

I just changed my course schedule around to accommodate for Friday interviews(thought that was the norm) and have lab on Mondays now. I don't have an II here or anything but just trying to organize the safest schedule possible with labs and what not that can't be missed just incase I do get some more IIs (optimistic planning lol)

No, I saw some Fridays as available dates.

Is there an aggregated way to see previous interview advice, like some obvious forum I may be overlooking? I have so many tabs open on Chrome it's ridiculous at looking up past advice.

I can confirm that there are Friday interviews as I'm scheduled for one haha

They do interview on Monday. I have their interview on monday 22nd

i got an email july 20th saying that BCOM received my primary; however I still haven't gotten an email regarding a secondary. Should I be concerned or is this just b/c i submitted relatively late?

i got an email july 20th saying that BCOM received my primary; however I still haven't gotten an email regarding a secondary. Should I be concerned or is this just b/c i submitted relatively late?

I got that email and was wondering why I hadn't gotten a secondary yet and I emailed and they said they had sent me a secondary already(and they said they sent it on the day I got the primary received). But they were very nice about resending me a secondary immediately when I emailed them. This may have happened to you too

I may potentially be cancelling my Sept. 12 II. So if I do, I will let you know the second I do it so you can call and snatch it!

I got that email and was wondering why I hadn't gotten a secondary yet and I emailed and they said they had sent me a secondary already(and they said they sent it on the day I got the primary received). But they were very nice about resending me a secondary immediately when I emailed them. This may have happened to you too

Thanks! thats exactly what happened to me. i emailed them and was immediately sent the secondary!

I never received primary received or any secondary link for BCOM? Has anyone been in that situation? I received all secondaries except BCOM, LUCOM and Western.

I never received primary received or any secondary link for BCOM? Has anyone been in that situation? I received all secondaries except BCOM, LUCOM and Western.

I would definitely send an email to check it out. When did you get verified from AACOMAS? Some schools can take up to 2 weeks to send em out when they're busy

I would definitely send an email to check it out. When did you get verified from AACOMAS? Some schools can take up to 2 weeks to send em out when they're busy

I believe it was verified on July 29th. It was definately before August. I have received secondaries from other schools except BCOM, LUCOM and Western Pacific.

I believe it was verified on July 29th. It was definately before August. I have received secondaries from other schools except BCOM, LUCOM and Western Pacific.
It's not late in the cycle, but it's also not early. So, I would suggest you call them—preferrably early in the morning as phone call-traffic is slower (from my observations) and you have a better chance to catch them at ease. Email would also work as well!

It's not late in the cycle, but it's also not early. So, I would suggest you call them—preferrably early in the morning as phone call-traffic is slower (from my observations) and you have a better chance to catch them at ease. Email would also work as well!
Ok thanks I will do that. I hope its not pre-secondary rejection.

Ok thanks I will do that. I hope its not pre-secondary rejection.
You're welcome! I'd worry about the "rejection" only when, and if it comes. Until then, rock out and kill every secondary and interview you have :)

Know people at the school, apparently building and location is absolutely beautiful and the curriculum intense. This place is going to get harder and harder to get into.

It is actually still quite early in the DO cycle.

For anyone who has met the admission requirement and has not received a secondary from BCOM, I would suggest to email them about the application status. I never recieved any primary confirmation or a secondary link but when I emailed them this morning, they told me that they sent me one long time ago which I never recieved. Thankfully, they sent me one again.