Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you all complete?? I'm dying of anticipation!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted my secondary the first day it was available (I'm from the area and applied the first day possible). I got the complete phone call shortly after (that week I think). So I've been waiting a while haha.

Good luck to everyone else though!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my secondary the first day it was available (I'm from the area and applied the first day possible). I got the complete phone call shortly after (that week I think). So I've been waiting a while haha.

Good luck to everyone else though!
Stats?

Hey guys,

So I was taking a look at the NSU page in the AACOM CIB: http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/2014cib/2014cib-60 NSU-COM.pdf

If you go all the way to the bottom where it talks about financial aid, it says that out-of-state tuition is $46,195 and then below that it says that estimated living expenses are $41,172/year. That comes out to a grand total of $87,367/year. Is this accurate?

Compared to LECOM-E, for example, the living expenses are $23,000/year. How can there be an $18,000 difference in just living expenses? In total, it's nearly $35,000 cheaper PER YEAR to go to LECOM-E. LECOM-B is nearby in Florida and is comparable (in both living expenses and tuition) to LECOM-E.

Anyone have any insight on this?
There isn't a 18k difference in Living expenses. 41k might be accurate for me with a family, but I don't think thats a real number for a single person. OTH, that may be what loans are based off, so in that case I appreciate the higher number.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II, but nothing was available till late Oct/early Nov. Wow you guys ate it up fast.

Yeah, thanks for the info! I wonder if that had something to do with the admission counselor leaving

Hey so the info I gave you was wrong. Apparently (according to last year's thread from someone's interview), they interviewed 900! ~400 acceptances for 225 spots. 44% acceptance rate... and it seems like early interviews don't mean a whole lot here. From last year's thread, it seems like they accepted the strongest applicants, waitlisted the rest, and then reconsidered them as the pool grew larger continuing to select the strongest applicants. Although (at least on SDN), it didn't seem like many people got in off the WL. An M1 was explaining that they accepted too many students 2 years ago and ended up with 20-30 students too many in the c/o 2017 so they changed it up... :/

Praying to all the gods and stars and creatures of the earth. Also considering sacrificing my first born to Comcast. Can any current M1s confirm if this works?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so the info I gave you was wrong. Apparently (according to last year's thread from someone's interview), they interviewed 900! ~400 acceptances for 225 spots. 44% acceptance rate... and it seems like early interviews don't mean a whole lot here. From last year's thread, it seems like they accepted the strongest applicants, waitlisted the rest, and then reconsidered them as the pool grew larger continuing to select the strongest applicants. Although (at least on SDN), it didn't seem like many people got in off the WL. An M1 was explaining that they accepted too many students 2 years ago and ended up with 20-30 students too many in the c/o 2017 so they changed it up... :/

Praying to all the gods and stars and creatures of the earth. Also considering sacrificing my first born to Comcast. Can any current M1s confirm if this works?

I think that was me..I vaguely remember posting something about it.

I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much about chances of acceptance post-interview. Just focus on selling yourself at the interview and determining if NSU is a good fit for you. That's all you have control over at this point. The rest is out of your hands so try not to stress!

Reactions: 1 user
I was just told that I was supposed to send in my official transcripts along with my secondary!! No wonder they didnt get back to me!! Is this true??

I was just told that I was supposed to send in my official transcripts along with my secondary!! No wonder they didnt get back to me!! Is this true??
Told by whom? No, I don't believe that is the case. I received complete status at Nova by submitting the secondary and required LORs. Usually, no official transcripts are required until you've been accepted.

Judging from your "pre-dental" status, I think you've stumbled upon a wrong thread

I thought last year they rejected people with stronger stats in favor of those with average stats? As in, the 3.7 guy got rejected in favor of the 3.4-3.5 guy.

Told by whom? No, I don't believe that is the case. I received complete status at Nova by submitting the secondary and required LORs. Usually, no official transcripts are required until you've been accepted.
I was told the same thing today! Everyone who got a ii, did you send in official transcripts to NSU? Not including the ones for aacomas.

I thought last year they rejected people with stronger stats in favor of those with average stats? As in, the 3.7 guy got rejected in favor of the 3.4-3.5 guy.

I don't think there is anyway to predict who they accept or reject with this. Does anyone know if someone who is interviewing passes the numbers test for Nova? (ie. Competitive GPA and MCAT)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think there is anyway to predict who they accept or reject with this. Does anyone know if someone who is interviewing passes the numbers test for Nova? (ie. Competitive GPA and MCAT)
I don't know, but I have above average stats for this school (3.7/31) and have not received an interview invite yet. I'm pretty disappointed since it's my top choice DO school :/

I wouldn't be disappointed. As far as I'm concerned, hopefully you will be interviewed! Just wondering what it's like for someone post-interview in terms of numbers

I was told the same thing today! Everyone who got a ii, did you send in official transcripts to NSU? Not including the ones for aacomas.

Is this true? That makes little sense..

Official transcripts are always required prior to matriculation and only after acceptance.

Just wanted to put this out there since I know it was a discussion earlier in the thread. After receiving my interview invite a few days, I was contacted by an admissions representative to say that one of my letters had not been signed and they would like to have another copy of the letter sent to them signed.

I know this was an issue for me because I obviously hadn't seen my LORs and submitted through Interfolio, but despite that, Nova was super helpful and nice in making sure that everything was right so if this is a concern for you, don't stress too much! :)

Pretty sure this happens everywhere. I've seen plenty of people with lower stats <28 get ii from rvu...While I got rejected with a 30..too hard to go by stats alone.

What's with the "randomness" ? Guessing they have to be evaluating applicants thoroughly and definitely not by completion time and stats.

I don't know, but I have above average stats for this school (3.7/31) and have not received an interview invite yet. I'm pretty disappointed since it's my top choice DO school :/

Its early stop stressing.

There isn't a 18k difference in Living expenses. 41k might be accurate for me with a family, but I don't think thats a real number for a single person. OTH, that may be what loans are based off, so in that case I appreciate the higher number.

Yea its a family loan thing. Cost of living in Davie/plantation isnt too bad. NSU is in broward county.

So I was browsing through Nova's last year thread and it seemed like MAJORITY of the people interviewed in sept/October got waitlisted( both high stats and low stats ppl).....and a portion of them were pulled off the WL in December...

So I was browsing through Nova's last year thread and it seemed like MAJORITY of the people interviewed in sept/October got waitlisted( both high stats and low stats ppl).....and a portion of them were pulled off the WL in December...

We'll find out what happens this year

Hope it's acceptances lol

I hate sdn sometimes...just when I get really excited about something, there's always a post that I read that ends up shooting my spirit down lol.

We'll find out what happens this year

Hope it's acceptances lol
Lol ya apparently the administration was trying out a new way to sort through applicants last cycle, where early IIs get WLed, mid IIs get accepted, and late IIs rejected/WL. There was so much complaining in last year's thread lol.

Lol ya apparently the administration was trying out a new way to sort through applicants last cycle, where early IIs get WLed, mid IIs get accepted, and late IIs rejected/WL. There was so much complaining in last year's thread lol.
So a november interview is perfect then? I was complete 2 weeks ago so it looks like if i get one... it'll be then.

An interview is an interview regardless. There's no point in trying to guess which part is more likely to be accepted.

Just prep the best we can :)

Reactions: 2 users
An interview is an interview regardless. There's no point in trying to guess which part is more likely to be accepted.

Just prep the best we can :)
Agree, any and all interviews are a chance for you to shine and build your case to be accepted, whether your strong or not. If your there and talking, you got a shot to make them think 'You know, I thought this guy (or girl) looked like a waitlister, but wow, after talking, I really want to be around this kid, lets bump them up to accept.' There are no token interviews in the fall. If you are interviewing before Jan, you got a shot, no matter what school.

I mean you already got the date, and they accept something like 45-65% of interviewees (depending on whose numbers you like). Either way, that is a whole lot better chance than what you get for just initially applying. Thats my 2 cents anyhow.

haven't gotten secondary yet.. added the school two weeks ago. was verified in july...sigh

Interview invite! Yay! Good things come to those who wait :)

Reactions: 6 users
Interview invite! Yay! Good things come to those who wait :)
Congrats!! I just got one as well!! And for those of you waiting, don't lose hope!! I was complete July 10th and just got an II now. OOS, 29/3.65

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! I just got one as well!! And for those of you waiting, don't lose hope!! I was complete July 10th and just got an II now. OOS, 29/3.65
Did they call or email

There backed up guys give them time!

Should I be nervous if I was complete 8/7, but I don't have an ii? My stats are good (3.65/3.43/35), but now I'm starting to worry I have a bad LOR.

I called their admission office today and they told me to expect a 6-8 week time table for review and response to a secondary app.

Should I be nervous if I was complete 8/7, but I don't have an ii? My stats are good (3.65/3.43/35), but now I'm starting to worry I have a bad LOR.
Calm down you're fine.

I called their admission office today and they told me to expect a 6-8 week time table for review and response to a secondary app.

I already told you that. :p

November interview. Submitted secondary in early august. II today.

Last edited:
II!! Scheduled for 11/4! So excited about this school!

I've been complete since late June and haven't heard from NSU after the "complete" phone call. Lol *shrug* admissions are definitely mysterious!

I've been complete since late June and haven't heard from NSU after the "complete" phone call. Lol *shrug* admissions are definitely mysterious!

I know, right? I'm in the exact same situation.

If you are wondering: complete on 8/6

Last edited:
Congrats to all the recent interview invites!

And to those of you who haven't heard anything: September just started. There's still lots of time to get an interview.

Last edited: