Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email at 3:04 am, which woke me up. Got really excited to see it was from NSU but the email was just, we received your document UAR...i don't even know what a UAR means...anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone interviewing Sept 9? Also has anyone already been interviewed or has a date before the 9th? If so please message me!

Members don't see this ad :)
9/16 interview. Just booked my tickets! Will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Plantation Florida. My plane arrives at FLL at 10AM on 9/15 so hopefully they can accommodate me an early check in. Anyone else also staying at the Hampton Inn down to hang out?!

Ps. Apparently holiday inn express cannot guarantee shuttle to Nova campus so be aware!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
How long after application being "processed" and getting the phone call have people typically been receiving interview invites?

Any idea on what it's like to be interviewed early/chances of acceptance?

If that's what France is asking

9/16 interview. Just booked my tickets! Will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Plantation Florida. My plane arrives at FLL at 10AM on 9/15 so hopefully they can accommodate me an early check in. Anyone else also staying at the Hampton Inn down to hang out?!

Ps. Apparently holiday inn express cannot guarantee shuttle to Nova campus so be aware!

I'm also interviewing on 9/16 and staying at the Hampton Inn... :laugh: (I'll probably check in much later than you though)

I'm also interviewing on 9/16 and staying at the Hampton Inn... :laugh: (I'll probably check in much later than you though)
Nice, I will in the dog in a human outfit! lol jk,

I'm sure there will a group of us all for that date's interview, looking forward to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS people with IIs who have <30 MCATs ?

hey guys I'm an m1 here. If you have questions feel free to PM me. I have an exam Friday so I'll check after. This school is great, the weather is amazing, you're going to get a great education.

I just called today, and I'm still under review. Anyone else have this status?

I received the call that i was complete a long time ago, is there any rhyme or reason to how NOVA sends out ii's or any form of decision on the complete application?

I'm in state, complete since mid-July and only communication has been the 'under review' call. No news is good news, I think they prioritize and defer certain apps for later review. My friend that got in last year was complete in august, II in October.

I'm in state, complete since mid-July and only communication has been the 'under review' call. No news is good news, I think they prioritize and defer certain apps for later review. My friend that got in last year was complete in august, II in October.
The only communication I have received was an email hinting I was complete. Is there anyway to confirm this?

Call them, I don't know the extension but it should be on their website. They're really helpful

In your first email from them about your supplemental application then gave the number.

"Please feel free to contact the Health Professions Division (HPD) Office of Admissions at 1-877-640-0218,or email at [email protected], if you have any questions."

They are helpful and will let you know if your application is under review or if you are missing anything.

In your first email from them about your supplemental application then gave the number.

"Please feel free to contact the Health Professions Division (HPD) Office of Admissions at 1-877-640-0218,or email at [email protected], if you have any questions."

They are helpful and will let you know if your application is under review or if you are missing anything.
I am guessing they are closed so I emailed them.

I am guessing they are closed so I emailed them.
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they're open 24 hours a day. I remember thinking how bizarre that was when I called and heard that.

Well it shouldn't be too long for them to email me back
I just want to let you know that I have been in contact with them on an e-mail basis, and they are really swamped with applications and their first class starting. With that being the case, it has taken them sometimes 2 weeks to respond to my email. I am not complaining at all or anything, I just wanted to let you know that it might take some time before they respond to your e-mail. If you get a response earlier, well, more power to you!

Are there specific dates they send out interview invites? or just randomly

Congrats!!! Are you OOS??? Also would you mind sharing your stats??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I live in Miami, 28 Mcat and 3.8 gpa

II today as well! In state, avg MCAT, high GPA and scheduled for October 7! Hope to see some of you there!

II today as well! In state, avg MCAT, high GPA and scheduled for October 7! Hope to see some of you there!

Congrats!!! I'm so jealous! When were you complete???

Looks like i spoke too soon to ask, congrats to you all on your ii. Hope to get one from NSU in the future too :D

Anyone have an idea of chances of acceptance after an interview? Is it basically yours to lose?

If someone reschedules from 9/9 can you please let me know, Im scheduled 9/11 and really wanna move to 9/9. Thanks

Cool, congrats! Best of luck guys. Hopefully, Nova loves to accept interviewees

When were you all complete?? I'm dying of anticipation!!!!

Anyone have an idea of chances of acceptance after an interview? Is it basically yours to lose?

I think the rate of acceptance from interview is something like ~65%. I looked at last year's thread and it seems like a lot of people from the earliest interviews got WL'd. I know it's small sample size and whatnot but makes me kinda nervous for my early interview. I'd love to go here and to know early!

I think the rate of acceptance from interview is something like ~65%. I looked at last year's thread and it seems like a lot of people from the earliest interviews got WL'd. I know it's small sample size and whatnot but makes me kinda nervous for my early interview. I'd love to go here and to know early!

Yeah, thanks for the info! I wonder if that had something to do with the admission counselor leaving