Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Are you planning going to the school? Or are you waiting for an offer somewhere else?
I will almost certainly go there. I loved the school.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I got the call too. PNWU was my first choice. I am definitely taking the seat. And was in group 3 also. Looking forward to seeing fellow 10.11 interviewees next year!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the call too. PNWU was my first choice. I am definitely taking the seat. And was in group 3 also. Looking forward to seeing fellow 10.11 interviewees next year!
Congrats to you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in. Got a phone call yesterday. I'm still waiting for other schools to respond so not sure 100% if I'm going here but they called so you guys will get the call soon!

Any news from those who interviewed on 10/18 yet?????

No news yet-I interviewed in Group 1 on 10/18. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we hear back soon so that we can stop staring at our phones so intensely....

No news yet-I interviewed in Group 1 on 10/18. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we hear back soon so that we can stop staring at our phones so intensely....
Same here. No calls or anything. I was in group 1 as well on 10/18. Having to throw down those interviews right off the back was pretty nerve wracking.

Same here. No calls or anything. I was in group 1 as well on 10/18. Having to throw down those interviews right off the back was pretty nerve wracking.
It was definitely intense! Looking at when the previous group got calls it seems likely we might not hear anything till next week? Makes for a stressful weekend, but I'm hoping we get calls early in the week.

Does anyone know if you will get a call or email if you are declined? What's the process for that?

i think i was told that you have to wait for a letter in the mail regarding your status if you don't get an acceptance call.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was definitely intense! Looking at when the previous group got calls it seems likely we might not hear anything till next week? Makes for a stressful weekend, but I'm hoping we get calls early in the week.

Does anyone know if you will get a call or email if you are declined? What's the process for that?

So from what Trisha in admissions told me if they don't accept us, they will mail us a letter. Call for acceptance, otherwise snail mail.

Congrats to those accepted from the 10/11 group. This is exciting stuff!

Can anyone comment on how quickly their student portal was updated with a change in status after their interview? I was in group 2 in the AM interview group on 10/18. I almost wish they said "you'll know next month" instead of us waiting to hear back on a decision that was made Tuesday best of luck to everyone!

So from what Trisha in admissions told me if they don't accept us, they will mail us a letter. Call for acceptance, otherwise snail mail.
Thanks for letting me know! I missed that somehow.

Thanks for letting me know! I missed that somehow.
I don't think they talked about it at the interview. I just found out because I called a couple days ago to figure out what was going on.

Just received my acceptance phone call. I was in the afternoon group on 10/18. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my call, 10/18 group. Now the big decision time. Which school I think matches me and the family best.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got my offer as well from 10/18. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Congrats everyone! I got my acceptance call today too! I interviewed 10/18.

So excited! I got my acceptance call. :) looks like I'll be seeing you all in Yakima! Any of you 10/18 accepted in the AM group 1?

I got my acceptance call today as well!! I was part of the AM 10/18 group. This school is definitely near the top of my list.

I got my acceptance call today too and I couldn't be more excited!!!
This seems like a really great school and I'm so happy to have been offered this wonderful opportunity!

David, I hope that we end up being classmates! =]=]

Got my acceptance today too! So excited! Can't wait to be classmates with you guys!

Got my acceptance today too! So excited! Can't wait to be classmates with you guys!
Congrats. That's awesome. I have to be honest. We were in the same group and I've been trying to figure out which interviewee you were. Not much to go off of. But if we were both in group 1 AM there were only 8 of us. :p

Congrats. That's awesome. I have to be honest. We were in the same group and I've been trying to figure out which interviewee you were. Not much to go off of. But if we were both in group 1 AM there were only 8 of us. :p
Well- I just looked at the photo that I took of my badge, and it turns out this whole time after the interview I thought I was in group 1 but I was actually in group 2 of the AM interview session! (exactly why you are having trouble placing me I bet). Sorry for the confusion! Still-it's exciting that the AM group from 10/18 is going to be representing in 2015!

Well- I just looked at the photo that I took of my badge, and it turns out this whole time after the interview I thought I was in group 1 but I was actually in group 2 of the AM interview session! (exactly why you are having trouble placing me I bet). Sorry for the confusion! Still-it's exciting that the AM group from 10/18 is going to be representing in 2015!
lol. That would explain it. Either way 10/18 representing. :)

I think that we may have been in the same group? I was wearing a bright blue shirt and a grey suit!

I think that we may have been in the same group? I was wearing a bright blue shirt and a grey suit!
I think we might have! I was in a black suit with a bright pink shirt with curly hair.

accepted friday as well! 10/18 AM :)

Bug123 where do you think you are going to end up, I know you have several acceptances. And if do why are you leaning that way?

Do most of you have multiple acceptances?

I think it is still fairly early in the cycle. Some may have multiple acceptances, but others probably won't even interview for another few months! I know that PNWU is booking interviews for like Feb/March right now I think?

I know there was a few of us that have interviewed multiple places together and have acceptances at multiple places. I know at PNWU there was a bunch of us that interviewed at COMP-NW, DMU, and RVU together. But it is early still. Lots more interviews to go for people. As for me I am done and have narrowed it down to a couple of schools, PNWU being one of them.

Bug123 where do you think you are going to end up, I know you have several acceptances. And if do why are you leaning that way?

I have no freaking clue :( ...trying to catch my breath from flying all over the country! As grateful as I am for multiple acceptances, I am feeling very overwhelmed. "Someone help me!"

I have no freaking clue :( ...trying to catch my breath from flying all over the country! As grateful as I am for multiple acceptances, I am feeling very overwhelmed. "Someone help me!"
I have been slowly narrowing schools down, but it is so tough. There are positives and negatives to each school. It is one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make!!!

Trying to get my interview date moved up due to acceptances at other schools. I'm from the northwest and would like the opportunity to see what this school has to offer before i make my decision. Honestly I'm not sure about this school in the first place but the people posting on here make me want to check it out. Hope i get the opportunity.

I wish I was in your position. But hey this is one of my top choices and I managed to get in. I guess I'm jealous of your options, but not of the decision you have to make. >.<

I have been slowly narrowing schools down, but it is so tough. There are positives and negatives to each school. It is one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make!!!
I've been curious as to the though process that someone with multiple acceptances would have to go through. You mention pros and cons, what are some of the comparisons you are making between schools?

I wish I was in your position. But hey this is one of my top choices and I managed to get in. I guess I'm jealous of your options, but not of the decision you have to make. >.<

Have you officially made up your mind to attend pnwu? :)
Honestly it is one of my top choices as well.

Have you officially made up your mind to attend pnwu? :)
Honestly it is one of my top choices as well.
Yeah. It looks that way. Honestly I don't have any other offers right now. I mean PNWU is one of my top choices so it works out nicely that I got accepted here. :)