-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Wonder how much of a window us with no II have after receiving LOR requests before definite rejection.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys mind posting when you got your LOR request? Congrats!
Got my LOR request July 3rd, completed July 6th.
Some gorgeous shots of the campus I thought many of you would enjoy (pictures do not belong to me):
http://christoandmelissa.com/lightroomexports/5_16_08_Pictures/index.html
Congrats to those with interview invites, we're all excited to see you in the fall. To everyone else, don't stress yet, it's a long cycle. 🙂
http://christoandmelissa.com/lightroomexports/5_16_08_Pictures/index.html
Congrats to those with interview invites, we're all excited to see you in the fall. To everyone else, don't stress yet, it's a long cycle. 🙂
Interview Invite!!!!! I can't contain myself right now. Definitely figured Mayo would be a FAAAAR reach for me. Stats are 3.9 cGPA / 4.00 sGPA / 33P MCAT (7 in verbal)
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
Congrats to everyone who got invites!
Got my LOR request July 3rd, completed July 6th.
Ok cool. I got mine the July 6th with a complete on the 13th so maybe there's still hope lol.
I really hope I get invited for am early interview/LOR request.....working with a 3.3 uGPA and hopefully a 4.0 gradGPA....
Just curious, what interview date did you sign up for?
Holy mother of God, man. Your MDApps profile is insane.
Wonder how much of a window us with no II have after receiving LOR requests before definite rejection.
Would also like to know this..
Holy mother of God, man. Your MDApps profile is insane.
Yep... I'm officially canceling my application and becoming a cement layer after reading through that...
yep... I'm officially canceling my application and becoming a cement layer after reading through that...
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there are student hosts?
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
Does anyone know if there are student hosts?
Sent from my iPhone
Yes. You should get information on that soon.
Ok cool. I got mine the July 6th with a complete on the 13th so maybe there's still hope lol.
Same dates here! Still hoping also. Although with all these 4.0s getting IIs....

Do you guys mind posting when you got your LOR request? Congrats!
Thanks! Got the letter request on July 5th.
Would also like to know this..
I was looking at last years thread and some people that submitted LOR 7/1 didn't hear about II until August 8th so I don't think we should worry they have a bunch of apps and are pretty good about quick rejections rather than dragging something out.
I think this is in my MDApps info but I got the secondary complete notification 7/3/12 and the LOR request 7/6/12 for those who were wondering. Even if you got the LOR request the same date or near the same date I don't think you should count yourself out yet. It's a long, complex process. Hold tight and don't lose hope!
Ditto, look forwarding to seeing you there! 🙂
Awesome!
I think this is in my MDApps info but I got the secondary complete notification 7/3/12 and the LOR request 7/6/12 for those who were wondering. Even if you got the LOR request the same date or near the same date I don't think you should count yourself out yet. It's a long, complex process. Hold tight and don't lose hope!
Nope, still can't get over your MDApps page, you almost make NickNaylor look like a bum.

Congrats all! Look forward to seeing you in the fall.
Some tips: Fly into MSP, will usually be cheaper. However coming directly into Rochester is easier (Obv).
Student hosting will be going out soon...our class reps sent out emails regarding that so it will get done.
The weather during september will be really nice so enjoy Rochester!
Some tips: Fly into MSP, will usually be cheaper. However coming directly into Rochester is easier (Obv).
Student hosting will be going out soon...our class reps sent out emails regarding that so it will get done.
The weather during september will be really nice so enjoy Rochester!
Same dates here! Still hoping also. Although with all these 4.0s getting IIs....![]()
I'm not a 4.0 applicant. You definitely still have hope.
When u Guys say complete do you mean thats when ur letters were received?
I'm also not a 4.0 applicant. Fee received 7/3, LOR 7/5, II 7/21. I also never got a "letters received" notice.
I'll be there on 9/10 and I look forward to seeing some of you there!
Interesting that you never got a LOR received email... Seems last year they did not initially send LOR received emails out, but eventually started sending them later in the cycle. Wonder if its just kinda a random thing with the LOR received emails...
Congrats on the interview invite BTW!
I'm also not a 4.0 applicant. Fee received 7/3, LOR 7/5, II 7/21. I also never got a "letters received" notice.
I'll be there on 9/10 and I look forward to seeing some of you there!
Congrats man! So far looks like three of us will be there 9/10 👍
Thank you! And yes - I'm super excited about meeting some of you guys!Congrats man! So far looks like three of us will be there 9/10 👍
As for the LOR confirmation thing, I agree with you DAPI that it seems random. Maybe it relates to whether you have already assigned them LORs or AMCAS had them available for download when Mayo makes the request? I know that mine were available to them when I received the LOR request.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My LOR's were available when Mayo requested, and I got the LOR received email. Not sure what's going on. Looks like I'm the only one here to interview on 9/14 as of now.
My LOR's were available when Mayo requested, and I got the LOR received email. Not sure what's going on. Looks like I'm the only one here to interview on 9/14 as of now.
Same here. But 9/21 for me 😛
got my LOR request on 7/7 not 7/6 and complete 7/13 haha I feel better now that I can justify mine was later than all those who got a II today 🙂 🙂 mental placebo
got my LOR request on 7/7 not 7/6 and complete 7/13 haha I feel better now that I can justify mine was later than all those who got a II today 🙂 🙂 mental placebo
👍 haha me too. Complete 7/13!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile
if our LOR's are already on AMCAS, will we still get an email from Mayo saying they are received?
This is addressed in your completion email.
This is addressed in your completion email.
false
"If your letters are already in AMCAS, there is no further action required on your part. If we wish to access the letters, we will retrieve them directly from AMCAS."
it does not say whether or not we will be notified if they access our letters.
You get an email. Or at least I did
You get an email. Or at least I did
thanks!
You get an email. Or at least I did
Yeah, but someone else who got an II did not get a LOR received email.
Some gorgeous shots of the campus I thought many of you would enjoy (pictures do not belong to me):
http://christoandmelissa.com/lightroomexports/5_16_08_Pictures/index.html
Congrats to those with interview invites, we're all excited to see you in the fall. To everyone else, don't stress yet, it's a long cycle. 🙂
Cool shots, can't wait to see the school/facilities in person 🙂
P.S. the inside of the Gonda Building looks ridiculously ritzy
Cool shots, can't wait to see the school/facilities in person 🙂
P.S. the inside of the Gonda Building looks ridiculously ritzy
I wouldn't say the Medical School building itself is all that impressive, it's cool but nothing special. I believe the lecture hall they use is still from when they built the place. However, the Mayo Clinic, and parts like the Gonda building will leave you breathless. It truly is amazing what they have done with the place...
Anyone know when post-LOR rejections would begin to go out ?
anyone know when post-lor rejections would begin to go out ?
+1
Anyone know when post-LOR rejections would begin to go out ?
According to last year's thread the first II was 7/30 and the first post-LOR rejection on 8/5. Based on this year's 1st II day of 7/22 and the same 6-day delay I would expect the first round of post-LOR rejections to come on 7/28 (at 2:30 AM Eastern time of course).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know when the second round of II will come out?
Congratulations to all those that received II! That is quite an accomplishment.
However, I don't understand why receiving a LOR request is such a big deal. Maybe I'm mistaken, but don't roughly half of all applicants to Mayo (~1700 out of 4000) get this request?
However, I don't understand why receiving a LOR request is such a big deal. Maybe I'm mistaken, but don't roughly half of all applicants to Mayo (~1700 out of 4000) get this request?
Congratulations to all those that received II! That is quite an accomplishment.
However, I don't understand why receiving a LOR request is such a big deal. Maybe I'm mistaken, but don't roughly half of all applicants to Mayo (~1700 out of 4000) get this request?
a) it's a screen done by mayo b) one step closer to interview
anyone know when the second round of II will come out?
I was looking at last years thread, and the first II were 7/30 then 8/3 another wave followed. It looks like they group II's by LOR-complete email date rather than the LOR-request dates, or thats what I gather at least. So I wouldent be suprised to see another wave this week. But of course my guess is as good as anyone else's.
Mind me asking when you got your LOR-request and LOR-received emails?
7/7 LOR-request, 7/13 LOR-received for me.
Congratulations to all those that received II! That is quite an accomplishment.
However, I don't understand why receiving a LOR request is such a big deal. Maybe I'm mistaken, but don't roughly half of all applicants to Mayo (~1700 out of 4000) get this request?
According to a post on the first page of this thread, it's actually around 800 of 4000 who receive a LOR request. I'd say that's a pretty big deal..
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K