Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this true?

Last interview day is April 29th on our schedule. Unless they are already booked out till then I don't think they are done sending out invites.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the purpose of the LizzyM thing?

Like someone mentioned, it's an equation based on GPA and MCAT. It's just another way that people like to think of their ranking in the hierarchy of SDN pre-med world. I never paid much attention to it.

Is the committee meeting today? I remember hearing that last Wed they were catching up on the prior interview week because of the snow, and perhaps only got through half of the interviewees from 1/22.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been invited for an interview recently that can tell me what interview dates they are on now?

Hello all! I am also waiting to hear back from LMU for hopefully an interview!!
Getting extremely nervous and hoping to hear back!! :shrug:

Hello all! I am also waiting to hear back from LMU for hopefully an interview!!
Getting extremely nervous and hoping to hear back!! :shrug:

When did you apply? I was waiting to hear back and gave them a call and they told me, "Oh! It looks like we need to set up an interview for you." Sometimes they get busy so if you've been complete for a while, it doesn't hurt to call. I called and said that I was wondering what the status of my application was because I hadn't heard anything from them in a while.

When did you apply? I was waiting to hear back and gave them a call and they told me, "Oh! It looks like we need to set up an interview for you." Sometimes they get busy so if you've been complete for a while, it doesn't hurt to call. I called and said that I was wondering what the status of my application was because I hadn't heard anything from them in a while.

Same thing happened to me about a month ago!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow! I was complete early Jan and they told me if I don't get an e-mail in a couple of weeks then I should call them.
I am going to give them a call tomorrow thank you! :D

They just sent me my matriculation paperwork after they e-mailed and said I didn't submit the matriculation agreement (I did over a month ago). Anyway, they found it after I assured them it was delivered since I had delivery confirmation. I am now working on matriculation documents. :clap:

They just sent me my matriculation paperwork after they e-mailed and said I didn't submit the matriculation agreement (I did over a month ago). Anyway, they found it after I assured them it was delivered since I had delivery confirmation. I am now working on matriculation documents. :clap:
Is there a fb group yet?

Same thing happened to me about a month ago!

I gave them a call this morning per y'alls advice, and Brittany informed me they still haven't gotten to my file yet! :( but hey no news is better than bad news! Hoping and Praying really hard!
Just wanted to let you all know! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I gave them a call this morning per y'alls advice, and Brittany informed me they still haven't gotten to my file yet! :( but hey no news is better than bad news! Hoping and Praying really hard!
Just wanted to let you all know! :)

Just hang in there and think positively!

Does anyone know how many people DCOM plans to take out of their current Masters students class?

I read someplace on this website that about a third of the DCOM first year classes was people from their Masters Program.

Did DCOM take a lot of students through Early Decision?
Anybody know what is the acceptance deposit amount?

Last edited:
Anyone that has interview this cycle, was the interview over by 2pm?

Hi all! Long time no post but I have been drowning in Biochemistry (Exam has been delayed for 2 days because of 2 snow days woohoo! Go Southern Living!) Side note- Biochem 2 is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than 1! Whyyy?

Anyways on to my main Q:

I recently was awarded a grant for my research (Yay!) Nothing major, but still something I am happy with. I wanted to update my application, but am not sure how to go about it. Do I just send an e-mail to admissions saying "Hey just wanted to update my app!" or is there an actual etiquette// route of action you go through?

I recently was awarded a grant for my research (Yay!) Nothing major, but still something I am happy with. I wanted to update my application, but am not sure how to go about it. Do I just send an e-mail to admissions saying "Hey just wanted to update my app!" or is there an actual etiquette// route of action you go through?

Pretty much, just a simple e-mail to admissions is all you need to do. Don't forget to include your name.

PS. Half day today, we went to morning lectures and come lunch time, we got an e-mail saying campus was closing down for the day. Should be open tomorrow as I think we are done with snow for the week but a rumor got to me that we might get a lot of snow on Monday.

Hi all,

I am a current masters student and was recently accepted to DCOM. If you have any questions about anything please inbox me.
Hey I have a question. I heard that since the new dean is coming in there is a push for mandatory attendance, is that true?

Hey I have a question. I heard that since the new dean is coming in there is a push for mandatory attendance, is that true?

I personally have not officially heard this is something they plan on, but what I do know is that the new dean is already making progress getting DCOM some really cool clinical sites. I would disregard any rumors you are hearing...

I personally have not officially heard this is something they plan on, but what I do know is that the new dean is already making progress getting DCOM some really cool clinical sites. I would disregard any rumors you are hearing...
That is great to hear! I am excited about going to DCOM, the staff and students seemed really kind. Thank you for your quick response.

Pretty much, just a simple e-mail to admissions is all you need to do. Don't forget to include your name.

PS. Half day today, we went to morning lectures and come lunch time, we got an e-mail saying campus was closing down for the day. Should be open tomorrow as I think we are done with snow for the week but a rumor got to me that we might get a lot of snow on Monday.
Okay that is what I did! :)
Yup heard the same rumor! I am in Nashville so we are supposed to get some of that snow action on Monday too!

Have any II's gone out recently? This Friday marks one month since they said I was complete..

@mhk12 can you elaborate on possible clinical sites?

Yeah, during my interview when asked if I had any questions, I basically asked what you're asking me. I was told that the new dean is bringing with him some serious experience with acquiring new clinical sites. Also, students have been talking about a new clinical site in particular that is pretty appealing but I do not want to spread rumors because I haven't seen anything official.

Last edited:
Still haven't heard back from here.....completed in November.

Just now checking this thread out. What appears to be be the average accepted MCAT by DCOM per the new scale for this cycle?

Call them

They told me that my app still hasn't been reviewed which kind of scares me. I'm thinking I'm one of those apps that they're just gonna look at near the end and reject me since I've been rejected from every D.O. school this cycle. :/ MCAT: 504 GPA 3.25 with DO letter/shadowing, co-founder of DO club at school, publication/presentation, and lots of clinical hours from being EMT plus more EC's. Maybe it's because I applied in November, but I at least thought I'd get one interview this cycle. Definitely going to retake MCAT again and apply real early next cycle, but I'm turning 23 this August and feel like I lost so much time. :S

They told me that my app still hasn't been reviewed which kind of scares me. I'm thinking I'm one of those apps that they're just gonna look at near the end and reject me since I've been rejected from every D.O. school this cycle. :/ MCAT: 504 GPA 3.25 with DO letter/shadowing, co-founder of DO club at school, publication/presentation, and lots of clinical hours from being EMT plus more EC's. Maybe it's because I applied in November, but I at least thought I'd get one interview this cycle. Definitely going to retake MCAT again and apply real early next cycle, but I'm turning 23 this August and feel like I lost so much time. :S

I wanted to chime in about your comment about being 23 and how you "lost so much time". I know it is frustrating, but your time will come! I am 26 and just got into medical school this round. After my bachelors as a non-science major, I had to take a year off due to a family matter. Then I attended a post-bacc program due to a lack in pre-reqs and the need to retake classes. Hoping to apply my last year of my post-bacc, I couldn't because my MCAT just wasn't where it needed to be. So I had to retake the MCAT and wait another cycle to apply!! It felt like I was SO BEHIND, because according the the "normal path", I was. So just a little support from a non-trad applicant, keep fighting for your dream and your time will soon come! Best of luck to you and your future! :)

I'm 27 and near the older age group in the class. 23 would be smack dab in the middle. We also have a few individuals in the 30s and maybe higher. Not really going to pry into the specifics since that's a bit personal.

Ps. DCOM is closed today due to snow

A 3.25 without a good post bac is risky. I got in with around a 3.2 but I had a post bac of 3.9. Show them you can handle med school.

There's a few of us at 40+.
Hang in there! Im 34 with a family and I don't have the ideal GPA due to old course work before I joined the Military. You have a respectable MCAT score and it sounds like good ECs. I have worked around a lot of doctors who have encouraged me to apply because of my work ethic, my extensive military background and medical reserach. Some of those doctors have been on admission boards. Something I have learned from them and the process, is that the system is rigged. I think there are some schools who take a "holistic approach" to an application, but it seems that most just care about numbers. I know some will argue this, but A doctor who has been helping me is a prior PJ who was rejected from the school he wanted to attend. He wrote a letter to that school and ended up getting into that school and crushing medical school and his ER residency. He did not have a good score on the MCAT, or a good GPA, but because of his background he was given a shot. He has helped several ex special operations guys get into medical school without "good scores" and they all did great in medical school and their residencies. Hopefully someone will take a good look at your application and see your maturity and accomplishments. With all that said, keep trying and don't quit, you are young (Be that squeaky wheel).

Hey everyone,

I'm interviewing here on February 26th, and this is my #1 desired osteopathic school to go to. I just have a quick question about the on-campus housing (in case I am fortunate enough to be accepted):
I need to know more about the Shelton and Langley Halls - I read that these are on-campus specifically for the DCOM students. Does anyone live here and can give me a review of the living? Also, what is the internet speed in the halls?

I really appreciate any help and best wishes to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I called and checked in about my application, I was told it was a 503.

Wow that is really rather high right? It is really confusing with the whole new scoring system, but I believe in the past the average was around a 24 correct?
It is so annoying to see that different schools are equating different new scores to the old. (One school told me a 492=24 another said 500=25, no way that can be right!) Anyone else frustrated with that?

Also I know this seems like I am just complaining in comparison to those who have been submitted since Nov, but this week makes 5 weeks since they marked me complete. What was everyone's wait time? Anxious as this is my #1 choice! Keep trying to get in contact with a specific lady in admissions who was so sweet and helpful who I had spoken to the first time I called, but I keep getting another lady who is nice, but lacking in some way. (not in a mean way at all! Just isn't as through in answering my questions)

Wow that is really rather high right? It is really confusing with the whole new scoring system, but I believe in the past the average was around a 24 correct?
It is so annoying to see that different schools are equating different new scores to the old. (One school told me a 492=24 another said 500=25, no way that can be right!) Anyone else frustrated with that?

Also I know this seems like I am just complaining in comparison to those who have been submitted since Nov, but this week makes 5 weeks since they marked me complete. What was everyone's wait time? Anxious as this is my #1 choice! Keep trying to get in contact with a specific lady in admissions who was so sweet and helpful who I had spoken to the first time I called, but I keep getting another lady who is nice, but lacking in some way. (not in a mean way at all! Just isn't as through in answering my questions)
Actually, the second person had it right. 500 is ~25 on the old one.

As for wait time, I submitted in July and heard back in September.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Been reading this thread for awhile now and all the stats/info helped me a lot--so will put my experience in the books for you and anyone else interested:
Submitted secondary late Nov.,complete email mid Dec., silence for almost 2 months so I called per the advice of many SDNers (thanks!). They offered me an interview on the phone earlier this month. Stats: MCAT low 20s & 503, GPA 3.3s/3.6c, diverse EC's.

Movement is happening! Hope you hear soon :)

Last edited:

It seems pretty good to me; actually, the higher average makes me more attracted to the school. I was under a naive impression prior to applying to DO schools that DO is easier, but it's not (I've learned this through applying lol). In terms of the conversions, I completely agree, it's frustrating because we were the first year for the new exam. They are not all converting the same, and I don't think it's even pragmatic to convert - we had an entire new section added, so they are trying to equate apples to apples + oranges. However, for conversion, all I did was look up percentiles of the old exam to percentiles of the new exam. Granted, there are some fluctuations depending on the exam, but overall the percentiles matched with the scores pretty consistently. So, on the old exam, a 25 was the 49th percentile. For the new one, a 500 is the 51st percentile. I got these numbers from the AAMC website just now.

In terms of when to hear back; it took me a long time to hear back. There are a number of schools that still haven't gotten back to me, and I checked in with a few the other day, and they said the same thing they've been saying: I'm at "file complete" status and they will update me.

It's a tough waiting game, being in limbo, but hang in there.

Is anyone that is interviewing this Friday, going to the meet and greet dinner on Thursday night?

That is great to hear! I am excited about going to DCOM, the staff and students seemed really kind. Thank you for your quick response.

Glad to hear you're excited about being here! Heads up though - I think we have a few San Jose Sharks fans in the incoming class hahaha!

Been reading this thread for awhile now and all the stats/info helped me a lot--so will put my experience in the books for you and anyone else interested:
Submitted secondary late Nov.,complete email mid Dec., silence for almost 2 months so I called per the advice of many SDNers (thanks!). They offered me an interview on the phone earlier this month. Stats: MCAT low 20s & 503, GPA 3.3s/3.6c, diverse EC's.

Movement is happening! Hope you hear soon :)
Think I will give them a call on Friday! Thank marks 6 weeks! I feel bad calling and bugging them, but at the same time I'm sooooooo anxious as this is my first choice! I have similar stats to you except a lower new MCAT score, and a little higher GPA!
So glad you got an interview! CONGRATS!
Just out of curiosity who did you talk to? I have been trying to get in contact with Becky since I first talked to her but no dice! She was so helpful!

I believe, if I remember correctly, her name was Rebecca...so possibly Becky?? Not sure if that's the same person. I called on a Tuesday afternoon and that's just who I was put on the line with. Didn't talk to her for long at all, she quickly transferred me to Robin who shared the good news. :)

Thank you!! With similar numbers, hopefully good news is headed your way as well. Can I ask why this is your top choice? I like everything I see so far, but other perspectives really help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app