Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have got to be kidding me. My pre-med adviser didn't think it was a problem. Even after 30 credits of straight A's in upper level biology courses?

I think I'm going to be sick.

How about you just call the admissions counselor at NSU and everywhere else you're applying and ASK! Everyone is just giving their opinions not facts. Don't bug out, go to the source. :)

Members don't see this ad.

How about you just call the admissions counselor at NSU and everywhere else you're applying and ASK! Everyone is just giving their opinions not facts. Don't bug out, go to the source. :)

Thank you for talking the knife off my wrist. LOL

You know how stressful this process is! I have been killing myself trying to do well after that bad semester and to have to go back and take a remedial freshman biology course would really suck. I'll figure it out.

I wonder when they are going to email out the secondaries? I hate being anxious.

Members don't see this ad :)

You know how stressful this process is! I have been killing myself trying to do well after that bad semester and to have to go back and take a remedial freshman biology course would really suck. I'll figure it out.

No problem! It is very stressful but I guess they figure if we can survive the whole application process without ending up at a psych ward, we'll make it through medical school :cool:

I just want to get the secondaries over with so I can start pretending that I don't care if I get in and induce myself into temporary amnesia until August when interview invites start coming out. :laugh: And then again until acceptance notifications start going out.

No problem! It is very stressful but I guess they figure if we can survive the whole application process without ending up at a psych ward, we'll make it through medical school :cool:
:laugh: SO true! The process is rough! My friend in the Navy said he'd rather go back to Iraq than go through this process again. He's a med student at USUHS.

I'm still nail biting my MCAT scores. I am so nervous about it.

Doesn't suck as much as getting rejected.... but the other posts are right you should call and confirm...you never know...

Recieved a copy of my submitted secondary today and would like to give everyone a word of advice....Do not copy and paste from microsoft word into the text fields or else you'll get weird coding in the translation. Really hope they make me re-submit lol.

:thumbdown: dang

Did you get an email or what?

Yea, you really shouldn't start worrying until after you talk to someone at the admissions office(s). Hopefully they will be understanding. Call tomorrow!!!

Recieved a copy of my submitted secondary today and would like to give everyone a word of advice....Do not copy and paste from microsoft word into the text fields or else you'll get weird coding in the translation. Really hope they make me re-submit lol.

I think you should call and confess. That way they will reset it for you. I wouldnt want you to get rejected because of this

Confess to what? I didn't do anything wrong. Anyone can go on and submit a 2ndary if they wanted to. If it was a big deal they wouldn't have the website right on the home page for people to access. The coding isn't that bad just a few random "–"'s, which looks funny. Anywho, If I find sometime tommorrow I'm going to call and play stupid (like I don't read these fourms lol) in hops of seeing if they'll reset me. I'll let everyone know what they say.

I didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong per say. Just that you should call confess that you filled out the app and the code came out funny and you didn't know you shouldn't copy and paste. I mean it worked just fine everywhere else why would you think it would screw up here.... thats what I am saying

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they already released this year's secondary? If so, what's the prompt? Thanks!

Hey guys, we have to wait to fill out the secondary correct? Will they send an email?

Hey guys, we have to wait to fill out the secondary correct? Will they send an email?

Yes, they will send you an e-mail. Some people have been filling it out without an invite though, so it is up to you if you want to do that instead of wait.

Yes, they will send you an e-mail. Some people have been filling it out without an invite though, so it is up to you if you want to do that instead of wait.

Gotcha thanks!

I get the excitement going on guys/gals.. but I'd rather wait until NSU calls me to fill their secondary.

I get the excitement going on guys/gals.. but I'd rather wait until NSU calls me to fill their secondary.

:boom:You feel like this

Meh... I was just verified last week and I am still waiting for letters anyway... I can wait.. not in any rush to do more work and worry...

You know Nova shouldn't make the secondary available until they want people to fill it out

Right? SDN preaches being complete early so its only natural for us to want to be as early as possible. Its tempting to fill it out knowing that its RIGHT THERE....but I'll wait :/

They accepted my secondary and no "formatting" issues.

So did all of you already send in your secondary? I hope I'm not the only one waiting for the email...

So did all of you already send in your secondary? I hope I'm not the only one waiting for the email...

Im waiting too man. I would anticipate one this week.

Tempted to fill it out, but I assume following directions is the way to go.

Good to hear! Are any of you guys waiting on MCAT scores or do you all have them in already? I'm wondering if my app won't be processed until I get my scores later this month.

Good luck everyone!

I'm confused about how to do this thing.. I already had a thing created. Nevermind, just created a new one.

Lol @ How did you learn about osteopathic medicine? Y/N

I'm confused about how to do this thing.. I already had a thing created. Nevermind, just created a new one.

Lol @ How did you learn about osteopathic medicine? Y/N

I smiled when I got to that question as well. At least we didn't have to write an essay ;-)

I smiled when I got to that question as well. At least we didn't have to write an essay ;-)

I bet they fix it later in the cycle and late applicants have to write an essay. Suckers!

What kind of letter are you guys using for the liberal arts letter? Im guessing any non science letter will suffice?

Secondary Submitted OOS 7/3

I'm guessing we send LOR later?

Secondary Submitted OOS 7/3

I'm guessing we send LOR later?

I submitted my secondary today once I got the email. I called NOVA and they told me to go ahead and submit my LORs via Interfolio.
However....she also said I should submit my official transcripts to them as well (in addition to the ones sent to AACOMAS). I asked if this should be done NOW or once I am offered an interview or accepted. She insisted that I should send them NOW. I am going to wait until I get an official email or something requesting that. Transcripts are somewhat of a hassle for me (lots of schools, foreign credentials, etc...) so I want to wait for that. Their website says that they should be sent AFTER acceptance. I told the lady on the phone this, but she said that this was for people that were currently in school. If you are done with school (which I am), you should submit now. Anybody have a similar experience? Any thoughts?