Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me. But I also just interviewed last week

Ok thanks! I interviewed last week, too. I was panicking that I accidentally chose Regular Decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone put Early Decision but not have a change on their portal? Mine still says "Congrats. You have been selected for an interview."
uhhh it was supposed to change after your interview to say "thank you for interviewing. you will be notified when the adcom has made a decision."

uhhh it was supposed to change after your interview to say "thank you for interviewing. you will be notified when the adcom has made a decision."
If you interviewed at SH it says "Congrats..." until the committee makes a decision.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thanks! I interviewed last week, too. I was panicking that I accidentally chose Regular Decision.

Yea I am just ready to hear! I saw you interviewed at Seton Hill? What did you think?
I interviewed at Erie but am really into PBL so I ranked Seton Hill #2

Yea I am just ready to hear! I saw you interviewed at Seton Hill? What did you think?
I interviewed at Erie but am really into PBL so I ranked Seton Hill #2

I loved it! The undergraduate campus is really beautiful, and all of the faculty and staff were very friendly. I am actually from Florida, so I expected it to be similar to LECOM-B but found that it was a much more relaxed environment.

I loved it! The undergraduate campus is really beautiful, and all of the faculty and staff were very friendly. I am actually from Florida, so I expected it to be similar to LECOM-B but found that it was a much more relaxed environment.

Great! On my drive back home, I stopped on the campus. It is beautiful. Didn't get to the see facilities though unfortunately.

But compared to Bradenton, I can imagine the cost of living is much less.

Just saw that my portal changed. Now it says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

Reactions: 1 users
Just saw that my portal changed. Now it says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."
Pre or post interview?

Reactions: 1 user

LECOM-B appears to give off a more strict vibe judging from posters on SDN, but IIRC their tuition is lower but with COL it could be higher for all I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious...is that good news or bad? Have read on previous years that this message is not good news. Wonder if any accepted students received this message.

I've been calling my parents every morning to see if there's a letter in the mail for me because I'm out of town currently lol. But I thought that if we got accepted they're not mailing letters out until September 30th? So even if the status changed, they might not mail the letters out until Sept 30th.

Last years thread mentioned the letters were post marked on the decision day or the day before .

It would be nice if we could fast forward to next week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last years thread mentioned the letters were post marked on the decision day or the day before .

It would be nice if we could fast forward to next week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Maybe we are all get rejected due to early mailing?? It's not even 30th yet lol

This is my biweekly-ish reminder that the Portal timing means nothing. And I'm not convinced the various renditions of the post-interview message mean anything. Hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
large.jpg

Me for the next week

Reactions: 8 users
Just got an interview invite via email! Gonna be there December 9th!

Got the completion email Aug 23rd if that helps anyone.

II today. I need to look up info on living in PA....

Loll, Erie does not have nice weather.... unless you like snow. It's the snowiest city in America!
Haha I didn't know if they were going to Erie or greensburg I live 20 mins away from greensburg and I love it here

Last edited:
Not a fan of snow lol. Scheduled interview late in the year and hoping for an acceptance closer. Will happily give the II to someone else if I'm accepted elsewhere.

Last edited:
No one accepted here interview at SH, right? I keep on forgetting there are two threads lol

I don't why people don't like Erie! I loved it when I visited...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't why people don't like Erie! I loved it when I visited...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too many draconian rules. "okay" match list. But it is still better than the carribean and the tuition costs are really low.