Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't yet!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. I'm in Orange County but it'll probably come today or tomorrow. It's silly, but I want physical proof before I relax haha

I'm about 4,000 miles away, so I'm guessing I'll get mine last.

I also just want physical proof that I actually got in. I'm still sort of in shock.

Members don't see this ad :)
no letter here either and I live supa close.
When can we start a facebook page?:banana:

Reactions: 1 users
I received the official letter today.

My portal status changed to Interview but I did not get an email. Did this happen to anyone else? How do I schedule the interview?

My portal status changed to Interview but I did not get an email. Did this happen to anyone else? How do I schedule the interview?

They will send you an email soon with dates available. Maybe I'll see you there!

They will send you an email soon with dates available. Maybe I'll see you there!
It was so strange because I just happened to log in to my portal today and noticed that the status had changed on 10/7. The interview schedule was listed as past due with a due date of yesterday but again, I was never emailed regarding the change in status. I emailed admissions to clarify. I hope that I am not too late. I love this school :)

It was so strange because I just happened to log in to my portal today and noticed that the status had changed on 10/7. The interview schedule was listed as past due with a due date of yesterday but again, I was never emailed regarding the change in status. I emailed admissions to clarify. I hope that I am not too late. I love this school :)

Probably a quick fix on their end. Let me know what date you choose. Potential interview reunion! Lol.

Same here! :soexcited::clap: This is for real! :)

Yup, it's finally real. I still couldn't believe it even after the phone call and the status change online to offer. Getting this letter makes this all real now.

Out of curiosity, did anyone interview in group 2C with me in the morning of 10/3?

Yup, it's finally real. I still couldn't believe it even after the phone call and the status change online to offer. Getting this letter makes this all real now.

Out of curiosity, did anyone interview in group 2C with me in the morning of 10/3?
I was in 1C, but I think 1C and 2C interviewed together.
or was it 1C and D who interviewed together,not quite sure.

Last edited:

I think it was 2C and D, definitely remember it was C and D. I just don't remember which group D it was.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in group 1C as well! Everyone I met on the interview day was really great. Congrats to everyone accepted. For those on the waitlist - don't give up just yet! They re-evaluate the waitlist after each interview, so you could hear back next month!

Surprised to get a rejection letter in the mail today pre-interview. In state resident (WA), 3.51 cGPA, 30 MCAT, published research, volunteer medical lab tech at a free clinic, and recipient of the health professions scholarship from the Navy. The only thing I think my application was missing was exposure to osteopathic medicine. Good luck to everyone else in the process!

It was 1C and 1D together, then we split up into C and D for the MMI stations, then came back together for the group discussion. I was 1D, and I remember you Lyana

Congrats on the acceptance btw!

Surprised to get a rejection letter in the mail today pre-interview. In state resident (WA), 3.51 cGPA, 30 MCAT, published research, volunteer medical lab tech at a free clinic, and recipient of the health professions scholarship from the Navy. The only thing I think my application was missing was exposure to osteopathic medicine. Good luck to everyone else in the process!
That's bonkers! What was your sGPA? I didn't shadow a DO yet still got accepted so I doubt that's the reason. I'd probably call them up to find out.

Not surprised considering that you lie on your application. For one, you're not eligible for the HPSP unless you've been accepted to medical school.

PNWU is actually one of those DOs that's very closely associated with the military considering that Yakima is one of the main training centers for our troops and ally forces. A word of advice to you: don't bs about anything military related stuff considering that almost every school adcom has at least someone who's very pro-military and somewhat knowledgeable about military intricacies, especially the HPSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprised considering that you lie on your application. For one, you're not eligible for the HPSP unless you've been accepted to medical school.

PNWU is actually one of those DOs that's very closely associated with the military considering that Yakima is one of the main training centers for our troops and ally forces. A word of advice to you: don't bs about anything military related stuff considering that almost every school adcom has at least someone who's very pro-military and somewhat knowledgeable about military intricacies, especially the HPSP.

He could have been accepted to another school, but I thought HPSP boards didn't begin until early October for Navy.

You just have to have an acceptance in hand for your packet; it doesn't matter if it's the school that you are actually going to matriculate at or not.

Also, there isn't a military installations in Yakima. I think the closest major installation would be Fort Lewis...and it isn't a training post. Unless you're referring to YTC, which is really just training grounds for those at Ft. Lewis.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I don't see why he would lie about getting an HPSP scholarship since there is a lot of paperwork/hoops/verification that has to be done to confirm it.

Last edited:
He could have been accepted to another school, but I thought HPSP boards didn't begin until early October for Navy.

You just have to have an acceptance in hand for your packet; it doesn't matter if it's the school that you are actually going to matriculate at or not.

Also, there isn't a military instillation in Yakima. I think the closest major instillation would be Fort Lewis...and it isn't a training post.

Wrong. It's called Yakima Training Center. I have been there four times in the past 10 months. I know what I'm talking about.

Lastly, you can't be a recipient of the HPSP until you have an acceptance letter in hand following the selection process after HPSP board. The first board hasn't happened yet. Again, these are small miscontruation of facts that reflect possibly on other lies caught by adcom.

Awesome, congrats! How did you find out, and when were you put on "Committee", if you don't mind sharing?

Thank you! I found out by randomly checking my self service account the same day I was chosen to Interview (10/8). Under "Decision" was "Interview". After my heart rate settled I called the admissions office to clarify the invite. I received an email the following day with several dates to choose from. I'm not sure when I was put on Committee; however, my secondary was submitted 9/9. Not sure if this helps, but feel free to ask any other questions!

Thank you! I found out by randomly checking my self service account the same day I was chosen to Interview (10/8). Under "Decision" was "Interview". After my heart rate settled I called the admissions office to clarify the invite. I received an email the following day with several dates to choose from. I'm not sure when I was put on Committee; however, my secondary was submitted 9/9. Not sure if this helps, but feel free to ask any other questions!
What other dates did they give you? Just curious!!

^ so they only do interviews once a month? Just wondering.

Woah woah, why so quick to accuse me of lying? I applied for the HPSP last year through the Navy during last years application cycle (where I wasn't accepted anywhere). I interviewed with Navy personnel, went through MEPS in Portland and was selected to receive the HPSP, the only thing I need to officially finalize it is an acceptance letter, so you're right in the sense I could have said it a little more clearly that I have been SELECTED to receive the HPSP. But damn why you gotta say it like that? xD

Reactions: 3 users
That's bonkers! What was your sGPA? I didn't shadow a DO yet still got accepted so I doubt that's the reason. I'd probably call them up to find out.
Congrats on the acceptance! My science GPA is around a 3.3 - 3.4. I think I might send them an email or call them to find out, thanks! :)

Congrats on the acceptance! My science GPA is around a 3.3 - 3.4. I think I might send them an email or call them to find out, thanks! :)
Thanks! That sGPA is solid.
Your MCAT and LORs are both less than 3 years old, right? That's about the only other reason I can think of.

Woah woah, why so quick to accuse me of lying? I applied for the HPSP last year through the Navy during last years application cycle (where I wasn't accepted anywhere). I interviewed with Navy personnel, went through MEPS in Portland and was selected to receive the HPSP, the only thing I need to officially finalize it is an acceptance letter, so you're right in the sense I could have said it a little more clearly that I have been SELECTED to receive the HPSP. But damn why you gotta say it like that? xD

You weren't selected to receive the HPSP. It was a conditional acceptance. The fact that you wrote you as a HPSP recipient raises some major red flags. I'm not going to hijack this thread further.

anyone knows where to find the match list for PNWU.
I have been looking everywhere, and can not find anything. :confused:

This is the only PNWU thread that seems to get much traffic here. I wanted to ask the current students about whether there might be any interest in a post-M1 Summer research fellowship in the Tri-Cities? I had a few specific questions in terms of an appropriate stipend, etc. Where do you think would be the best place to post something like this?

Rejected pre-interview, went to committee 9/15. Good luck to everyone else :(